The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I understand where you're coming from LaGoosh and it's a shame. I don't agree with you, but I get what you mean. I think if they had to include it (which I'm thrilled they did) then they did the absolute best they could with it, including getting Mark Hamill in. 

I think the only thing that could’ve made Mando letting Grogu go more emotional would’ve been if Cat Stevens turned up. 
Im totally fine with them splitting up though, gives a chance to freshen up Mando as a singles.

I’m totally onboard with whatever they’re doing with Boba Fett going forward. I’m assuming this ‘Book of Boba Fett’ is a reworking of what was going to be the standalone film which was scrapped after Solo flopped?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Felt like a kid at Christmas! Loved it - anything that can make me get up early to watch, gasp so much I wake up my sleeping dog and cry like a baby is doing something right! 

Pascal is just all kinds of wonderful isn’t he? 
I’m actually going to rewatch it straight away. Joy.

Edited by Sonny Mustang

I mean it's very clever writing and exceptional acting to feel so much for Mando, when he's only taken his helmet off like 3 times in 16 episodes.

I loved the Luke Skywalker thing, I thought at first it might be Obi Wan, but I was suffering from a bit of brain fog and realised he'd be dead by now and very old. So when it was Luke I was very happy. 

I probably missed something (again brain fogginess today) but where was Boba Fett this episode? He might've wanted a pop at Luke after the events in the films?

Fucking hell. The only logical conclusion to Grogu's story is to be adopted (kidnapped?) by Luke Skywalker. Watching the X wing arrive and the subsequent destruction of the dark troopers is everything I wanted to see from Skywalker in his prime. I can totally see how people would be pissed with that, especially as the mandalorian felt like the freshest thing to happen to Star Wars and it feels like a possible backwards step. It's not though.

There is still plenty to explore now we've lost the baby Yoda hype. Who's going to re-establish mandalore? Gideon lives! What's next for the mandalorian? 

It was pure joy from start to finish and although I'd love to see more I'm happy if that's the end. It won't be though as it's a cash cow. 

The post credit reveal also excites me and I never thought I'd feel that about Fett. Bravo.

People moaning about the CGI can just piss off for me. Might look a bit shonky but who bloody cares?  Its Luke, we know its Luke and its Mark fucking Hamill. Had you had, say Sebsastian Stan do it what would that end mean? People would be going 'WHO'S HE PLAYING?' Yeah he looks like Luke  if WE KNOW he's playing Luke. The point is its a surprise. They may well have Sebastian playing him going forward, but then we'll know so it'll be pretty cool.

Seen people also moaning going 'oh The Mandalorian was standalone and now its throw everything at it' Good.  The second season has started incorporating all the best of STAR WARS without it feeling shoehorned. It has literally made BOBA FETT finally interesting and we got to see Luke be awesome. Asohka looked the bollocks in live action as well.

I fucking love this show. Its incredible fun. Bring on THRAWN at some point. I'm already casting it.

2 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I mean it's very clever writing and exceptional acting to feel so much for Mando, when he's only taken his helmet off like 3 times in 16 episodes.

I loved the Luke Skywalker thing, I thought at first it might be Obi Wan, but I was suffering from a bit of brain fog and realised he'd be dead by now and very old. So when it was Luke I was very happy. 

I probably missed something (again brain fogginess today) but where was Boba Fett this episode? He might've wanted a pop at Luke after the events in the films?

He high-tailed with the two Tie-Fighters in pursuit when the guys were on the approach as part of the decoy plan.

Ive got a question about Slave-1. It flies vertical but lands horizontal, so does Boba have to land it while essentially laying down? There was a bit in the last episode showing some of interior rotating, but it didn’t seem to be the same for the cockpit

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Well let's hope Grogu graduates from Jedi Academy before Kylo Ren murders him.

I admit my worry about this has played on my mind since I watched it. They can’t leave him there to get murdered.

Loved the X-Wing turning up and double loved Luke smashing through the Dark Troopers. I held it together during the farewell but Pascal’s tears were how I felt on the inside. When Grogu touches his face ... 💔

Post credit scene was fun as I’m a Fortuna mark but I do hope The Book of Boba Fett is a spin off and not season 3. Even with the work they’ve done on him this season, I’d take Mando over Fett any day.