WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He's never booked a main event ending this stupid before so I reckon it's fair for most fans to assume it was the work of the people who have booked all the other fucking idiotic endings of the past 10 years.

Wasn’t concrete crypt heyman era smackdown?

3 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Kairi Sane a heel. Christ.

She done a good job I thought, the eye poke whilst she was walking the plank was gold.

I just don’t understand why they started the match as heels, have I missed something?  Did they turn recently?  If not it’s baffling.

Kairi should never be a heel though, she is an amazing face when she gets the chance to be.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

9 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Heyman stopped booking Smackdown in 2003, that happened in 2004

Was it Steph that took over at that point? 

Dave Lagana took over after Heyman. Stephanie was the level above them, like HHH now.

Edited by King Pitcos

I get that they kind of booked themselves in a corner by neither guy can afford to take the loss, but they could have got around it in a much better way. Especially as one of the guys is The Fiend.

When they have supernatural characters, very often they have the lights go out and when they come back on, they're in the ring. You don't really see it happen the other way around.

They could have done that with The Fiend. Have the lights flicker a bunch of times during the match, throwing Rollins off. Then at one point the lights just go out, and when they come back on The Fiend is gone and Seth is out cold, slumped up against the turnbuckle with the severed Wyatt head (or even a Rollins head) on his lap. Refs panicking to unlock the cell and help Seth, confused as to how Wyatt disappeared. 

Loads of possible ways of ending the match that isn't a fucking DQ in the Hell In A Cell.

Kairi will probably do well as a heel, I'm more baffled that they decided to turn one of the most likeable people on the roster.

Then again if Asuka's last title reign is anything to go by though, they'll probably do fuck all for a month before dropping the belts on a random TV episode.

Edited by The King Of Swing

That has to be one of the worst things I've ever seen. Not one person had the balls to stand up and say "no, don't do it, it's a really bad idea". Long-haired Ziggler fan in the front row wearing a hot pink vest, just appalling. The main event sucked too.

• Awards Moderator

I think the real highlight of the show has been forgotten because of the main event. Ali hitting the 450 on to nothing because Orton moved out of the way a week last Tuesday was amazing. Actual belly laugh.

But seriously, how can they provide a visual like this and have it end up as such a shitshow?

EC7722D4-1B9D-487F-BDF3-02D82744E0B5.thumb.jpeg.ee512480965237e0dfb69559713dedf3.jpeg

That should have been it. Fiend murders him, stands over his cold, limp body then gets the pin. How they went from that to the finish is why people hardly give a shit. Shambles.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Assuming that they didn't suggest it themselves, the fact that neither one of Rollins or Wyatt had either the bollocks, the nouse or the clout to veto the proposal for the final stretch of that match makes me fucking despair.

I expect better from Wyatt, he's clearly a creative guy. You'd think that even if he didn't want to come across as being difficult whilst getting the big push that he could have found a way to avoid that shit show.

I get the impression Rollins just has nothing going on between the ears. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I expect better from Wyatt, he's clearly a creative guy. You'd think that even if he didn't want to come across as being difficult whilst getting the big push that he could have found a way to avoid that shit show.

It's worth remembering some of the absolute cock cheese he's been involved in over the years. Whether it be demonic kids doing a song at John Cena or worms getting projected on a canvas.

Edited by ColinBollocks

On paper it isn’t the worst way out of the match. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was Heyman’s call. I hope it was to see the cognitive dissonance on Reddit.

In practice, I don’t think they actually called it a DQ did they? Seemed more like a stoppage for the good of Wyatt’s health. The multiple curb stomps went against years of it being among the most protected in the company. You can see what they were going for but in practice it just shattered any disbelief the viewer might’ve had going to that point. And Wyatt looked an idiot for apparently pretending to be injured until such a time as he could no longer win the belt. I get that The Fiend isn’t interested in being champion, it would seem. But if that’s the case why is he even a wrestler?

Just too many head scratching elements piled on top of eachother, coupled with Rollins being among the least convincing actors they’ve got and it being a time of fairly peak fan cynicism. A big bollock dropped.

• Paid Members

Amazingly, in retrospect, Finn Balor showing up as The Demon to distract Bray wouldn’t have been that bad. It would’ve still Ryback’d Bray, sure, but it wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near the negative reaction this got. They managed to Ryback the whole company! 

As the show went off the air all I could think about were those Jon Moxley podcasts. He couldn’t have explained it better. A dream roster filled with the most athletic, talented, creative guys on the planet, but where the buck stops with a senile, clueless old man who has absolutely no read on his fanbase and doesn’t even realise when he’s onto something hot.

It’s almost fitting the one guy who tried to be the company man and publicly went after Moxley - Seth Rollins - is now the one drowning in this shit.

"Ambrose can do what he wants. He's a big boy, he's got his big boy pants on. He can go out there and say whatever he wants, but the bottom line is not everybody's equipped to handle the rigors of WWE and the schedule and how it affects you mentally and emotionally. 

And Ambrose gave everything he had to the company for the entire time he was here. He put his heart and soul into the travel, into the schedule, into the injuries, into the work in the ring and all that stuff. But at the end of the day, he took his ball and he went home, or he went elsewhere at least. And I think it's a little presumptuous of him to get on a podcast and talk down about the company that gave him such an opportunity."

30F37773-BB03-4EB9-893B-C274DDFC1433.gif.8996a3cc9ff6302f6845bc7c5bc88c57.gif

Edited by Supremo