Sasha Banks's over inflated sense of self worth

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They should let Sasha go. The way she's always sulking and moping about online, it's as if she's oblivious to the fact that she's been mostly shit on the main roster and can't go a single match without screwing something up.

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

They should let Sasha go. The way she's always sulking and moping about online, it's as if she's oblivious to the fact that she's been mostly shit on the main roster and can't go a single match without screwing something up.

This ^

Seeing a lot of sympathy for her on Reddit, and while I can feel sorry for her being lied to about her and Bayley going on a long run with the Women's Tag Titles, this is wrestling and things change all the time. That and she's been woeful to watch for about 3 years now, maybe some time away will do her good.

You can see what the result of a Sasha Banks Match will be just by the expression on her face when she makes her ring entrance.

They’ve given her a couple of weeks off, she cancelled an appearance on a talk show hours before appearing on Monday due to “a family emergency” then she posted photos of herself on Twitter on holiday in the Dominican Republic.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

she cancelled an appearance on a talk show hours before appearing on Monday due to “a family emergency” then she posted photos of herself on Twitter on holiday in the Dominican Republic.

Bit harsh. Given it's a personal situation, it might have been an emergency that was solved very quickly, or something that is out of her control (family illness etc). To chastise someone for going on holiday when you have absolutely no clue what is happening in her personal life is completely unnecessary. 

29 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Meltzer reported today that Sasha Banks tried to quit WWE after finding out she was losing at Mania.

There is/was a theory on Reddit that you can tell if Sasha is losing by how miserable she looks during her entrance.

Can't confirm it's accuracy since I have hardly paid attention to her in ages. Since maybe her feud with Charlotte.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

There is/was a theory on Reddit that you can tell if Sasha is losing by how miserable she looks during her entrance.

Can't confirm it's accuracy since I have hardly paid attention to her in ages. Since maybe her feud with Charlotte.

I love stuff like that. Remember when Steiner lost the TV title he just chucked it at the referee before he match. 😆

• Paid Members

That period of time where Sasha and Charlotte swapped the title about five times over in the space of one week really killed Sasha's legitimacy on the main brand for me and fueled my dislike for Charlotte even more (which I guess was the point).

I'll never dislike Sasha, as her hand in the incredible NXT women's movement is very important and I really loved that stretch of matches with the 4 Horsewomen in 2014 and 2015, but she's been lifeless ever since her loss to Charlotte(!) at Hell In A Cell a couple of years back. 

So it's easy to see how she'd get fed up with her run there so far. After the highs of NXT and the immediate success of winning the Women's championship, to being pushed down the card into a weird on-off feud with Bayley (that never went anywhere) and floundering on the roster, and then being told "Yeah, you know that long tag reign you were promised? Well it's gone", something must've snapped. 

People often bemoan wrestlers who get tired of WWE's processes and the like, but it's just like any other job. No matter how much you're making, if you're constantly jumping through hoops and fighting for your spot only for any improvements to be taken away from you, it must be so bloody frustrating and disheartening and I can't imagine the scale of damage it must do to your mental health.

Honestly, I do hope she leaves, at least for a while. Not in some "YEAH GO TO THE INDIES! A-E-DUB!" shit arse way, but just so she can recharge her batteries and come back to her chosen profession on her own terms. 

• Paid Members

Honestly, every one should be doing what Sasha is in her position. I don't care what her motives are or whether she is as good as she thinks she is. There is fuck all point in pissing about in WWE's mid-card for 10 years doing the same shit. Do what they did 40 years ago. Go somewhere else, do something else, come back when people have missed you. Chris Jericho, for all his faults, is a good example of this. He's made himself appealling this last 10-15 years by doing stuff on his terms. he's been all over, they've always brought him back and he's made himself desirable outside of WWE. Compare that to a Dolph Ziggler who is their fucking lap dog.

• Paid Members

Sasha is great, she's just been booked into the toilet. I think a lot of people get that mixed up and it slowly really hurts the performers reputation. Also I'm glad she stands up for herself a little. Most of the roster don't step up and remind the company that they value themselves.

• Paid Members

I pretty much completely agree with @Accident Prone. When she's got something to sink her teeth into shes probably my favourite woman on the entire roster. But the short title reigns, never really giving her a sustained run with the belt, the dreadful on-off shit with Bayley and Corey Graves actively trashing her on commentary all add up to make her feel like a failure. I can completely understand why she would be frustrated.

Archived