WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Moves and flips is all he's ever had.

It's a shame all anyone will remember of this is the main event shite, because Becky and Sasha had an absolute stormer. Becky needs to teach Seth how to work.

Agreed. No matter how Sasha handled herself in the immediate aftermath of Wrestlemania and all the stick she got for it, no one can question her ability in the ring. Last night was a phenomenal effort by both her and Lynch. It was the first HIAC since HHH/Taker that I've enjoyed and their innovation was an added bonus. It reminded me of why there was all the hype around Sasha in NXT and when she got called up - when she's on she's as good as anyone.

Sadly as predicted the headline from the night was absolutely shocking booking that killed months of Bray Wyatt's work. 

Yes, I'm ready for green mist heel Asuka. I'd almost forgotten how great she is. It'll always kill me how underutilized she is on this roster, she's charismatic as fuck and more over than any of the women not named Becky. Put them tag titles in the bin and draft her back to NXT please.

The show peaked early with Sasha/Becky, which was great fun and one of the better cell matches I've seen in ages. They beat the shit out of each other and managed to make fresh use of all the usual plunder. That meteor thing through the table looked awesome. Banks' return has injected life into Becky and the women's division, so it's a shame to see her and Bayley get so thoroughly beaten over the last few weeks. The division still feels like its Becky and Charlotte and an assortment of chumps. Get Rhia Ripley up already.

Enjoyed the Roman/Bryan tag too. I hope they move on from this story and pretend like it never happened because I've never given less of a shit about these two. Poor Roman barely gets any reaction these days. Good to see Eric Rowan start to put all the pieces together.

Couldn't be arsed with the rest of it. The main event fuck finish you could see coming from a mile away. Poor Bray puts in all that good creative work only to see it flushed down the toilet again. It's funny watching all the boneheaded ways they try to squirm their way out of a definitive finish. It's like they're terrified at the thought of any of the full time roster coming across as transcendent stars. They fucked it. This shouldn't have been much different to the Balor squash. The crowd were red hot to start with but the more it became clear that Rollins was going to get his shit-in the more agitated they become. Completely disagree that this doesn't hurt The Fiend. The allure had long gone before they even brought out that bloody gurney for him, and him waiting until the bell had rung to sit up and hit the mandible claw made him look a right idiot. It's over. Once again he couldn't get the job done. Same old Bray Wyatt.

The worrying thing is I don't see who the credible main event guys are supposed to be going forward. Seth is a joke. Kofi got what he deserved. Braun is the Big Show. Roman is cold as ice. The pudgy MMA dude only in it for Saudi. I don't see who is next to rise up. Might as well build around Goldberg.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I'm in the extreme minority when I say that I think what they were trying to in principle was actually ok. Protect the face champion that you're desperately trying to build. Protect the hot new psychopath character that everyone is getting behind. Also have the face champion do something horrific due to the psychological effect Wyatt has had on them attacking them the last few weeks and now seeminy unbeatable after kicking out of more curb stomos than it took to put Lesnar down. In principle that only furthers the whole Fiend character and the effect he has on opponents/people that he can drive them to dark places they never imagined they were capable. For me the massive issue is that it needed someone of high popularity that people were happy to have as champion on the other side of it for it to have worked. The PPV as is most often the case was infront of what seemed all night to be a pretty "smart" crowd. Amongst those fans Rollins popularity as a face makes Reigns from a couple of years ago look like 80's Hogan. To have had any chance of it working they needed a popular whiter than white good guy drove to obsenity out of desperation not someone who is a tweener at absolute best and nobody who isn't a child or a teenage emo girl wants to see as champion. The execution from Rollins acting wise was absolutely atrocious as well. It's actually amazing just how bad he is at his job for someone who rates himself so highly. 

2 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I'm in the extreme minority when I say that I think what they were trying to in principle was actually ok. Protect the face champion that you're desperately trying to build. Protect the hot new psychopath character that everyone is getting behind. Also have the face champion do something horrific due to the psychological effect Wyatt has had on them attacking them the last few weeks and now seeminy unbeatable after kicking out of more curb stomos than it took to put Lesnar down. In principle that only furthers the whole Fiend character and the effect he has on opponents/people that he can drive them to dark places they never imagined they were capable. For me the massive issue is that it needed someone of high popularity that people were happy to have as champion on the other side of it for it to have worked. The PPV as is most often the case was infront of what seemed all night to be a pretty "smart" crowd. Amongst those fans Rollins popularity as a face makes Reigns from a couple of years ago look like 80's Hogan. To have had any chance of it working they needed a popular whiter than white good guy drove to obsenity out of desperation not someone who is a tweener at absolute best and nobody who isn't a child or a teenage emo girl wants to see as champion. The execution from Rollins acting wise was absolutely atrocious as well. It's actually amazing just how bad he is at his job for someone who rates himself so highly. 

Rollins was always massively popular with those same fans. His dogshit booking, terrible scripting and horrible feuds with people like Corbin have turned people. His twitter tantrums don’t help but it’s mainly the booking. Crying like a little girl because Matt Hardys tag team partner in a clown mask was looking at him could turn anyone. He’s obviously not the guy. But they’ve fucked him more than he’s fucked himself. 

I don't buy 

22 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I don't buy this at all. If you dont want your champion or hot heel to lose then dontt book the match!! Why can't they get people over in defeat? Rollins finish is fucked, he couldn't beat the guy w all that shit. Seriously 

• Paid Members

Does Bray taking more stomps than Lesnar and still kicking out not make Lesnar look like a bit of a loser as well? Maybe they're building to Bray Vs Lesnar where he uses his supernatural fiend powers to keep kicking out of F5s.