WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Early on in the match, Bray was fucking about throwing Seth outside the ring, and Coke said something like “What does the Fiend even want here? Does he care about the Universal title?” And so far, there’s been no clear motivation for Bray wanting the belt. I don’t give a shit that he didn’t win it. Match went to pot after the first time he popped up from the stomp though. 

I really didn’t like Corbin battering Gable backstage. I want Shorty to have a good night, where he wins and doesn’t get beaten up afterwards!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Fuck me, I thought competition was going to bring out the best in WWE and then we get this absolute slap-in-the-face main event.

The scary part is that WWE probably think this is their best. And I wonder if the Hot Topic sector of the fanbase that gush over The Fiend as the best thing since sliced bread might actually agree with them.

I figured we were getting a non-finish when the match was announced, and doubly so when they listed "DQ" as one of the options as to how the match could end in a Twitter poll - DQ in a Hell In A Cell match, fucking state of it. Real dying days of WCW vibes. Glad I watched King of Trios last night instead of this!

It's probably one of the most infuriating things about WWE booking - booking matches where neither wrestler can "afford to lose" (because WWE have always been useless at managing to make someone look good in defeat; you can count the examples of them managing it one hand)- so the only way they can come up with to "protect" both men is to book a clusterfuck non-finish that does no favours to anyone. If neither can afford to lose, don't book the fucking match.

• Paid Members

There was no need for this to happen inside hell in a call in the first place. Why not have just had whatever last month's title match was be so wild and out of control that there's no choice but to stick it inside a cell anyway? I'm sure plenty of people have said that once Hell In A Cell has become just another match in a feud then you've killed the gimmick. 

I wonder what Chris Nowinski's thoughts are on all those blows to the head and kerbstomps. 

4 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Apparently Vince was laughing off the fan reaction backstage, that is concerning that the old man is so delusional to dismiss that as nothing

Thing is though, it is nothing. 

Everyone moaning online, everyone booing last night and everyone chanting "AEW!!11" will still be watching Raw tonight, they will still be subscribing to the WWE network, they will still go and watch a live event when they are in there town, so Vince can be as "delusional" as he likes.

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There was no need for this to happen inside hell in a call in the first place. Why not have just had whatever last month's title match was be so wild and out of control that there's no choice but to stick it inside a cell anyway?

If the goal is to avoid people moaning on the internet, that plan wouldn’t have worked. People would’ve cried at the non-finish last month and cried again at Braun losing last night.

As far as alternatives to booking Rollins vs Wyatt at all for this PPV, there aren’t many... Rollins vs AJ Styles, maybe. 

4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Everyone moaning online, everyone booing last night and everyone chanting "AEW!!11" will still be watching Raw tonight, they will still be subscribing to the WWE network, they will still go and watch a live event when they are in there town, so Vince can be as "delusional" as he likes.

100% Correct.

Vince will only shit himself when fans vote with their feet and it starts to hurt him in the pocket. 

They've proven they won't. The product still gets eyes on it, therefore advertisers still want in and the networks will shell out vast sums. At the same time fans will continue to pay $120 a year for the network and will shill out on merch etc. Frankly, why on earth would Vince charge tact? 

Edited by AVM

2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

That’s true, dem wanz are like an abusive relationship, you know you should walk away for good but can’t force yourself to leave

What they don’t get is there’s so many alternatives if they hate the main roster that much, NXT is the best thing about the company, NXT UK is so so but still better than most of the matches you see weekly, AEW is the fresh new kid on the block, NWA has a weekly TV show debuting online tomorrow, Impact is on TV and Twitch and will be moving to a wider audience network next month, NJPW is there to see something completely different to what you’re used to, hell as bad as it’s been, ROH is still around as well