Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 27, 2023 Moderators Posted January 27, 2023 (edited) 1 hour ago, LCJ said: “I don’t read anything”. Says it all. It says you can easily take a statement out of context and make it look like something else. The context was about what newspapers she reads. I don't read any fucking newspapers and it doesn't make me an uninformed idiot. That's the first I've ever seen of Marina Purkiss though I've heard the name before; she seems a bit of a knob. As an aside though, Kath is definitely an idiot. Edited January 27, 2023 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Guest Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 The Jeremy Vine Show always books people they know will be like a red rag to a bull for the other side, and then he has the brass neck to be all "Tut-tut, let's not spoil the mood." Quote
LCJ Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 (edited) Marina Purkiss is sound. Kath is an idiot who like so many other people out there, treats politics like football. Edited January 27, 2023 by LCJ Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 27, 2023 Members Posted January 27, 2023 22 minutes ago, LCJ said: Marina Purkiss is sound. Kath is an idiot who like so many other people out there, treats politics like football. 19 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Big day for horny reply guys!!! Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: That's the first I've ever seen of Marina Purkiss though I've heard the name before; she seems a bit of a knob. This was a good one, in fairness. Quote
organizedkaos Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 (edited) I realise the caller wasn't exactly up for a quiet considered debate but immediately using an aggressive tone responding to her means no that point will be heard. Discussing calmly monetary influence across politics might encourage consideration or reflection (maybe? i'm possibly being a bit optimistic). Being angry or attacking others for their views basically ony serves to you feel good, it pretty much discourages change or progress Although I'm pretty sure the Jeremy Vine show wants people to feel a mixture of self satisfaction and anger so that sort of "discourse" is perfect. Edited January 27, 2023 by organizedkaos Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 27, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2023 Shows like Vine's or Nicky Campbell's phone in on 5 Live are where the comments section of the Guardian do battle with the comments section of The Mail. Neither side is listening to the other, and neither side want a debate. Purkiss is there for the former and Widdecombe is there for the latter. Their roles are to goad the supporters of the other and agree with their own. It is what passes for political discourse these days. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Shows like Vine's or Nicky Campbell's phone in on 5 Live are where the comments section of the Guardian do battle with the comments section of The Mail. Neither side is listening to the other, and neither side want a debate. Purkiss is there for the former and Widdecombe is there for the latter. Their roles are to goad the supporters of the other and agree with their own. It is what passes for political discourse these days. Gbeebies, which is on where I am currently, is very much the same. Except it’s either right or far right commentators with the hosts being leading with things like “What do you viewers think of this, I think it’s ridiculous but let’s hear your views”. I’ve told the telly to fuck off under my breath so many times. Some cunt called Patrick Christy or something can’t go 5 minutes without saying woke. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 27, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2023 I don't watch GB News. The tablet I'm taking for high blood pressure is already at the maximum. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 27, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2023 5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Discuss Cunt. Or did this require further discussion? If so, she's a cunt because she said to a holocaust survivor she would not apologize for her rhetoric on immigration being in her views similar to how the Nazi party discussed the Jewish community during their reign. Frankly it is beyond insulting. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 27, 2023 Moderators Posted January 27, 2023 18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Discuss You fucking discuss it. I fucking hate one word posts with a link and 'discuss'. Get fucked. Tell me why the link is worth my time or what you think about the topic or just fuck off and stop adding to the noise. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 At last, grumpy Chest is back and it’s not even morning! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 27, 2023 Members Posted January 27, 2023 My favourite Chest is angry Chest. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 27, 2023 Posted January 27, 2023 I’ve had him on ignore for about 4 years so you’ll have to give me the highlights Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.