All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LCJ said:

“I don’t read anything”. Says it all.

It says you can easily take a statement out of context and make it look like something else. The context was about what newspapers she reads. I don't read any fucking newspapers and it doesn't make me an uninformed idiot. That's the first I've ever seen of Marina Purkiss though I've heard the name before; she seems a bit of a knob.

As an aside though, Kath is definitely an idiot.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

The Jeremy Vine Show always books people they know will be like a red rag to a bull for the other side, and then he has the brass neck to be all "Tut-tut, let's not spoil the mood."

I realise the caller wasn't exactly up for a quiet considered debate but immediately using an aggressive tone responding to her means no that point will be heard.  Discussing calmly monetary influence across politics might encourage consideration or reflection (maybe? i'm possibly being a bit optimistic). Being angry or attacking others for their views basically ony serves to you feel good, it pretty much discourages change or progress

Although I'm pretty sure the Jeremy Vine show wants people to feel a mixture of self satisfaction and anger so that sort of "discourse" is perfect.

Edited by organizedkaos

• Paid Members

Shows like Vine's or Nicky Campbell's phone in on 5 Live are where the comments section of the Guardian do battle with the comments section of The Mail. Neither side is listening to the other, and neither side want a debate. Purkiss is there for the former and Widdecombe is there for the latter. Their roles are to goad the supporters of the other and agree with their own. It is what passes for political discourse these days. 

8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Shows like Vine's or Nicky Campbell's phone in on 5 Live are where the comments section of the Guardian do battle with the comments section of The Mail. Neither side is listening to the other, and neither side want a debate. Purkiss is there for the former and Widdecombe is there for the latter. Their roles are to goad the supporters of the other and agree with their own. It is what passes for political discourse these days. 

Gbeebies, which is on where I am currently, is very much the same. Except it’s either right or far right commentators with the hosts being leading with things like “What do you viewers think of this, I think it’s ridiculous but let’s hear your views”. 

I’ve told the telly to fuck off under my breath so many times. Some cunt called Patrick Christy or something can’t go 5 minutes without saying woke. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Discuss

Cunt. Or did this require further discussion? If so, she's a cunt because she said to a holocaust survivor she would not apologize for her rhetoric on immigration being in her views similar to how the Nazi party discussed the Jewish community during their reign. Frankly it is beyond insulting.