The All-New Electronic Music Discussion & Recommendation Thread

David

10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Plus it's a colab with Fred Again, who has been churning out cracker after cracker for the past 2 years

His songwriting and production work before he started releasing his solo music is mad too. 30% of the number ones in 2019 were written by him.

I still watch this all the time. Love his sampling of Instagram videos.

11 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah. Marea (We've Lost Dancing), Billie, Baxter, Lights Out, Jungle, Turn On The Lights Again...

Actual Life Vol.1 is absolutely superb. It’s a masterclass in production. 

His episode of Tape Notes podcast phenomenal too. His production techniques are outstandingly simple yet effective way beyond their means. Like most of the vocals were recorded on his iPhone yet sound great. And his sampling is brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Forgot to pop this in here. YouTube had been recommending videos which were snippets from a recent Justice set in Paris. Well, it was last year now, but at the time it was recent. This is one of the tracks they played. It's so good.

• Paid Members

It's fucking incredible. It can be used in so many different sets too- it crosses genres. Everything about it is immense- the vocals, the trumpet, the bass (my god it's beefy) but the beat is key for me. So different from any other track out at the time.