WWE in 2020

CL Punk

One of the worst things about these never-ending WrestleManias as well is that there's a decline in the overall historical narrative on which ones are any good. It's just impossible to tell anymore. No six hour show can be classed a good pay per view in terms of watchability. But then if you take all the best bits, the last three have been fairly great right? Or not? I can't fucking tell. They're producing an entire generation of WrestleManias only the biggest lunatics around are going to watch back without skipping huge chunks. 

I must have watched 14, 17, 19 about a dozen times over the years. In full. So they become these retrospective nuggets of warmth and familiarity that add to how you felt about them live at the time. 

I can't even tell the stadiums apart anymore. The logo colour slightly changes, everyone does a bit, and Brock Leaner does a big bit somewhere. It's WrestleMania! 

• Paid Members

After WM20 they start merging into one in my mind, whereas I could probably recount the whole card of every one up to that point. 

I have no idea why that is, but nothing felt special after the Attitude Era ended and got even worse when they stopped even numbering WM’s.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:21 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

One of the worst things about these never-ending WrestleManias as well is that there's a decline in the overall historical narrative on which ones are any good. It's just impossible to tell anymore. No six hour show can be classed a good pay per view in terms of watchability. But then if you take all the best bits, the last three have been fairly great right? Or not? I can't fucking tell. They're producing an entire generation of WrestleManias only the biggest lunatics around are going to watch back without skipping huge chunks. 

I must have watched 14, 17, 19 about a dozen times over the years. In full. So they become these retrospective nuggets of warmth and familiarity that add to how you felt about them live at the time. 

I can't even tell the stadiums apart anymore. The logo colour slightly changes, everyone does a bit, and Brock Leaner does a big bit somewhere. It's WrestleMania! 

Ronda/Becky/Charlotte aside I’m not sure I could tell you what matches happened on specific Wrestlemanias after 31. It’s probably partly because they’ve stopped numbering the shows, but the show length makes it difficult to digest anything, or even to get excited anymore. 

Brain death will be just a gimmick change for Vince. They'll already be preparing some military tech stasis chamber to hook him into for a vegetative authority figure run like Mr. House in Fallout New Vegas.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, iMPACt! said:

I think this also adds to the dead crowd during Wrestlemania. A large part of them are already burnt out. I'm sure I read it is a six day affair this year due to Smackdown now being on Fridays. Absolutely mental. It actually sounds like hell sitting through all those days.

Smackdown moving to Friday has actually made the "week" shorter.  As before it'd start Thursday and run until Tuesday.  Now it just runs Thursday-Monday.

Just means Smackdown is now on at the same time as Axxess, whereas the last few years, it's been on unopposed.

3 hours ago, The Dart said:

Smackdown moving to Friday has actually made the "week" shorter.  As before it'd start Thursday and run until Tuesday.  Now it just runs Thursday-Monday.

Just means Smackdown is now on at the same time as Axxess, whereas the last few years, it's been on unopposed.

It didn’t start on Thursday before, did it? It used to be Friday-Tuesday, now it’s Thursday-Monday. 

4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Brain death will be just a gimmick change for Vince. They'll already be preparing some military tech stasis chamber to hook him into for a vegetative authority figure run like Mr. House in Fallout New Vegas.

I picture it more like Walt Disney frozen head being kept on ice in The Castle at Disney World Florida, just change The Castle for Titan Towers.

I can see it being thawed out for Wrestlemania 50's main event of a cloned John Cena vs. Mecha-Vince!

Edited by CL Punk