Paid Members Weezenal Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 Was there a stipulated added to the Punk match? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 8 minutes ago, Weezenal said: Was there a stipulated added to the Punk match? Heyman is in Punks corner. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 Pretty sure the rumour is Bo is injured which has put the entire group on the shelf until he's healthy again. Though why they couldn't do something with Alexa as leader in the meantime does confuse me. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 I was half expecting Rusev to appear during that Orton segment, be interesting to see who they book against Orton now. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 I'd be more than game for Orton vs Aldis. I'm a big fan of Nick Aldis and would love to see him get back in the ring, and I think him and Orton could work a safe match for both of them. I can't say I was massively impressed by Rey Fenix to be honest, I think on the whole both companies have forgotten how to do a proper debut. He's one of the bigger stars from the other company, why is he going 50/50, maybe even 40/60 with some scrub from NXT? Similarly to Penta who went straight into an endless vortex with Butch and Ludwig Kaiser. These are both big signings and yet they don't feel like it at all because they've been booked to mean nothing. Quote
AndyUK Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Least the ''favour'' made sense in the end after all the speculation about things like Heyman somehow managing to get Punk added to the title match etc. It is quite a big moment after 5 years of Reigns and Heyman. It still would've worked better in a Punk v Roman singles match but I'm assuming we'll still get there eventually. I don't think this triple threat ends any of the beef between anyone because surely Heyman's going to do something to align himself with someone. It was a good SD overall, minus that Charlotte/Tiffy segment. Sheesh. You don't often see segments that bad in the overly produced world of WWE these days. That dig about Ludvig Kaiser as Charlotte couldn't allow the line about her divorce to be the last word was so awkward. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 More excited to see this Charlotte promo than I am for Wrestlemania. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 1 minute ago, AndyUK said: Least the ''favour'' made sense in the end after all the speculation about things like Heyman somehow managing to get Punk added to the title match etc. It is quite a big moment after 5 years of Reigns and Heyman. It still would've worked better in a Punk v Roman singles match but I'm assuming we'll still get there eventually. I don't think this triple threat ends any of the beef between anyone because surely Heyman's going to do something to align himself with someone. It was a good SD overall, minus that Charlotte/Tiffy segment. Sheesh. You don't often see segments that bad in the overly produced world of WWE these days. That dig about Ludvig Kaiser as Charlotte couldn't allow the line about her divorce to be the last word was so awkward. I don't believe that the original plan wasn't Punk/Roman. At some point, something has pushed them off course. There must have been a plan for Rollins that hasn't come off or something. Every storyline beat in the triple threat works better in a singles match scenario. The last two weeks have been much better, but Seth's involvement is STILL completely irrelevant really. Punk/Roman where Roman gets gamed into having Heyman make it the main event thinking it'll dispense of the favour, only for Punk to say 'that's not the favour I want, I want Heyman in my corner'? That's good stuff. I'm guessing the big twist is going to be Heyman siding with Seth, but good grief at this point it feels like we're so close to something that could have been absolutely perfect. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Heyman is definitely ending up with Seth, isn't he? I would assume so, but I don't really see the "why", other than "ooooh twist". Roman needed him to speak for him and establish the new direction, Punk and Heyman have always been BFFs so I get that, but with Seth I'm not sure what it does. He can't talk well enough (albeit very polarising) he's as over as anyone else and established a main event player, so while it would give us some short term booking I'm not sure it makes sense. I think I'd rather heyman be torn and end up siding with Roman for the finish and Roman going over Punk and that ultimately leading to a redemption arc with the singles for the title next year...but what do I know Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 59 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: Pretty sure the rumour is Bo is injured which has put the entire group on the shelf until he's healthy again. Though why they couldn't do something with Alexa as leader in the meantime does confuse me. Yeah, Bo is out for a while, but I am not sure they should have shelved the group so soon. They could have easily carried on with tags and him pulling the strings Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 27 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I'm guessing the big twist is going to be Heyman siding with Seth, but good grief at this point it feels like we're so close to something that could have been absolutely perfect. I really hope not, but that’s my guess as to what’ll happen also. 37 minutes ago, FLips said: I can't say I was massively impressed by Rey Fenix to be honest, I think on the whole both companies have forgotten how to do a proper debut. He's one of the bigger stars from the other company, why is he going 50/50, maybe even 40/60 with some scrub from NXT? Yeah, it was odd. I think Fenix is incredibly talented, but WWE hasn’t done particularly well with its Hispanic talent for quite some time. Dominik Mysterio is the biggest success story, but even he feels somewhat underutilised given how over and entertaining he is. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 (edited) @FLipsi said similar to my wrestling group. Yes, the presentation of both brothers has felt big time, but to both debut in highly competitive matches with midcard talent doesn’t mean they actually feel as special as their presentation, and the follow up booking has been lacklustre to say the least. Edited April 5, 2025 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 I know it's not kind of me, but Punk needs to do something about those eye bags. He regularly posts the results of his sleep tracker showing he sleeps poorly, but mate... sort it out. You're not that old and you look absolutely knackered. He's got himself in great shape, but is undermined by his face repeatedly. Have a closer shave and sort the eyes out and he'd look great. It's amazing how institutionalised he's been. He's still great, but these days he's great AT the WWE formula, compared to years ago when it felt like he was bucking the system a little bit and trying to bring things to his act that other performers weren't allowed to. The way he pronounced 'WRESTLE... MANIAAAAA' blew my mind. He basically sounded like Triple H. Quote
Chili Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Gave that Charlotte promo a mooch because I hate myself. Amazing stuff, an incredible shit show. Like one of those bitchy slanging matches you'd get on of those VH-1 reality shows but not as good. Was Becky right in the end about Charlotte? She appears to be a fucking nightmare to deal with at times. That Kaiser burn at the end was tragic. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Charlotte believes her own hype. And is a massive mark for herself, watching it, she absolutely went off script, wouldn't have shocked me if she lamped her backstage. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.