LEGIT Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 The Charlotte segment was an absolute car crash. I actually enjoyed it in a way to be honest, betten than most of the boring shite I've seen, but yes an awful mess of a segment. Charlotte's ability and reputation seems to have massively dropped in recent years. The Heyman/Reigns relationship is a strange one now. Is Heyman in love with Reigns? It's like Reigns is Heymans alpha and Heyman is some sort of cuck/gimp. It's a bit of a strange pairing now. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 I didn't see the original, but apparently they've heavily edited the version that's out there now of the Charlotte/Stratton promo. What an awful shit show. Worst two Rumble winners ever. Charlotte is so thin skinned. In London last week a handful of fans chanted 'Fuck you Charlotte' and she immediately started mouthing 'go fuck yourselves' to the crowd. Then she tried to go back to being a babyface, got booed so gave everyone the middle fingers. That in the same week when she responded like Drax to the John Cena promo about deleting Ric Flair from history. The absolute worst. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 I felt like the initial wave of Charlotte hate a few years back was unfair, it became the cool thing to do like with Cena way back but it's seemingly affected her so much that she'd genuinely unwatchable now. I don't know much is caused by the turning on her or how much is just her true colours coming through but what number meltdown in the ring is this now? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 2 hours ago, Chili said: Gave that Charlotte promo a mooch because I hate myself. Amazing stuff, an incredible shit show. Like one of those bitchy slanging matches you'd get on of those VH-1 reality shows but not as good. This is exactly what I thought! It wouldn’t have looked out of place on something like Real Housewives or TOWIE, although shows like that obviously don’t end with one of the participants in the slanging match going in a huff with the crowd. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: i said similar to my wrestling group. What do you mean? We're your wrestling group. This is it, there's no one else still watching all this. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 They’ll write books about Charlotte Flair. The worst there is. The worst there was. The worst there ever will be. A fascinating case study of, “imagine HBK in 1995, but without any of the talent or work to justify the ego and unprofessionalism?” It’s almost enough to feel sorry for her. Promoted and positioned as the greatest of all time, yet cursed with one of the most limited skill sets in the entire industry. A woman trapped in time. Taught a very specific match and promo type in 2014, which she’s never once deviated from or attempted to develop. Nor encouraged to. Boring and shit a decade ago, but positively embarrassing now. It’s 2025, Charlotte. Not every promo has to be this nasty, aloof, dickhead, meta burial of your opponent. You could actually work together and tell an interesting story beyond, “I’m the best and you’re a prick.” Eddie Kingston is turning in his grave. It’s like the entire business has left her behind and she’s this tragic echo of distilled WWE in the mid-2010s. If Daniel Bryan came onto the scene now, Charlotte Flair would still be pitching that they take the piss out of him for being a short, vegan dork. That’s how the business works, right? Right? Good for Tiffy. Forced to swim with sharks, so knocked the shark out cold. The fuck else was she supposed to do? This has been going on for years, nobody higher up seems to have a problem with it, so the only option she had left was to lower herself to this nonsense and start slinging shit herself. Felt like one of those YouTube videos where some poor kid is getting bullied, so decides to unleash hell. The Zangief Kid! Funniest thing will be when they don’t even acknowledge what a train wreck this was, or how much the Charlotte problem has gotten out of hand. They’ll probably congratulate Charlotte on, “elevating,” Tiffy to her level. Hoping for a Brawl 4 All match at Mania. Quote
FUM Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 8 hours ago, The King of Old School said: Can't be many people who want to see Orton vs Nick Aldis. Up there with the suggestion of Drew vs Wade Barrett when that was mooted. Dreadful. I am far more interested in the prospect of Orton v Aldis than I ever was Orton v KO and immediately got excited at the prospect when I seen the clip of Aldis getting RKO’ed. Charlotte is an embarrassment, eh? Absolutely can’t take that she’s not loved, tries to sell it as a heel gimmick but it utterly devastates her. That line at the end was akin to a “well well well you stink” type moment. Not sure how she ever rebounds to any sort of level of appreciation to be honest. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 58 minutes ago, FUM said: Charlotte is an embarrassment, eh? Absolutely can’t take that she’s not loved, tries to sell it as a heel gimmick but it utterly devastates her. That line at the end was akin to a “well well well you stink” type moment. Not sure how she ever rebounds to any sort of level of appreciation to be honest. What baffles me the most is the fact this keeps happening. She keeps having moments like this, yet always gets pushed hard. I can’t think of any genuinely strong feuds she’s had on the main roster - and I can think of plenty performers who have done great work, only to be pushed aside for her to get a featured spot. The fans have never really taken to her, and I don’t know why they keep pushing her to the point of resentment. It’s really odd. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 15 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: What baffles me the most is the fact this keeps happening. She keeps having moments like this, yet always gets pushed hard. I can’t think of any genuinely strong feuds she’s had on the main roster - and I can think of plenty performers who have done great work, only to be pushed aside for her to get a featured spot. The fans have never really taken to her, and I don’t know why they keep pushing her to the point of resentment. It’s really odd. I think the thing with her is, they've devoted too much time to her for them to back down now. She's a 16 (or whatever it is) time champ, one of the Four Horsewomen, and she's already punched her ticket into the Hall of Fame. The thing is now is that she knows all of that and believes her own hype. As Supremo said up top, she's stuck in the past during her peak and I think coming back to a chorus of boos really knocked her. Whether it's a work or a shoot, Tiffy Stratton just bodied her on TV and again like Supremo said (god he's good isn't he?) it was like the Zangief Kid finally standing up to the bully. Where does she go from here? A complete loser. Not even in her 40s and thrice divorced, the crowd have turned on her and she's declined massively in-ring as she stands and watches the new era replace her. She would actually be a tragic figure if she didn't seem like such an arsehole. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 I've just watched it. That Kaiser line at the end is one of the worst things I've ever heard. She's so bad. You can just tell she has absolutely no idea why no one likes her, she's like a real life Amanda from Motherland. Smug, cruel, nasty to everyone around her, but utterly convinced her (self confirmed) beauty and charm mean she's the most popular person in any room. Awful. Quote
digforvictory Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 (edited) I know there are some people that say that there's no such thing as go away heat and that as long as you're getting a reaction that's all that matters but to me that felt like the worst kind of boos that a wrestler can get. It felt like the crowd hated her in a please fuck off and never wrestle again way. Like they were just totally sick of her and didn't even want to play along with the segment. They just wanted her to go away. And she's only just returned from being off TV for 12 months! She's barely been back and the crowds already seem sick to death of her. That Mania match could be an utter car crash and heaven help us all if they follow through on that tease a few weeks ago of a Charlotte vs Jade Cargill feud . Edited April 5, 2025 by digforvictory Quote
TAFKA Jonny Vegas Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 (edited) Maybe I missed it but I don't recall ever hearing about Charlotte being an arsehole in real life or burying her colleagues publicly like for example Becky Lynch did. I don't think she ever asked for the spot she is/was in...she is Ric Flair's daughter and was thrown into it. Some of the comments about her being "thin skinned" etc are wild. I can only speculate in my own head as to how brilliant the lives of those saying so must be and how fantastically equipped and capable they must be at dealing with their own trauma's. She's spoken openly on numerous occasions in a way that suggests if not out right says that she has severe anxiety and depression as well as body dysmorphia. Her father is a lunatic who was absent throughout her formative years, her brother who she has said on numerous occasions was her best friend and was likely one of the only people who did or will ever understand exactly how she feels, died of a drug overdose. She's had a decade or more of people constantly talking shit about her appearance and her ability and then talking more shit any time she's not in the spotlight. Her first husband is alleged to have domestically assaulted her on numerous occasions. Her second husband was previously arrested for domestic assault. One day of it's still a thing there will be a Dark Side Of The Ring episode about her and it's not funny whatsoever. It's just sad. I'm not even really a fan of her's. I just think sometimes people on the internet get carried away and forget that stranger they're forever tearing apart, is a human being. Edited April 5, 2025 by TAFKA Jonny Vegas Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Smackdown was an interesting one. Nobody (yet) should be kicking out of that very impressive head drop finish Fenix did, especially not a no name like Fraser. Becky made it well known that Charlotte is a pain in the arse who goes into business for herself (remember the belt drop thing?) so fair fucks to Tiffany for giving her a receipt after Charlotte apparently went into business for herself during that face-to-face a few weeks ago. Tiffany has a lot more ammunition than Charlotte does in this scenario and, as has been said, Charlotte's last line was cringe as hell. It's a damn shame she will be rewarded for all this by winning at Mania. I'm liking heel Naomi. I thought her promo last week was good and Jade certainly held up her end of the bargain. Thought the Owens thing might be a swerve or a set up to Orton going 'You are just trying to get out of the match. You are scared I am going to kick you in the head and put you out of action like you did to me' but I get it, it's legit, and they can't take the risk. Fair do's. Not sure what to think of the favour but it has me intrigued. Seth 'I'm a visionary! I'm a revolutionary!' Rollins can just fuck all the way off, however. He's an entire negativity thread all by himself. Eurgh. I was hoping the favour would be 'Have Rollins taken out of the match because it will drive him more insane that I am in the main event while he sits at home and watches' but this is why I am not booking WWE. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 50 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said: Maybe I missed it but I don't recall ever hearing about Charlotte being an arsehole in real life or burying her colleagues publicly like for example Becky Lynch did. I don't think she ever asked for the spot she is/was in...she is Ric Flair's daughter and was thrown into it. Some of the comments about her being "thin skinned" etc are wild. I can only speculate in my own head as to how brilliant the lives of those saying so must be and how fantastically equipped and capable they must be at dealing with their own trauma's. She's spoken openly on numerous occasions in a way that suggests if not out right says that she has severe anxiety and depression as well as body dysmorphia. Her father is a lunatic who was absent throughout her formative years, her brother who she has said on numerous occasions was her best friend and was likely one of the only people who did or will ever understand exactly how she feels, died of a drug overdose. She's had a decade or more of people constantly talking shit about her appearance and her ability and then talking more shit any time she's not in the spotlight. Her first husband is alleged to have domestically assaulted her on numerous occasions. Her second husband was previously arrested for domestic assault. One day of it's still a thing there will be a Dark Side Of The Ring episode about her and it's not funny whatsoever. It's just sad. I'm not even really a fan of her's. I just think sometimes people on the internet get carried away and forget that stranger they're forever tearing apart, is a human being. It's wrestling, if we gave everyone with a troubled past a pass for being shit on TV we'd all love everyone equally. That'd be well dull. She's rubbish on the telly as a performer. That can be true and it be fine to say, even if I wouldn't wish any personal issues on her. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 (edited) It’s a shame the Charlotte Shit Show stole all the headlines, because this was otherwise the best episode of Smackdown in months. Certainly the best of the Three Hour Exhaustion Era. No DQ finishes? No promos leading to impromptu matches? The US title match at Wrestlemania getting announced as a straight singles match rather then a multi-man? Can we get a Wellness check on Road Dogg and Triple H, please? Did they return from Europe? Has Lee Fitting had to resign in disgrace? The Good Rey Fenix looked fucking amazing. Wild, crazy sprint of a match. One more time for the people in the back; anyone who ever wishes for the death of either company is a complete moron. Having two major promotions where guys can jump back and forth is the absolute best thing imaginable. A fan’s dream come true. Long may it continue. Drew McIntyre in a Solid Snake Eye Patch! Yes! I love it. Nothing short of miraculous what Drew and Priest have squeezed out of this feud. I’m genuinely invested. Naomi looked great again, and Jade didn’t screw anything up, so a big win all round. Happy this got announced for Wrestlemania. One of the few matches where it feels like this was the plan all along and they haven’t had to do any crazy pivots or compromises. Still worried about the match quality on the night, but we’ll see. I saw a crazy statistic earlier that this is the first non-title Women’s singles match at Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 22, when it was Candice vs. Torrie in a Playboy Pillow Fight. I guess slow progress still counts as progress. Still waiting for a black man to be announced for the Wrestlemania card beside Travis Scott though, Hunter. Whenever you’re ready, ya daft racist. Best thing I can say about the Charlotte/Tiffy thing on rewatch is how quickly Tiffy ran away once she dropped her final line. She looked like Earl Hebner after the Montreal Screwjob, the speed she got to fuck! I like to imagine she jumped in a car and sped off into the night. Charlotte screwed Charlotte! Strowman vs. Fatu was great fun. Almost surprised they didn’t save something like this for Wrestlemania. It would have gotten over huge, with all the daft stunts. Can’t imagine LA Knight vs. Jacob being half as good as this, but I think that match is all about the result. Get the belt on Jacob. Get him rolling as a top prospect. Maybe he turns babyface afterwards. Man’s pure money. Solo’s velvet suit was delicious. He’s so much better as a midcard banter machine. The CM Punk/Heyman/Roman Favour thing mostly worked for me. Added a genuine bit of drama to the match. Still think the whole thing would have worked a million times better in a straight singles match though. Imagine Roman vs. Punk, one-on-one, maybe for the World Title, with this exact same stipulation, with Heyman walking Punk to the ring. That’s a proper Mania Main Event. You can tell even Punk and Roman know that’s what this should have been. They essentially shot their angle as if that’s what it was. Seth Rollins was just a man adjacent to it. Another body in the ring. Your mum can force you to take your little brother with you to the park, but she can’t make you involve him in your game. Third Wheel Jones over there. The Bad ”We are Melo Don’t Miz and we are AWES-HIM.” Group CM Punk in with Bianca and Rhea. Three characters that have been damaged massively by these last few weeks of bad writing. I can’t take him seriously now that he’s been confirmed as a grovelling charity case, who’ll happily snatch a gifted Wrestlemania Main Event out of your hand, like a desperate rat. Nowhere was it more exemplified than during Punk’s entrance in the main event angle when the commentators mentioned he’d been, “awarded,” the Mania Main Event. Awarded! What loser. Sometimes, I rate CM Punk as one of the best promos of all time, with one of the sharpest minds ever. Then other times he repeats the same, stupid idiom all the other brain dead morons say. Responding to the awful, “you deserve it!” chants with the equally rubbish, “I don’t DESERVE it! I EARNED it!” I wish pro-wrestlers would pack this in. It’s nowhere near as clever or profound as they think it is. Literally just a synonym, you whoppers. Also, has this flawed angle turned me into a snarky, miserable prick or is CM Punk constantly mentioning his wife starting to give off similar vibes? Worst thing on the whole show - by a wide margin - was the replay of the rubbish Cena/Cody promo from Raw. Did they realise what did and didn’t work? Did they fuck. The two major points in the highlight package were the worst parts! I can’t believe they decided the best stuff to focus on was that horrendous, disgusting, tone deaf line about Vince (now with an added edit of a fan giving it some NXT SHOCKED FACE) and Cena’s wanky line about, “making empires for billionaires, whilst you steal their kid’s money.” What percentage of fans do you think even understands that? Ten? Five? Given the non-reaction almost every AEW reference has ever received from a WWE crowd, you have to wonder what people think that even means. Was Cody a cat burglar in a previous life? Jon Moxley WWE return confirmed?! Devastating news about Kevin Owens. Probably one of my all-time favourites. I might create a thread just on him because the best and one of the biggest losses imaginable if he has to retire. Kevin always seemed to be the nicest, funniest, humblest, dare I say it - most normal wrestler in the business. With the added bonus of being class at everything. The definition of cream rising to the top. Had absolutely no right getting anywhere in this business given the hurdles in front of him at the time that he came in, yet went right to the top based on just being fucking ace. Kevin Steen main Evented Wrestlemania against Stone Cold Steve Austin! I still can’t believe it. Even the photos still look like AI! This is a real thing that actually happened! Amazing. I hope he’s okay. Frankly insane it took this long, considering some of the bumps he took in his career. If reports are true, he knew something was wrong before taking those bumps at Royal Rumble. Absolute nutcase. The WWE Winged Eagle Forever Champion! Best car promo artist of all time! Edited April 5, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.