WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

If the goal is to avoid people moaning on the internet, that plan wouldn’t have worked. People would’ve cried at the non-finish last month and cried again at Braun losing last night.

As far as alternatives to booking Rollins vs Wyatt at all for this PPV, there aren’t many... Rollins vs AJ Styles, maybe. 

If we're inside the hell in a cell, then Rollins has weapons etc at his disposal to overcome the challenge of Strowman's power. I'm surprised last month Heyman didn't suggest they do the old Bam Bam/Taz slam him through the ring no finish gimmick for last month, then escalate things through the month to the point where you have to have the match in hell in a cell.

If Rollins was the heel you'd be able to have him keep running from big strong baby face Braun and taking intentional DQ/count out losses to retain the title. It books itself, but the first defence against a new challenger? 

What really bothered me was you could see clearly Bray was protecting himself by moving the stuff on top of him to less-in the impact and cushion the blow he even pushed the ladder up with his hands so it was off his face. Just makes it look fake.

It's like when someone goes for a Irish whip and they give their hand to the person doing it. Why would you allow someone to throw you by giving them your hand? It's the little things they don't think about that bugs me.

They tried for a Halloween/Michael Myers type finish throw everything at them and they still manage to get back up but for me it's still just Bray Wyatt in a mask. There's no mystery to the gimmick. Is there room in wrestling for the cartoon gimmicks still? Clearly not.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, AVM said:

Vince will only shit himself when fans vote with their feet and it starts to hurt him in the pocket.

He won't because they have. Every measurable statistic of "fan base" is down. It doesn't matter while the brand is so valuable. They get record TV revenue, consistent revenue from the network and billion of socal media interactions. It doesn't matter if Raw ratings keep dropping or Smackdown tapings are half tarped off. I don't know when it would ever matter now.

6 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

What really bothered me was you could see clearly Bray was protecting himself by moving the stuff on top of him to less-in the impact and cushion the blow he even pushed the ladder up with his hands so it was off his face. Just makes it look fake.

Agreed, he definitely should have just taken the full impact of each and every weapon shot to to the head!  Cannot stand it when WRESTLING looks FAKE!

Edited by Bohan

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

They tried for a Halloween/Michael Myers type finish throw everything at them and they still manage to get back up but for me it's still just Bray Wyatt in a mask. There's no mystery to the gimmick. Is there room in wrestling for the cartoon gimmicks still? Clearly not.

The disappointment is such because people were completely into Bray Wyatt and his "cartoon" gimmick. So yes, there's lots and lots of room.

3 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Was just about to share. Utterley fantastic that the official WWE watch along crew are confused and having the ending shat upon.

X-Pac verbalised it but they all thought it. Look at Cathy Kelley’s very telling raise of the eyebrows when he said what he said...

... but she values her job.

I think you could get away with tone deaf booking and continuity by Alzheimer when there was no decent alternative, though as @tiger_rick said, they have demonstrably run people off by doing this. All AEW has to do to make the most of the situation is not book like Vince. 

Graves's tweet is incredible really, tacitly acknowledging that the finish was shite but that nothing that happened in a PPV main event matters because draft. Yet somehow its the fans fault for complaining because they don't understand WWE logic. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, hallicks said:

All AEW has to do to make the most of the situation is not book like Vince. 

I think one of the interesting things around AEW is that they probably can get away with booking like Vince in the short-term, because they still have enough audience goodwill that a weird decision would make people think either, "let's wait and see where they go with this", or that it's a mistake honestly made, that they can learn from.

WWE seems so obviously contemptuous of its audience, and every decision so cynically motivated, that when their booking is bad, no one's saying, "that's a mistake, I wonder how they resolve it". They're second-guessing the reason for it - maybe it's because of the move to FOX, maybe the Saudi Royal Family have demanded a certain match, or it's because this person's contract is up in three months...it's barely ever even a question of dissecting the booking itself any more, but just the corporate decisions underpinning it.