The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Onyx2

They could’ve had Dawson be on screen and re-dub with Ashley Eckstein I suppose. So long as they told Dawson they were doing that, I’m struggling to think of a time they’ve done that before. Joking aside, I can understand casting Dawson and she’s a perfect capable actress for the part.
Although I have just read someone saying she shouldn’t have been cast because she’s a Trekkie, citing an interview she did on the Conan O’Brian show. Seriously, fucking hell.
It’s the Kevin Conroy deal- he’s the voice of Batman, but he can’t BE Batman (and yes, I know he was Bruce Wayne in that Batwoman crossover episode).

Thanks @HarmonicGeneratorfor the kayfabe explanation on the head-tails, but yeah I imagine it’s purely a practical reason why they’re shorter

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Holy shit. I had to rewind a couple of times because I was yelling like an excited simpleton so much. Was out of breath by the end. Amazing episode, just fantastic telly. And arguably the best thing Robert Rondriguez has ever directed. I really can't wait to see the whole gang rock up to get the kid back.

I think there are at least another 2 series that have been commissioned so I wonder whether this series could end on a downer. Something like the good guys get together and try their hardest to get Grogu back, but ultimately they fail and maybe even have a couple of them die trying. Then it could be something like people losing faith in what they're fighting for and Mando trying to get people to believe again.

What an episode that was though, it was another of those over before you know it ones, and the Boba Fett thing was done nicely, maybe too nicely? Possibility of a screwjob from Boba later on? He's made it clear he pledges himself to no-one then 10 minutes later is like we're with you til you get the child back.

I guess the rock was also some calling out to Jedi, similar to the Borg deflector dish in First Contact. So it should mean we'll hopefully get some Jedi action soon. Mof is also a perfect villain isn't he, evil, smarmy, clever, focussed. 

• Paid Members

I didn't love that episode. It looked weirdly low budget. Probably because it was clearly filmed on a hill 5 minutes drive away from the studio. And I think they need to start doing a bit more with Stormtrooper battles than "slowly walk towards the heroes and get easily killed". Also I always thought Boba Fett was supposed to be a scumbag, didn't like his noble portrayal here. Enjoyed the Moff Gideon stuff though. I guess I just expected something more from the Jedi temple stuff.

Fett is getting the Maul treatment; a character who looks good but does bugger all suddenly gets a rewrite and becomes the best thing since sliced bread. My opinion on Fett has changed and this episode topped last week for me. It just gets better and better.

The show is wildly unpredictable and tremendous fun. Will it ever dip in quality? I doubt it. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

It just doesn't make sense. Fett was on tatooine for a long time... It doesn't detract from how good the series is, I'm just confused.

He's got Slave 1, I don't think he's just been hanging around on Tatooine. He might have assumed the armour was sarlacc poo and only heard about it when Cobb started wearing it, similar to how Mando found out.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I did have to laugh when the Razor Crest blew up. I mean, first I was gutted, but then I remembered the 20k people who paid for the HasLab Razor Crest at £350 which just closed

It'll be back with a different colour stripe so they can spunk another £350 

• Awards Moderator
On 12/4/2020 at 9:26 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

my biggest criticism of Boba Fett was completely redeemed with this episode. 

That he's too skinny? 

Edited by Onyx2

Thicc Boba busting out of his armour like 99% of Boba cosplayers was glorious. Other than that it was clearly filmed on a hill around the back of some studio I though it was a great episode. Shout outs go to baby handcuffs, Moff’s glorious spin turn and cape flail and Stormtroopers being the worse fighting force ever.