WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Everyone is only complaining about the finish because Vince booked it and he isn’t their Dad. That match was a brilliant display of long term booking which totally paid off and has elevated all those involved. 

Sarcasm or stupidity? I can't tell.

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

dem wanz are like an abusive relationship, you know you should walk away for good but can’t force yourself to leave

Indeed. Being a WWE fan is allowing yourself to be a cuck and kidding yourself that you’re ok with it, because she just needs to get it out of her system for a bit, constantly believing this one was the last time and she’ll realise she wants things how it used to be. The magic you once had will be back ...eventually. Besides, those rare occasions you do actually get to fuck her it’s still pretty incredible. When it’s good, it’s great! But 90% of the time you hate what’s going on, you’re embarrassed and you hate yourself for putting up with it and when you pluck up the courage to confront her about it she just tells you “wins and losses don’t matter!”.

Edited by GeronimoJacksBeard

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Sarcasm or stupidity? I can't tell.

Have a day off!

2 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Indeed. Being a WWE fan is allowing yourself to be a cuck and kidding yourself that you’re ok with it, because she just needs to get it out of her system for a bit, constantly believing this one was the last time and she’ll realise she wants things how it used to be. The magic you once had will be back ...eventually. Besides, those rare occasions you do actually get to fuck her it’s still pretty incredible. When it’s good, it’s great! But 90% of the time you hate what’s going on, you’re embarrassed and you hate yourself for putting up with it and when you pluck up the courage to confront her about it she just tells you “wins and losses don’t matter!”.

Need to post in the relationship thread, mate?

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I've often said that being a WWE fan is a lot like being a Doctor Who fan (though can probably be substituted for any long-running show). You keep watching, episode after episode, when they're putting out absolute dross that makes you think, "why the fuck do I even watch this any more?", and right before you're ready to give up on it altogether, they pull off one thing that reminds you how good it can be when they get it right - that sucks you back in, you're invested again, and then within a couple of episodes you're back to questioning it, but you have the memory of the One Good Thing that's giving you the motivation to keep going.

Problem is, the good stuff is getting scarcer and scarcer. 

So I’ve only watched the highlights but I’m actually quite happy with the ending....bear with me

As I was watching it I was thinking “they are totally setting this up for Seth to hit him in the head so many times he eventually gets pinned but went down valiantly” as this was happening I was getting more and more stressed and anxious about the pin that was about to come and then.....the ref called for a DQ. I was so happy and relieved. 

So yes it was a terrible idea for a match in the first place and a terrible finish and it ruins things a bit, but it didn’t completely kill off the Fiend, so I’m grateful for that!!

Just a shame when it comes to the point that you have to be happy that WWE went with just a completely stupid idea instead of a completely f*****g stupid idea  

• Paid Members

I'm not saying it was great (it clearly wasn't), but I didn't think it was massively egregious overall. Bray came out of it still looking like a monster. Not so much for Seth, but he's been dead in the water for a while as champion. His selling is pretty woeful.

I wonder if there was an intention to try and do a double turn but that didn't really come off if so. They booked themselves into a corner and found the expected screwy finish to get out of it. Not great, but hardly Hogan/Warrior in 1998.

Did it achieve much? Not really, but it'll be forgotten in a week. Seeing people on Twitter saying WWE "should be ashamed of themselves" makes me thankful I don't take wrestling that seriously. 

The rest of the show was enjoyable enough. Becky/Sasha was very good, and I enjoyed Rowan and Harper Vs Bryan and Reigns. WWE should do more tornado tags. Everything else was just 'there' but nothing offensive on a show that was always going to be a bit throwaway given everything else happening this week. 

• Awards Moderator

Really enjoyed the first half of the show. Becky vs Sasha was really great - the third (maybe fourth) year in a row the HIAC opener has been better than the closer.

Tornado Tag Match and the six man tag were both fun as well.

I don’t really feel strongly either way about the ending - as soon as it was for the Title you had to expect something screwy and illogical. Like others have said, they booked themselves into a hole, and last night was “no, no, dig UP, stupid”.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Thing is though, it is nothing. 

Everyone moaning online, everyone booing last night and everyone chanting "AEW!!11" will still be watching Raw tonight, they will still be subscribing to the WWE network, they will still go and watch a live event when they are in there town, so Vince can be as "delusional" as he likes.

Live attendance, ratings, network subscribers and merchandise are all dropping at a steady rate. While at the moment the TV deals and Saudi cash is making them more money than they know what to do with, how feasible is it long term to run a wrestling company that is continually dropping in popularity with no sign of it turning around? 

11 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I don’t really feel strongly either way about the ending - as soon as it was for the Title you had to expect something screwy and illogical. Like others have said, they booked themselves into a hole, and last night was “no, no, dig UP, stupid”.

I guess the main problem is that it didnt have to be illogical. Screwy? Sure, when you've booked yourself into a corner like that then it's the only way out if you're not willing to commit either way. But illogical? They could easily have had Bray go completely mental on Seth, not caring about winning the title or anything, and just destroying him to the point where the match gets thrown out. Sure, people would've been pissed that he didn't win the title, but it wouldn't have hurt him. I think it would've gone down better than the way they went i.e. a bazillion curb stomps and a stupid stoppage for a sledgehammer of all things. Why not have The Fiend attempting to smash Seth's head in with that mallet for example?

• Paid Members

WWE isn't getting away with shitty booking because people are continuing to watch/buy.

WWE is getting away with shitty booking because their new TV deals more than make up for the fact that people are stopping watching and buying.

I liked the end of that match since The Fiend didn't take a loss, and it adds an edge to Seth's character. Good character development is going to lead to more buys and the more people talking about the finish the more WWE will get back to watch for the rematch. Seth got shitloads of heat for this and that's the aim behind it. 😎