The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

22 hours ago, Louch said:

New players tribune article from Amanda Huber about Brody and his illness. Proper had me bubbling up. Get yourself pals like Cody and Big E . 

Link

it’s a long read so make sure you have time 

Heartbreaking but thanks for sharing, I’m pleased I read it. Very honest and real account from Amanda, she’s been through so much but keeps on going. 

Kevin Owens has renewed with wwe, ending speculation of him moving to aew. Have to say I’m glad to hear that, didn’t feel at this stage he would bring anything fresh with him when he’s seemed happy at his level. Probably got a decent raise from dangling the carrot out. 

17 minutes ago, Louch said:

Kevin Owens has renewed with wwe, ending speculation of him moving to aew. Have to say I’m glad to hear that, didn’t feel at this stage he would bring anything fresh with him when he’s seemed happy at his level. Probably got a decent raise from dangling the carrot out. 

Money obviously isn’t everything, but you’ve got to imagine they’ve thrown him an absolute shitload at him to stop him going.

Any word on how long it’s for?

31 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Money obviously isn’t everything, but you’ve got to imagine they’ve thrown him an absolute shitload at him to stop him going.

Any word on how long it’s for?

I don't know shit, of course, but I wonder how confident WWE guys are now when choosing to re-sign for a bunch more money that they will actually see all that money and not be released for "budget cuts" in six months? If it were me, I'd be negotiating to try and get a no-cut contract with a smaller raise.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

I mentioned it the other day, but how much of a viable alternative is AEW for talent at the moment in time? A year ago, they were the go to place, but at the moment, since Danielson, Punk etc have come in, there are only so many spots. I thought Owens was an absolute dead cert to jump and a lot of the talent that were last released haven't showed up in AEW so it does make you wonder.

• Paid Members

I’m surprised by the Owens news, and selfishly I’m disappointed that a performer I enjoy is on a show as unwatchable as Raw, but good for him. They likely threw millions at him to stop him jumping. Some of the bumps that nutter takes for that company, he deserves to be swimming in money.

They're never going to explain Hunter handing him the Title, are they?

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

I thought Owens was an absolute dead cert to jump and a lot of the talent that were last released haven't showed up in AEW so it does make you wonder.

I'm not entirely sure who they've missed out on? Sticking to those that are outwith 90 days: 'The Titan' Adam Scherr, Windham Rotunda, and the IIconics. The Titan kinda showed how small he is in more ways than one turning up as EC3's muscle at Final Battle, the IIconics opted for Impact's Knockout Tag Title scene, and Rotunda we'll see about that one.

As talented as they maybe i'm not sure Buddy Matthews, Mercedes Martinez, and JONAH really move the needle.