The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

They’re a victim of their own success, I think.

When you’ve delivered shows as good as they have, it sets a huge standard that’s probably impossible to meet without a real crowd. Nothing was bad, and I’m far more excited for an empty-arena Pay Per View then I ever expected I would be, but everything’s going to feel disappointing when you’ve had previous PPV angles like the Mox/Jericho weigh in and the Cody/MJF whipping.

What do we reckon the chances are that they close the PPV with Mox and Brodie Lee? Surely they’d be mad to do that?

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

What do we reckon the chances are that they close the PPV with Mox and Brodie Lee? Surely they’d be mad to do that?

Title match should always go last. Not like they have to worry about a main event having a deflated crowd. If they keep Mox/Lee from going too long and some mad spots of Putties getting fucked up then it’ll be fine last.

It might be JR just being old, but I’m sure at one point he said that the “rings” would be in the middle of the pitch. Wonder if there will be a double ring for this and it will be replacing the blood and guts match. 

• Paid Members

If the title match is going on last they better have Rusev ready to come out at the end or something. I love Mox, and Brodie has improved massively since dropping the majority of the Vince stuff, but that doesn't feel like a main event at all.

They still have one space in the ladder match which hopefully goes to Rusev. As much as I would like him to show up at the end they have already done the ending of a former WWE guy showing up by surprise. Although if it is Rusev I doubt anyone would care that they have already done it before 

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

If the title match is going on last they better have Rusev ready to come out at the end or something. I love Mox, and Brodie has improved massively since dropping the majority of the Vince stuff, but that doesn't feel like a main event at all.

Did I mishear or did one of the commentators actually say "the main event of Double or Nothing" when referring to the world title match? 

Wonder if Jake and Arn will get it on at DON!

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

They definitely referred to it as the main event, although it's upper mid at best. I hope this Brodie Lee rubbish is meant as a placeholder feud for Moxley before the crowds come back and isnt the original plan for him. They're really dragging him down with this shite.

It didn't really achieve anything but I think I liked that Jake/Arn segment more than most. I mean, it's Arn Anderson and Jake Roberts! Two of the best talkers in the game. And I dug it being off the cuff and a bit all over the place. It was easily the best, most engaging thing on the show, with a shit load of tension close to boiling over. Where the hell was Cody?

Don't like Orange Cassidy in empty arenas. Keep him special! If anyone should have a Brock Lesnar schedule, it's him.

Hopefully Britt Baker's injury isn't serious. They need a new approach to agenting these women's matches before someone gets fucked. This overly complex, Kenny Omega/NJPW move trading and clusterFuck booking just ain't sustainable. 

Popped big time for Page. He's a stud. Man can't do nothing wrong. 

I really, really fucking hate Jim Ross. It's like he's determined to suck any joy out of the show.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

I thought it was one of the weakest episodes of Dynamite ever until Adam Page turned up. I’m so glad that even without a crowd he still felt like a big deal and continued the brilliant act of showing up, smashing folks up, then ignoring everyone else and fucking off into the sunset. He’s the next big thing.

Sammy Guevara though. The success story of the year. Has there been a single AEW show where he hasn’t done something stupid or funny to set himself apart?

I've been really surprised at the reaction to last night's show, I thought it was excellent and one of the best empty arena episodes. 

The PAC promo was incredible, Sammy (as you've mentioned) was an absolute star once again, MJF was very entertaining and Roberts/Anderson was good too. Page/The Bucks returning at the end was the icing on the cake for me. 

Orange Cassidy was fun as usual, and I'm far more invested than I ever thought I would be in the guy getting a World Title shot at some point. Preferably when the crowds are back, the reaction would be off-the-charts, particularly if it's against a heel champion. 

• Paid Members

I liked it. Every week there seems to be at least one fucking brilliant moment. Page sprinting across an entire football field in cowboy boots to batter fools is lovely stuff. How far Page has come along is really impressive. A year ago he looked like a deer in headlights sometimes. Now he's the heir to Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The Mox/Brodie stuff is definitely a B feud rather than main event level but I've always liked a B feud to give a Champ a solid win on the way to their next big opponent. I enjoyed their segment well enough.

Loved Jake and Arn. Cody is really good at including loads of different elements to his big matches and I'm very intrigued to see where they go with the TNT title match.

All the vignettes were really good. Spears was interesting for the first time ever. Great to see Pac again.

I hope Fenix isn't dead. Hopefully Pentagon will be back soon.

Really excited for Saturdays show. Stadium Stampede is going to be so much fun.