WWE in 2020

CL Punk

• Paid Members

The biggest hook is what they’ll have at Wrestlemania now that we’re in the Rich as Fuck era. The amount of money flooding in from those TV deals, this is the first time they can bring in literally anyone and do anything they can possibly conceive. Other than Roman Reigns vs. The Fiend, I mean.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:08 PM, Supremo said:

The only thing I want for Cesaro is new kecks. He looks a right twat in his current outfit.

He’s always trying weird new little things seemingly in attempt to make something interesting about himself. They’re always shit. A few years back, for a phase of all of about 2 weeks he started creeping to the ring Tajiri style for his entrance. So odd it almost seemed like a rib or as though he was trying to pop someone behind the scenes or something.

On the subject of WrestleMania, I’d quite like that not to be 8 weeks long in 2020. As far as the card goes, no idea what it could be at this stage. With Daniel Bryan reverting back to face and old look, I’d be up for him winning the Rumble and challenging Lesnar at ‘Mania. Can’t see a great deal of options for Lesnar. This is one I always fancied happening at ‘Mania before and get the impression it’s what D-Bry wanted himself. And reckon Lesnar would fancy it at the big stage too. Bryan winning the Rumble and having that match at WrestleMania would hopefully prevent either being shat on by the live crowd too. Doubt it will happen though, as it’s probably Bryan/Fiend at the Rimble.

I’d also be up for Roman joining up with The Usos to go against Seth and AOP.

I think they’ll end up doing Reigns vs the Fiend and Lesnar vs Velasquez as the two big title matches. You’d think it’ll be either Lynch vs Baszler or Rousey for the Raw women’s title. Maybe they’ll finally get to Bayley vs Sasha for the Smackdown women’s. Other than that who knows? I’ve seen talk of Sting vs Taker and that Cena wants a match at Mania but no idea who it could be against, Bryan maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

I honestly don’t see how you build any interest in Lesnar Valasquez? Brock beat him in short order in what really seemed to be more of a setup to the Mysterio match than anything.

That's the kind of media mainstream they love though. That's Mania all over, even if they did already have that Saudi 'match.'

They’ll probably think Valasquez winning the Rumble will be enough to make you care about him.

The Mania main event feels like an inevitable death slot these days. Fiend vs Roman and Cane vs Lesnar have disaster written all over them, and I’m not sure they have it in em to reheat Lynch/Rousey.

It’s fun that it’s so wide open for once. It'll never happen, but Cena vs Punk in a smoke and mirrors end of an era match would be incredible.

I think there’s close to zero chance of Valasquez vs Lesnar happening again, not least at least at Wrestlemania.

Reigns/Fiend seems like a lock. 

They definitely won’t do this, but it would be a brilliant opportunity for a double turn.  The Fiend is already more or less treated as a babyface by the fans, and Reigns has the potential to be a sensational heel, and the most interesting matches they can do right now, for me, involve a heel Reigns and a very lengthy title run.

Reigns/Bryan

Reigns/Cena, as Cena goes for that record breaking title win...and fails.

Reigns/Lesnar, with Lesnar as the face.

Reigns/Rock (if he’s up for facing his cousin)

Reigns/Big E, with Big E finally taking his rightful place as a top babyface 

Imagine if the main matches for Mania this year are Fiend/Roman, Cain/Lesnar & Becky/Shayna. Good grief.

I don't know about anyone else, but Mania is fast becoming the worst PPV of the year for me, 8 hours long, most of the action played out to deafening silence, getting every bugger possible on the card. It'll be even worse next year with NXT being involved too. 

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

Supposedly WWE sent out a fan survey recently asking if shows are too long. With any luck that’s a good sign that they’ll stop stretching Wrestlemania out longer and longer each year.

Ideally, Wrestle Kingdom  will be a huge success this year and Vince will copy them by making Wrestlemania a two-day event in the upcoming years. Two three hour shows on Saturday and Sunday would be far better than one six hour show on Sunday. 

13 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Reigns/Fiend seems like a lock. 

They definitely won’t do this, but it would be a brilliant opportunity for a double turn.  The Fiend is already more or less treated as a babyface by the fans, and Reigns has the potential to be a sensational heel

I now love the idea of a 50-50 match where Roman goes from sticking to his go-to moves, to breaking out the plunder, to flat out low-blowing and choking the Fiend out, then getting the pin, only to rip off the Fiend's mask making Bray revert to his Funhouse persona, begging for mercy, but Roman continues fucking him up before standing tall over Bray's bloodied beaten body.

Edited by CavemanLynn

20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Ideally, Wrestle Kingdom  will be a huge success this year and Vince will copy them by making Wrestlemania a two-day event in the upcoming years. Two three hour shows on Saturday and Sunday would be far better than one six hour show on Sunday. 

Fucking hell, no thanks. One show of a sane length would be great ta.

2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

WrestleMania pretty much already is an all-weekend affair, with the fan access and NXT TakeOvers and whatnot.

I think this also adds to the dead crowd during Wrestlemania. A large part of them are already burnt out. I'm sure I read it is a six day affair this year due to Smackdown now being on Fridays. Absolutely mental. It actually sounds like hell sitting through all those days.