The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Onyx2

• Paid Members

A nice episode with old Pedro finally getting his way. It was as close to a filler as we got this season for me, but Bill Burr is always welcome and thought he did another great job in this one. That final minute means I’m expecting big things from the finale next week!

• Paid Members

Yeah...that was quite shit. Massively disappointed with the whole episode actually. Feels like the show is done and ended on a damp squib. But that bit was really jarring and I hated it. If the technology isn't there yet to do something like that convincingly then the writers need to come up with better endings.

Does this mean the Boba Fett series is replacing the Mandalorian season 3 or is this another new Star Wars show?

Edited by LaGoosh

Couldn't disagree more. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Although not the best episode of the series it still had plenty that I thought was good to great, especially the dark trooper scrap, anything involving Moff Gideon and the whole last stand thing was genuinely tense. I'd say it was a weaker ending than series one but only because it does feel like that should be the logical end of The Mandalorian as I don't know how much I want a series of just Mando running around without the kid. 

When the lone X-Wing turned up I let out an "OH FUCK" as I'd twigged what was coming. I thought they did the young Luke effect really well, as much as I didn't want any Skywalker involvement in the show. The technology is a million times better than what was in Rogue One.

Popped like a buffoon for the post-credits bit with Jabbas Palace and fat Bib Fortuna. Boba Fett: Crimelord is fine with me.

• Paid Members

Didn't expect negative reactions, as I was bouncing around with joy the entire time! The Boba Fett thing is a spin-off, and I imagine the 3rd series of Mando will be about some sort of Bo-Katan heel turn trying to get the Dark Saber from Mando.

Love the Dark Troopers. They were basically terminators and when they all flew back on to the ship it was nail-biting. 
CGI is always a bit dodgy but I'd happily take a bit of dubious CGI if it means Luke Fucking Skywalker is going to show up and rip through a bunch of troopers.
I thought Moff Gideon was fantastically smug, and him trying to off himself as a last resort when Luke showed up was a cool touch, thought I don't think we've seen the last of him.
Wasn't there a 3rd Mandalorian in that little gang? Where did he go?
I don't know much of the expanded Star Wars Universe but I don't remember The Child or any Yoda-type being others than Yoda, so I imagine The Child will find his way back to Mando too.

All in all I loved every second of it. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Didn't expect negative reactions, as I was bouncing around with joy the entire time! The Boba Fett thing is a spin-off, and I imagine the 3rd series of Mando will be about some sort of Bo-Katan heel turn trying to get the Dark Saber from Mando.

Love the Dark Troopers. They were basically terminators and when they all flew back on to the ship it was nail-biting. 
CGI is always a bit dodgy but I'd happily take a bit of dubious CGI if it means Luke Fucking Skywalker is going to show up and rip through a bunch of troopers.
I thought Moff Gideon was fantastically smug, and him trying to off himself as a last resort when Luke showed up was a cool touch, thought I don't think we've seen the last of him.
Wasn't there a 3rd Mandalorian in that little gang? Where did he go?
I don't know much of the expanded Star Wars Universe but I don't remember The Child or any Yoda-type being others than Yoda, so I imagine The Child will find his way back to Mando too.

All in all I loved every second of it. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Completely echoed my faults. Can't understand any hate directed to it. I thought the lightsabre was white at first looking at the monitors, so my excitement of seeing the x-wing and it being Luke or Obi was gone as I assumed Ashoka was back. Then we saw the green, and the glove and I was elated. Absolutely kicking ass!

I am actually excited that Grogu has gone away. As much as I like the little cute fella, I am interested to see a return to Season 1's bounty hunter work. And Moff surviving is only a good thing in my book. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Factotum said:

How anyone can hate that is beyond me. Pure fucking joy

I hated it because I couldn't suspend my disbelief because of how naff the special effects were. It just looked so weird and off to me. It removed any emotional attachment I had. That wasn't Luke Skywalker to me, it was a really off putting, distracting, cheap looking special effect. Grogu leaving Mando should have broken my heart but I just felt flat and deflated and I don't like that I felt like that about a relationship that I love so much.

As for the rest of the episode, it felt lacking in tension to me because it was the heroes mostly walking down corridors shooting endless stormtroopers that they've done loads this season with no real threat, the action scenes felt a lot more unique and dangerous in season 1. Compare the heart, humor and tension of the season 1 finale to this episode was night and day. 

I'm not your typical Star Wars fan who loves to find stuff to complain about. I fucking love this shit (even most the crap stuff everyone else hates) so yeah, I'm very disappointed that I didn't like the episode.

I can get behind a Boba Fett building a criminal empire story next Christmas for sure.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I hated it because I couldn't suspend my disbelief because of how naff the special effects were. It just looked so weird and off to me. It removed any emotional attachment I had. That wasn't Luke Skywalker to me.

It literally was though. Mark Hamil was credited (even if he had a double for his fight scene.  I don't think they looked that off. Wasn't as good as some of the MCU deaging, but it was pretty good.

In fact if I was critical of anything it was Sasha's Fuego Del Sol tribute of doing a Tornado DDT because she's a wrestler in real life. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It literally was though. Mark Hamil was credited (even if he had a double for his fight scene.  I don't think they looked that off. Wasn't as good as some of the MCU deaging, but it was pretty good.

I disagree. I thought it looked really bad and I was completely unable to suspend my disbelief. The whole thing felt weird and creepy to me, therefore I didn't like it. 

Additionally I'm not a huge fan of the "everyone in the Star Wars universe knows eachother" thing that they always do.