Jump to content

The Mandalorian (spoilers)


Onyx2

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Loved that episode. So much to talk about.

I found the reunion of Frog Lady with Frog Man genuinely sweet and touching. So happy for those guys.

Baby Yoda making friends with Tadpole as the Frogs looked on was so adorable I almost forgive him for all the murders last week.

Bo Katan and her crew were great. Sasha Banks fitted in well, and I’m watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time (while currently rewatching Clone Wars) so I’m all about the Katee Sackhoff. Liked how Mando still felt like an outsider even among Mandalorians.

Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito and now Titus Welliver. This show knows how to cast Imperials!

Great action scenes this week, really impressive. Based on how (mostly) calm and peaceful her episode last season was, I wasn’t expecting this to be a Bryce Dallas Howard effort. Though I guess Deborah Chow isn’t directing anything this season as she was working on the Kenobi show at the time.

Mando’s off to find Ahsoka! That’s going to be really, really interesting. Not least because she knew Actual Yoda and is presumably going to be the first person Mando’s met who’ll actually recognise a Yoda and go “oh, it’s a Yoda”.

Can’t wait for next episode. What a great end to the work week.

Edit: oh, and the super cool what looked like repurposed AT-ATs working at the docks! And the PERIL when that monster ATE Baby Yoda! Now he know how it feels.

Posted

This show just continues to get better, thought Sasha done well in her cameo and loved Katee Sackhoff's character. Be very interested to see how they translate Ahsoka's animated look to live action in next week's episode, don't know a whole lot about her as I've only sporadically watched the Clone Wars series

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
30 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

This show just continues to get better, thought Sasha done well in her cameo and loved Katee Sackhoff's character. Be very interested to see how they translate Ahsoka's animated look to live action in next week's episode, don't know a whole lot about her as I've only sporadically watched the Clone Wars series

It’ll be interesting to see to what extent they assume knowledge of her. I guess, with Mando knowing nothing about Jedi, that’s an advantage because Ahsoka will have to explain things to him and fill in viewers who don’t know about her at the same time.

My wife’s never watched any animated Star Wars (she tolerates a lot of Star Wars from me but she’s not that far gone yet) but she knows who Ahsoka is, which is impressive.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I thought I recognised Sasha Banks. It's hard to know for sure it's her without Michael Cole screaming 'IT'S BOSS TIME' like a fucking gimp.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Hell of an episode this week with some answers to early questions. Looks like Moff Gideon is trying to build his own squad of clone Darth Vader-like super soldiers...which I definitely didn't see coming. Also is there many actors with as inherent likeability as Carl Weathers? Love that glorious man.

Posted

I notice that he directed the episode too, really good episode.

It's weird cause I hated the Mandalorian when it first started, I think it took me about three tries over the space of 8 months to get past the 3rd episode. I love it now.

They seem to have made the child a bit more likeable after his frog egg eating exploits. It was funny watching him like he was on a rollercoaster, and using the force to get the sweets off the older kid :)

It was an episode with some intrigue, the marshall lady being from Alderon, I was half expecting that she'd be related to Leia somehow but that might be a bit too cute, the darth vader army looks absolutely mental too, we know that it doesn't happen cause they're not around in the force awakens. The only slight let down was the alien that fixed the ship, even before the weird look as Mando was walking away, I had a sense they were up to no good, but that is really minor and didn't spoil another great episode.

Posted

Belting episode. I'm officially sold on the child being the most adorable thing ever- the biscuit stealing, the rollercoaster arms, the vomiting.

The video game feel continued with the escape from the base, particularly loved the Dukes Of Hazard jump off the cliff in the transport vehicle and the three of them screaming. Popped like a loon at what turned out to not be a star destroyer flying in from the top of the screen and Moff Gideon at the end. Yet again I'm stupidly giddy for the next episode.

Posted

Of course they're going to drag out the Tano reveal...

A solid episode today with a mix of tense scenes, action and humour. It sounds sad but watching it just brightens my day.

This episode felt closer to the first season and more like classic Star wars. 

4 scout troopers out of 5.

Posted
1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

Of course they're going to drag out the Tano reveal...

It was always assumed Ahsoka would appear in the 5th episode, since that one is said to be  written and directed by Dave Filoni himself!

Posted

Never mind the “was it Boba? Was it a clone?” talk, whose this mystery man

5tiUzdT.jpg
 

In all seriousness though great episode and Carl Weathers reaffirmed his place as my standby Dad. I hope this isn’t the only time we see him this series 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Never mind the “was it Baba? Was it a clone?” talk, whose this mystery man

5tiUzdT.jpg
 

In all seriousness though great episode and Carl Weathers reaffirmed his place as my standby Dad. I hope this isn’t the only time we see him this series 

Imagine going to the lengths they go to to stop crew reflecting in his armour and they have a fella just hanging around in the shot

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Another great episode.

Baby Yoda excellent. Who can blame him for wanting those space macarons.

Great action in the escape from the base, the speeder bike chase had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times.

Some nice development on a few larger stories. Confirmation of the theory that Herzog wanted Baby Yoda for midichlorian purposes - but were those Palpatine bodies in the tanks?

(edit: answering my own question - seems Dark Troopers are part human part machine and are Force sensitive. So it’s probably them)

Moff Gideon is properly scary. I had to look up whether those were Vaders at the end, but @johnnyboyknew the score. I didn’t play the game Dark Troopers appeared in but they can’t be good news!

Worried for Mando. Worried for Baby Yoda. Worried for Ahsoka. Can’t wait for next week.

Posted

Promised my Mrs I'd wait for her to to watch this weeks episode as she had a few errands to run. Glad I broke that and watched it anyway the second she left the house. Less explosions and biker scout crashes but they can still do absolute crackers of episodes like this with a calmer yet still busy tone. 

I loved the whole look of the world they were on with the dim sepia lighting, it made for a really cool, mysterious atmosphere, especially the fight scenes. The lightsaber battle definitely had the vibe of an old martial arts film to it.

I figured the Ashoka reveal was coming the second I pressed play because of how the catch up from last week went. I was worried about how they'd do it but I thought it was handled really well, Rosario Dawson was fantastic and the little swells of familiar music made my heart race. And the kid's name is Grogu, go figure. He'll still be Baby Yoda, The Child or The Kid in our house.

Also- Admiral fucking Thrawn getting a mention?! Is he going to be in this series then?! Holy Expanded Universe Batman.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...