I'm too old for this

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

What do you do that you're too old for? Apart from watch wrestling, obvs.

I still avoid the cracks in the pavement when I walk. Do it out of habit. Ridiculous but I find myself doing it without even thinking about it. Then wonder why. then do it anyway.

I run up stairs too. Always have. Comes from racing my brothers as kids and I just see it as a challenge these days to prove I'm not past it!

I don't walk over 3 drains in a row. Started in school, still do it. 

If I'm having trouble falling asleep, thinking of wrestling always helps me nod off. Not sure if that says more about the current product though.

If I'm walking past to overtake someone I imagine I'm in an F1 style slipstream and make a move past them.

Blimey, I didn't realise how sad I was until I typed that out. 

• Paid Members

Go to techno gigs and DJ on occasion, but there's an awful lot of cunts who frequent these gigs that are much older than me too, so when there, I don't feel that bad.

As one lass said in the smoking area last time "Because I'm in my 30's am I supposed to just suddenly hate this music and atmosphere, and start listening to fucking Mumford and Sons?".

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Watching coming of age movies. Lady Bird, The Edge of Seventeen, Eighth Grade etc are some of the best films released in recent years but there's always that feeling that they're really not made for me.

Interesting well crafted art is interesting well crafted art though. You don't have to relate to it necessarily.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Interesting well crafted art is interesting well crafted art though. You don't have to relate to it necessarily.

It's a fair point but I still felt fairly self-aware seeing them all (and Booksmart) on my own at the cinema. All great films though.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I've just remembered that I was afraid I'd be beaten and dragged through the streets of Croydon for being in a screening of Missing Link during half term, so as you were. 

It would have been worth it, Missing Link was great.

• Paid Members

Answering the phone. God bless texting because there is always a feeling of anxiety whenever I hear my phone going.

With regards to feeling self conscious at going to films, my half brother has proven my Dad's middle-aged mistake was my gain, as I can now safely go to a Pixar or kid film and scoff at all the weirdos there without kids.

Edited by ColinBollocks

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

What do you do that you're too old for? Apart from watch wrestling, obvs.

I still avoid the cracks in the pavement when I walk. Do it out of habit. Ridiculous but I find myself doing it without even thinking about it. Then wonder why. then do it anyway.

I run up stairs too. Always have. Comes from racing my brothers as kids and I just see it as a challenge these days to prove I'm not past it!

I didn't even notice that I ran up stairs until someone pointed it out to me a few years ago. Still do it, walking up them seems to be more painful for my knees. 

• Paid Members

I'am 36 and audibly say 'Wwweeeeeeee' when I go round roundabouts. I'm always in the passenger seat as I don't drive. I've had a mixture of confused looks from drivers over time.