All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

Names are, I guess, an everyday way most people from ethnic backgrounds face racism. My name is 5 letters long and 2 syllables and it gets butchered all the time, people change it to a totally different (much longer name) which I really hate. It happeneds constantly, people I have worked with in school for nearly 5 years will send me emails and I look at the name on there and think 'who the fuck have you sent this to? Is that meant for me? Did you mean to send it to someone else because that looks nothing like my name!'

My sister has a bog standard English name (which is also happeneds to be a very common Punjabi name) Sharon. The way her name gets butchered astounds me, it's literally like people look at her and go 'you are brown, you can't be Sharon'. She has been called Sharry, Shireen, Shareen and my favourite from one of her teachers at school 'Sharoon' like Macaroon, but with a 'Sh' - no matter how much the teacher was corrected, she just couldn't get her head around it.

I gave my son a Punjabi name that is only 4 letters long but I know people will struggle to pronounce it. My husband and I love the name but sometimes I do worry I've lumbered him with a name that will cause him problems. The other week I actually asked my husband if we should have given him an English middle name. I think it's pretty sad that I have to think that way.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

I made a mistake and went on Twitter - actually to share something non-political, but I let myself get dragged down a rabbit-hole.

That fucking report. And Sewell - that fucking guy. There are people and texts that have gone down in history as having damaged or set back the movement for equality, like Article 28 and the Jim Crow Laws. The Sewell Report will also. But for the meantime, he's given a myriad of cunts the permission they were looking for to at best completely disregard and at worst oppose any efforts to deal with racism and prejudice in this country for a while to come. And he's done it in an era of no accountability, meaning all reports of those cited in the document that he's misquoted, misinterpreted, or simply didn't consult at all will simply be ignored. 

Lo and behold - they're already at it all over Twitter, and presumably FB as well. I tapped out, but too late.

Really, really fucking angry right now, and the only thing I can think of to blunt the edge of it is my hope and faith that this, too, shall pass, and one day everyone who helped perpetuate all this iniquity will be seen as being on the wrong side of history yet again, with the majority finally listening, and driving these bastards back under the rocks they crawled out from. That hope and faith, however, is being sorely tested.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I genuinely wish the virus finished him off. 

Not sorry. 

I hate to say it, but I don’t think it gets much better after Johnson. The libertarian fucks who have overtaken the Tory party seem to be gravitating towards Liz Truss as a potential successor, and some of her views and actions are seriously alarming. She has the potential to be even more destructive than Johnson.

Then if you look at some of the other likely contenders - Michael Gove, Priti Patel, Rees-Mogg...it’s terrifying. 

The party (and, sadly, country) is lurching so far to the right that a surprise contender could emerge simply by goose-stepping their way into their leadership campaign launch and hurling out a speech that consists entirely of the n word. 

It’s worrying and genuinely sad to realise that’s where we’re at.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I hate to say it, but I don’t think it gets much better after Johnson. The libertarian fucks who have overtaken the Tory party seem to be gravitating towards Liz Truss as a potential successor, and some of her views and actions are seriously alarming. She has the potential to be even more destructive than Johnson.

Then if you look at some of the other likely contenders - Michael Gove, Priti Patel, Rees-Mogg...it’s terrifying. 

The party (and, sadly, country) is lurching so far to the right that a surprise contender could emerge simply by goose-stepping their way into their leadership campaign launch and hurling out a speech that consists entirely of the n word. 

It’s worrying and genuinely sad to realise that’s where we’re at.

What's the betting the next leadership election has Sunak storm the MPs vote, a total loon sneak into second place with 50-odd MPs, and then the loon wins the membership vote because they turn out to be secretly racist.