Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Everyone pretty much echoing my thoughts on The Munsters. If it was some no-budget fan project I'd probably be more forgiving, because it looks like the cast are trying (Herman's helium voice aside), but it just smacks of "We rented one camera and one lens, and then a whole weekend in an editing suite".

Not that they were my favourite characters, but no Eddie, and no Marilyn?

It looks like he's going for how Herman & Lily met, but implying that Herman was assembled by Grandpa, so they're technically brother and sister? 

22 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It looks like he's going for how Herman & Lily met, but implying that Herman was assembled by Grandpa, so they're technically brother and sister? 

That's just the shonky editing, I think. Hermann gets created at the start in typical Frankenstein fashion. The last time Grandpa tried to make her a boyfriend, he got Jackie Earle Haley doing a Nosferatu impression.

It's fascinating. I think I've watched it a dozen times already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/13/2022 at 11:27 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Jesus tap dancing Christ that Munsters trailer looks beyond shite, the hell is Zombie thinking?

Tax write-off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

They are making a Fraiser reboot though.

Why can't things just be "good" then "finished"? If its revisiting the character, it will be a shit reminder that Martin/John Mahoney is no longer with us. If its a remake, it will not hold up. Let it be.

Have they said how many episodes it’s going to be? If it’s just a short run (no more than 6 ideally) to give a “here they are now” it won’t damage (for lack of a better term) the original series at all.

We’re just finishing a rewatch (got just under 20 episodes to go) and got to thinking it’ll be mad to see Niles & Daphne with a 20 year old son.

The wife was asking what they’ll do for Martin. I reckon it’ll be a photograph somewhere, like how Martin used to have a photograph of Hester in his bedroom

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Have they said how many episodes it’s going to be? If it’s just a short run (no more than 6 ideally) to give a “here they are now” it won’t damage (for lack of a better term) the original series at all.

Last I heard, they hadn't even guaranteed any of the original cast were returning bar Kelsey Grammer.