I'm too old for this

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I do that with pretty much any animal, it's funny how many owners look pissed when I say hello to their dogs.

90% of my messenger chats with my girlfriend are "here are some dogs I've seen". I'll always say good morning/afternoon/evening to a cat, and apologise to a snail if I stand on one.

Almost all other animals will get a, "get a load of this guy!" or "look at this idiot".

48 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Any examples? Preferably ones where I don't need to watch strategy guides on YouTube and also not have to read the instructions.

If you liked Limbo then I'd expect you would like Inside from the same team.

What Remains of Edith Finch, SUPERHOT, Firewatch, Little Nightmares, The Turing Test and Tacoma are all good and you can finish them in a few hours. 

Things like Slay the Spire, Trials Rising and Dauntless are good, quick blast games.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

20 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Probably playing football manager in my 30's instead of maybe getting a life. 

I still play FM07 the odd time, I've a Crewe save from started in 2011 that I still dip into, have them in the PL & UEFA cup. I've tried the newer games but there's far too much going on for my liking!

• Paid Members

Every FM from 2011 is installed on my computer via Steam and I've got virtual PC software installed solely for the purpose of playing older ones, going back to Championship Manager 2. I don't really have the time to play them much these days, but I love picking up the older ones and remembering what formations work on which iteration. I've got a save with Sutton Utd on FM2012 that's in about 2043, they're the biggest team in Europe and the stadium is named after a Polish regen striker. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

90% of my messenger chats with my girlfriend are "here are some dogs I've seen". I'll always say good morning/afternoon/evening to a cat, and apologise to a snail if I stand on one.

Almost all other animals will get a, "get a load of this guy!" or "look at this idiot".

Someone on twitter made the point that 90% of adult relationships are pointing out dogs to each other.

My girlfriend and I have an understanding that I will keep her updated on the dog situation if I'm in our local pub and she's not there yet. 

• Paid Members

Chalk me up for gaming. Gone are the days when I could plough 5-6 hours a day into something and still manage to fit sleep and work around it. I was off sick for an extended period last year and started playing Skyrim, but went back to work and didn't have that same kind of leisure time. I'm on Forza Horizon 3 at the moment, which isn't too bad because I can hop on for a quick hour or a couple of races here and there. I also occasionally find an hour to shoehorn in a bash at survival mode or one of the arcade ladders on Street Fighter 5. The most in depth I am with anything RPG feeling is that I'm about to start the trek up to Victory Road and the Unova Pokémon League in White. 

12 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I'm just surprised Loki said gaming as opposed to Maebe Funke. Not that surprised though. 

She's too old for me, Butch.

I like the idea of gaming, it's just not having the time or energy.  I'm more interested in watching films or tv passively than playing games actively.  And the idea of staying up till 1 in the morning playing games is just long gone... ALTHOUGH I reckon a good online shooter still gets me going - maybe the new Call Of Duty will entice me back into both buying another Xbox and late night gaming generally.

17 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Chalk me up for gaming. Gone are the days when I could plough 5-6 hours a day into something and still manage to fit sleep and work around it. I was off sick for an extended period last year and started playing Skyrim, but went back to work and didn't have that same kind of leisure time. I'm on Forza Horizon 3 at the moment, which isn't too bad because I can hop on for a quick hour or a couple of races here and there. I also occasionally find an hour to shoehorn in a bash at survival mode or one of the arcade ladders on Street Fighter 5. The most in depth I am with anything RPG feeling is that I'm about to start the trek up to Victory Road and the Unova Pokémon League in White. 

I've been trying out some of the Pokemon rom hacks in recent months a great way to get through them is to use Visualboy Advance's speed up button which I fix to the spacebar and just plough through everything at high speed. 

• Paid Members

Giving people nicknames, shortening names and calling people by they’re second name. I don’t think I call anyone by there normal first name. I have to get the name down to one syllable, if that doesn’t work I’ll give them a nickname that I can shorten. 

My other half’s first name doesn’t shorten very well, but her middle name is Jane. I have so many nicknames based on this, from a simple “J” all the way up to ”Janatony Yeboah”

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

I've been trying out some of the Pokemon rom hacks in recent months a great way to get through them is to use Visualboy Advance's speed up button which I fix to the spacebar and just plough through everything at high speed. 

I've watched some. Toomany are just randomisers with ridiculously overlevelled enemies. Ilike theones that let you stick an alternate starter in then just play the game as Normal. When I get to White 2 I've seen you can catch a Pyduck really early on so I'm probably going to stick my starter away and finally do a Pokemon game with him as my starter. I'llprobably try and trade myself an everstone so I don't have to deal with Golduck.