Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
6 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

So either it's the first match on TBS (though I wouldn't be surprised if we get Cody/Sammy to mirror the first match on TNT) or they hold it off for Revolution for the rematch, which is still 11 weeks away. Obviously they could throw it on any episode of Dynamite really but other than the TBS debut they don't have any "big" Dynamite episodes coming up.

And if it's not Danielson challenging Page for the title at Battle of the Belts, who is?

Cody v. Sammy is happening on next week's Rampage, which will air on Christmas Day. TNT in the US have a marathon tradition of showing 'A Christmas Story' from Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. Rampage has been switched to Saturday 9pm EST.

As for who might challenge at Battle of the Belts, not a clue but with it only being a one hour show I don't think it needs to be the biggest star. It seems like Hangman v. Danielson might be simmer in the background into Revolution.

Posted
17 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Dunno pal, I repeatedly referred to them as personal opinions and referenced them as perhaps not being popular.

Youve immediately jumped on it and called it ‘toxic shit’.

Maybe you’re the problem. Maybe you could just debate and discuss without being a mean spirited dickhead.

But, yeah, ill just shut up. 

 

While I’m not your pal, buddy, I didn’t call you a dickhead or any names so it’s not me who has the issue with debating or discussing. Don’t take shit so personally, it’s only the internet 

 

Posted (edited)

double post 

Edited by Louch
Posted
6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

spacer.png

I could only imagine Scorpio being thrown in and getting beat out of those, but isn't he meant to be going for the TNT title?

Don't the rankings get reset at the turn of the year or have I got that arse above tit? If they do I suppose they could justifiably give it to anyone who wins on the opening episodes of Dynamite or Rampage in 2022. 

 

14 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Cody v. Sammy is happening on next week's Rampage, which will air on Christmas Day. TNT in the US have a marathon tradition of showing 'A Christmas Story' from Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. Rampage has been switched to Saturday 9pm EST.

As for who might challenge at Battle of the Belts, not a clue but with it only being a one hour show I don't think it needs to be the biggest star. It seems like Hangman v. Danielson might be simmer in the background into Revolution.

Is Cody/Sammy deffo happening on Crimbo? I seen it rumoured but hadn't heard it confirmed. Even if it is, I'm that skeptical of Cody now that I still wouldn't be surprised by Cody/Sammy again opening TBS. Or at least Cody v someone.

Agree with you on Battle of the Belts though. If it is going to be an hour long show then it doesn't need to be the biggest name challenging Hangman but I would say he needs a decisive victory whoever it is he faces.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Don't the rankings get reset at the turn of the year or have I got that arse above tit? If they do I suppose they could justifiably give it to anyone who wins on the opening episodes of Dynamite or Rampage in 2022. 

 

Is Cody/Sammy deffo happening on Crimbo? I seen it rumoured but hadn't heard it confirmed. Even if it is, I'm that skeptical of Cody now that I still wouldn't be surprised by Cody/Sammy again opening TBS. Or at least Cody v someone.

Agree with you on Battle of the Belts though. If it is going to be an hour long show then it doesn't need to be the biggest name challenging Hangman but I would say he needs a decisive victory whoever it is he faces.

Cody did come out and say that Christmas Day is booked in challening him. At the time I thought it was a flub on his part as I was expecting Rampage to be on Xmas Eve. That's not the case.

TK is saying Danielson is still the no.1 Contender. I could see the idea of Danielson ducking Hangman continue and let it slide into the background. Maybe the Owen Hart Cup could be a distraction for him as i'm not sure why they announce where the Finals will be unless its sometime in the next 3 months.

4 matches in an hour expected for Battle of the Belts. I could see the World Title match being the one that goes well under 10 to allow the other matches time. Actually you know what. Have Hangman v. Danielson go on last to a TV time limit draw and see everyone's heads explode

Edited by Infinity Land
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Louch said:

While I’m not your pal, buddy, I didn’t call you a dickhead or any names so it’s not me who has the issue with debating or discussing. Don’t take shit so personally, it’s only the internet 

 

Nah, but what you did do was cast the debate into the realms of ‘god, you just don’t get AEW. This is why we left WWE in the first place.’

I personally find THAT attitude really unfortunate.

Wrestling is wrestling is wrestling. I love it, I always have. I love watching AEW now, I used to love WWE (and probably will again), I loved Impact once, I loved Ring of Honor before that.

I’ll happily debate with anyone as to why they do buy it. I’d love to be won around. But I won’t have that the reason I don’t get it is because of some weird ‘toxic’ attribute or because I’m not part of the in-crowd.

That’s bollocks, partisan nonsense.

We’re already a bunch of weirdos for liking wrestling, it’s a shame we have to turn to infighting because we don’t like the right kind.

I still want Daniel Bryan Danielson to win the world title though. Just to end on the positive note I started on… he is SU. PERB. On an absolute other level right now.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
Posted

I didn’t even quote you in that first post. So if you thought reading it I’m talking about you, that’s on you. Enjoy your evening, I’m watching a fantastic hour long title match and having a Great night. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm pretty sure Cody said he's wrestling Sammy for the TNT title on Christmas Day, Scorpio Sky Vs Page could be a good way of getting him an impressive win, especially if Etan Page and Dan Lambert are ringside to give him more odds to overcome. Maybe Danielson comes and helps Hangman because he wants to take the title off of him? You could sick Sammy in thee with almost anybody, get an ex ROH guy in for the night toanswer the open challenge, have Daniel Garcia challenge him so we can get Santana & Ortiz, and 2.0 involved? There are options there, especially with a roster the size of AEW's.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Noting that Hangman feels like a spare part who’s been completely dwarfed by Danielson isn’t toxic, nor does it have any thing to do with WWE. Anyone with eyes and ears and any sense of this business would say the same thing. If anything is toxic or tribal it’s to blindly pretend it’s not happening because tHiS iSn’T WWE! or because Danielson “only appeals to hardcore fans,” (LOL).

The facts are that Hangman Adam Page was the most interesting character in the business, in the most exciting story of all time, and then he won the belt and did fuck all for over a month. Meanwhile, his adversary called his shot week after week, wrestled on every show in kickass matches and beat the fuck out of everyone in a wildly entertaining fashion. If you didn’t know better and Bryan wasn’t such a world class dickhead you’d think the plan was to make Danielson the bigger babyface of the two of them. I want Hangman to be the biggest, most successful champion they’ve had. I lived and died with that man for two years and legitimately cried when he raised the belt. I want him to be the biggest success story of all time. But it’s not going to happen the way things are going. He needs to be running through people and downing beers right now. Not scraping draws and watching from the ramp as the bad guy does all the cool stuff.

Edited by Supremo
Posted

I agree with you about most things, Supremo, but I'm not sure about this.  I can't see anything babyface about Danielson at the moment, and I don't get this sudden backlash against Hangman.  He's a sympathetic, struggling babyface getting bullied by heels but coming through anyway, it's a very old, safe format.

If there's one thing that AEW has earned over the last few years from its fans, it's for us to let them tell longer stories over months, not days or weeks.  This was his FIRST title defence.  And he hung with Danielson, took all his offence and was seconds away from a win.

I admit I don't watch every show, and don't keep up with all the ins and outs, but Hangman Page has always felt like a homegrown star that they've been fully behind, and putting the title on him feels like a continuation of that belief and support.  I'm fine with them turning all their WWE acquisitions heel (and lets' be honest, that's where Punk is headed) and using them to build their top face up.  He doesn't need clean wins, he needs gutsy survivals against the odds.

Posted

If AEW are doing what I think they are, we're seeing the champion proving he deserves to be the champion after winning the belt, where historically a face winning the belt has been the ending itself, the moment the face proved he deserved it. It's a dangerous play, doing something like this after decades of audience indoctrination. If Page had spent his first post-championship win matches battling lower-carders, that would have only given his heel challenger more ammo to say he doesn't deserve the belt, that he's avoiding the best. Instead, he accepted the heel's challenge from the off. The Dark Order stood between them, and each one of them tried to stand against Danielson on his own, showing the growth of the group. Page only ran out when Danielson went to attack an unconscious, defenceless John Silver. THAT was what pushed Page over the edge and gave him the fire up his ass to take Danielson to the limit. He's a soft spoken, smart and sensitive guy, who supports the decisions of his friends like they did him, but if you put the people he loves in danger, he will fight you and won't quit fighting until he has you beat. And make no mistake, Page had Danielson beat. Bryan was saved by the bell.

They just need to be sure, when they recap it, that they skip the random no-contact stip that muddied things for a week, and edit out Doc Sampson offering a kwispy beverage to a bleeding man.

  • Members
Posted

That match was fantastic. I genuinely believe that Bryan might be the greatest wrestler of all time (sorry Bret, please forgive me, I love you)

One thought I did have watching it: Could Bryan's 'heel' character be put on (in kayfabe)? As in, he wants Page to succeed, and knows hes the biggest face, so by being such a shit, hes allowing Page to be the greatest face he can be?

Or is he just really the greatest and can be an incredible face or heel depending on what he wants to do this year?

Honestly, what a fucking wrestler.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...