UFC 244: Masvidal vs Diaz - Nov 2 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Most people who watch it will not have heard of Mark Kerr beforehand, bet he'll get some dosh for it too.

Personally, as a MMA nerd, I would have preferred a biopic on Coleman. His career hasn't even been given the documentary treatment, and he arguably has a better story than Kerr. There was his bitter feud with Frye, his conman manager, his fall from grace in the UFC, and then his redemption in Pride.

However, the last I heard Kerr is still in a bad way. So aye, probably best he benefits. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jimufctna24 said:

Personally, as a MMA nerd, I would have preferred a biopic on Coleman. His career hasn't even been given the documentary treatment, and he arguably has a better story than Kerr. There was his bitter feud with Frye, his conman manager, his fall from grace in the UFC, and then his redemption in Pride.

However, the last I heard Kerr is still in a bad way. So aye, probably best he benefits. 

Plus his UFC return in 2009. I know it wasn’t a good run, with the mess of a Shogun fight and loss to Randy Couture but he did have that feel-good moment of beating Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100. 

I wonder who will play the younger Coleman in this Kerr movie. Surely he’ll feature in it as he was a big part of Kerr’s career. Bas too. 

58 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I wonder who will play the younger Coleman in this Kerr movie. Surely he’ll feature in it as he was a big part of Kerr’s career. Bas too. 

Scarlet Johansson will play both, and Gary Goodridge.

Nice earlier start times there. Really solid evening. ROH have got a show starting at 10, MLW have one kicking off at midnight and then the main card getting underway at 2 will be more than enough to keep me occupied for the night.

Some quick predictions:

Diaz by decision, Gastelum via KO, Thompson via decision, Ivanov vs decision, Gillespie via submission and Walker via KO.

Edited by AdamTH17

I stayed up and watched this live and I really enjoyed everything about this show (bar maybe the end ) I would strongly argue this was the best UFC event of this year.

It had literally everything you want from a UFC show from 3 round utter wars too some of the most brutal knock outs I have seen in a long time like it's said above that Lee knock out was the most horrible kicks to the head in the UFC history.

I think wonderboy put on one of the most incredible fights I've seen in the octagon for a good while.

The main event is a really unfortunate one you had both men go in there with the biggest point to prove and something I think sunk abit deeper and more personal for both the men when it came to basically being crowned the biggest and most dangerous fighter in the UFC right now and I don't see the end result going any other way but the way the fight ended really took everything away for the crowd in attendance and that is the most unfortunate thing about it all because no matter what they didn't deserve to be booed because they both went in there and fucking gave everything for those fans.

Post fight press conference was extremely interesting and I would suggest everyone go check it out 

Just flicked through the main card:

- I really enjoyed the main event while it lasted. Masvidal dominated the early rounds more than I expected him to. The finish was really anti-climatic. It would have been interesting to see if Diaz's conditioning would have paid dividends in the final two rounds. 

- The BMF theme did little for me personally, but I have to say the UFC did an excellent job with it. The show's opening video package, the additions of Rock and Duran, etc, all worked well. 

- The first two rounds of Lewis and Ivanov were bags of fun. Yes, it wasn't a technical masterclass, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying an unrefined heavyweight brawl once in a while. 

- It was a shame that Walker lost. Apparently, he was hospitalised with illness last weekend. Still, I think most of us knew that he would get tripped up sooner rather than later. I assume Jones will fight Reyes next, with Anderson in line to fight the winner. 

Edited by jimufctna24