All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

On 10/9/2021 at 10:14 PM, LCJ said:

Superb as always from Mr. Pie. He seems as disillusioned with the Labour Party as me. They’re letting the Tories get away with murder.

I saw Jonathan Pie at the Bloomsbury Theatre last week - second time I've seen him live. Great fun. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hilarious. Isn’t it great when you’re actually held accountable by people who are held accountable. 

Absolutely. That said, it would appear that it was because of Hancock's direct influence on what would have been his remit, rather than his UK "work", that affected it, according to this guy:

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Or just try and avoid LinkedIn where you can, as it's full of self-congratulating cunts. 

You are correct but some roles, like mine, get weird if you don't have it. Also, I've got my last two jobs via someone reaching out on LinkedIn.

I spend most of my time on the platform writing sarcastic responses to Tej Lalvani posts.

2 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

🙄

It reaches out it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out— One hundred and thirteen times a second, nothing answers and it reaches out. It is not conscious, though parts of it are. There are structures within it that were once separate organisms; aboriginal, evolved, and complex. It is designed to improvise, to use what is there and then move on. Good enough is good enough, and so the artifacts are ignored or adapted. The conscious parts try to make sense of the reaching out. Try to interpret it.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to express myself adequately so I'll preface this by saying that I think anyone (regardless of their politics) being murdered is a tragedy. 

The Speaker wrote an article calling for an end to the hatred aimed at MPs. He's argued that we should have a kinder political discourse. With all due respect to a man grieving for a colleague and friend, I think that's quite a troubling response.

The notion that we should stop being so hateful towards politicians ignores the fact that we're hateful towards everyone. It's not just politicians that face abuse and death threats. But politicians are uniquely placed in being able to take action to tackle the problem. And presenting it as an issue uniquely facing politicians furthers the divide between politicians and everyone else and likely does more damage than good.

We also can't ignore the role politicians and the media play in creating hateful discourse. We saw that with Jo Cox. Nothing has changed since then. 

We've also recently seen what's considered a "kinder" political discourse. The Speaker presides over a political conversation where you can lie but you can't accuse someone of being a liar. That conversation is as broken as the political conversation elsewhere.

But more importantly, the Speaker expects an entire culture shift in response to the death of one politician. And yes, I'm pro stopping unnecessary deaths as well. But how many people died as a result of this government's austerity measures? How many people died as a result of this government's response to Covid? And how much has politics changed as a result of those deaths? 

It's a terrible thing that happened. And I sympathise with MPs and their families. I don't think anyone should be scared for their life while going to work. This isn't the time for politicians to ask other people to be kinder, its the time for politicians to take responsibility. Its not the people who create threads entitled "Tories are cunts" that need to change, its the Tories that are cunts that need to change. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Vamp said:

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to express myself adequately so I'll preface this by saying that I think anyone (regardless of their politics) being murdered is a tragedy. 

The Speaker wrote an article calling for an end to the hatred aimed at MPs. He's argued that we should have a kinder political discourse. With all due respect to a man grieving for a colleague and friend, I think that's quite a troubling response.

The notion that we should stop being so hateful towards politicians ignores the fact that we're hateful towards everyone. It's not just politicians that face abuse and death threats. But politicians are uniquely placed in being able to take action to tackle the problem. And presenting it as an issue uniquely facing politicians furthers the divide between politicians and everyone else and likely does more damage than good.

We also can't ignore the role politicians and the media play in creating hateful discourse. We saw that with Jo Cox. Nothing has changed since then. 

We've also recently seen what's considered a "kinder" political discourse. The Speaker presides over a political conversation where you can lie but you can't accuse someone of being a liar. That conversation is as broken as the political conversation elsewhere.

But more importantly, the Speaker expects an entire culture shift in response to the death of one politician. And yes, I'm pro stopping unnecessary deaths as well. But how many people died as a result of this government's austerity measures? How many people died as a result of this government's response to Covid? And how much has politics changed as a result of those deaths? 

It's a terrible thing that happened. And I sympathise with MPs and their families. I don't think anyone should be scared for their life while going to work. This isn't the time for politicians to ask other people to be kinder, its the time for politicians to take responsibility. Its not the people who create threads entitled "Tories are cunts" that need to change, its the Tories that are cunts that need to change. 

Where were his pleas to respect the sanctity of life when the Home Secretary (int the very same week)is trying to get immunity for Border Force Officers who allow migrants to drown right in front of them? 
Snivelling cunts, the lot of them.

Murdering a guy in cold blood is, obviously, never acceptable though. 

Never mind rising murder rates in politicians what about that wage growth eh. People aren’t going to start being kinder to a bunch of people that have fed and fuelled off their nastiness for years to their own gain. They’ve fostered an environment where people being horrible to each other and being self serving has kept them in power.