WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Surprised the show sent people into an anti-Vince frenzy, I thought it was alright.

All the thrown together matches ended up being decent and some of it was really good. wasn't sure about the red lights at first but at least they were trying something different.

Obviously a DQ in a HIAC is shit but it felt more like a standard dodgy finish where no one has to lose than something really offensive, Seth came off looking weak but I think it was more about trying to not have Bray take a loss than protecting Seth (although everyone hated it so I guess it was a misstep). 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

The network is pulling in roughly $15M a month or $180 million a year alone without counting TV deals, Saudi money, Live event money (around $150-200K a show based on last years 5000 average attendance and $30-40 average ticket price)

In 2006 WWE income was $400M, in 2017 it was $800M. If i ran a company that managed to increase its turnover by $400 million in 12 years i'd be happy. You can only see this increasing over time (based on the last 14 years growth on growth)

WWE is like the premier league. The crowds don't matter as the clubs (or in WWE case, the brand) profits are not directly linked to live attendance any more. WWE could probably run empty arena TV shows and still make a profit on them from TV deals and Network subscribers alone

https://corporate.wwe.com/~/media/Files/W/WWE/press-releases/2019/q4-2018-pr.pdf

Income isn't profit and I'm sure costs have gone up massively since 2006, but I get your point. My point is that if ratings and subscribers continue to drop in the steady way they are surely that's something they need to urgently fix before it's too late.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Not allowed to blame Heyman though.

He's never booked a main event ending this stupid before so I reckon it's fair for most fans to assume it was the work of the people who have booked all the other fucking idiotic endings of the past 10 years.

16 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

He's never booked a main event ending this stupid before so I reckon it's fair for most fans to assume it was the work of the people who have booked all the other fucking idiotic endings of the past 10 years.

People plural? Who is on the “we’re allowed to blame them” list these days?

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Not allowed to blame Heyman though.

I like Heyman as much as I like anyone in wrestling but I tend to agree. 

There's been so much pap on news sites saying after any decent change, "that was a Heyman idea, he was all for it." And after any questionable booking, "Heyman was against that, but was overruled." It's clear bollocks. So much crap comes on my timeline, Heyman wants to push this guy, Heymans doing this and that. It's clear it's just people watching RAW and making assumptions based on what their favourite bits are. 

There's the placebo effect also. Sit 10 "smart" wrestling fans down to watch an event booked by a McMahon they'll have loads of moans about it. Show them the same show and tell them Heyman booked it they'll probs say it's great. WWE have every right to capitalise on this and I'm sure that's what they're trying, to an extent anyway. 

Besides all this kerfuffle, people haven't talked about that relatively unprotected chairshot to the head that Bray took.  The first time I can remember someone being hit in the head with a chair in years in WWE, and it meant nothing.

Except of course I'm pretty sure Sasha Banks took a chair to the head in their HITC match earlier, but I presume that was unintentional.  In any event, the women's cell match was a lot better than the men's.

Between that and the blood, and a few other things over the last few weeks, it does feel like they're loosening the PG apron strings a touch, but there's no point unless it means something.