Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/DIVXK0lT81A/?img_index=1&igsh=b21mdHFlaHcwMThx

Seeing it written down doesn't make it better, does it?

Spoilered in case some lunatic wants to watch Mania without knowing what they’re getting into. 

Spoiler

Jey Uso Vs Gunther - When he won the Rumble, I was looking forward to him winning in the main event and a whole stadium yeeting. Now it’s on first, he’s probably losing and that may very well be for the best. Give Sami the win at SummerSlam or something. Gunther’s Kryptonite. 
Jade Cargill Vs Naomi - I like Jade despite her in ring being inconsistent. Never been a fan of Naomi, I’d prefer Bianca in her spot. Either I fell asleep or completely ignored any of the story relating to this match following Naomi initially admitting that she was behind the attack. 

War Raiders Vs New Day - there isn’t a single tag match they could put on with their current tag division that would interest me. This is a Smackdown match at best.

Rey Mysterio Vs El Grande Americano - this needs to be a comedy match. Grande trying and failing to hit Lucha spots, him running scared of being unmasked, shenanigans with Rey and Gable’s friends.

LA Knight Vs Jacob Fatu - Jacob deserves better. Squash match please.

Tiffany Stratton Vs Charlotte Flair - worth watching just to see how badly Charlottle fucks it. 

Seth Rollins Vs Roman Reigns Vs CM Punk - should have been a singles match. Should not be a battle for the soul of Paul Heyman. I’m not arsed.

Bayley/Lyra Vs Liv/Raquel - there isn’t a single tag match they could put on with their current tag division that would interest me. This is a Raw match at best…

Damien Priest Vs Drew McIntyre - I’m not as high on Priest as a lot of people here are so I’ve very little interest in this.

Breakker Vs Dom Vs Balor Vs Penta - if they removed Balor and stuck Sheamus in there, this would improve drastically. I’d like to Dom get a sneaky win and let Breakker move up the card. Could be match of the night if they really let Breakker loose.

AJ Styles Vs Logan Paul - I’m sure they’ll break out some crazy viral clips, but I’m beyond apathetic towards AJ at the moment. 

Sky Vs Ripley Vs Bianca - should have been a singles match once again. The most horribly booked match on the card. 

Cody Rhodes Vs John Cena - the only match I’m really looking forward to. One match over 2 nights. Christ.

I hate to be this negative, but considering I was buzzing for last year’s efforts, 41 just needs to be over with and we can all forget about it.

 

Edited by Dr. Alan Grant
Posted
23 minutes ago, digforvictory said:

We know Mania will look fantastic, big huge crowd and a bigtime setup and all of that. And there's a lot of incredibly talented men and women on the card,  and a lot of very over people too. So I reckon the actual show itself is likely to be good no matter what.

They've utterly fucked the buildup though, it's the worst build to a Mania in God knows how long. 9 or 10 years maybe? I admittedly only skimmed through Smackdown yesterday but it felt like a random filler Smackdown in about september to build to Backlash or something. Not a week to go until Mania.

I cannot believe how utterly bland the Cody/Cena feud feels. They've managed to make a heel Cena run feel like it's nothing special, it's remarkable. And that's before you get to the Rocks involvement in the feud at the start and then complete disappearance for 8 weeks. Cody has tried his best with his promos but he's got so little to work with.

Be fascinating to see how things go after Mania. Can they get back on track  or are we legit in the beginning of the end of the boom period?

I honestly think the boom in the sense of 2022-2024, is dead. Not to say it won't be good after mania, but they've fucked it. When people are saying online that Vince was a better booker than Hunter, we have problems. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Is there a reason why Chelsea doesn’t have a match??

  • Paid Members
Posted

At least we all have a better reply to that “worlds saddest six word story” meme that goes around.

Decline between WrestleMania 40 and 41.

Posted

I said to a few mates that WrestleMania 40’s main event felt like the Season Finale of wrestling. If there had never been another wwe show after that it would have felt like a good ending to it.

Some of the booking for this years is actually making me wish it was in a way. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure there will be some bangers but other than Cena vs Cody who really cares?

Posted
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

At least we all have a better reply to that “worlds saddest six word story” meme that goes around.

Decline between WrestleMania 40 and 41.

It's the Miz's Wrestlemania decline from main event to pre-show, in entire show form.

Awesome.

Posted

That line up of versions of the WWE title looked good during Cody’s promo, but made the Spinner stick out even more like a sore thumb than it already was

Feel sorry for Cody in all honesty, 3rd year running he’s had to carry the majority of the build for his match which is why you get the Roman fan boys on social media labelling him a flop champion

  • Paid Members
Posted

It was another good episode. The snowball is too big and is rolling down the hill too fast for them to salvage Mania, but there are some good signs.

The video package on Punk and Heyman’s history was great. Once again, that Rob Fee fella who they hired as Director of Longterm Creative continues to be vital. Probably the MVP of the whole company. Even when stuff doesn’t make sense, he manages to find some throwaway line from a random 2013 promo to pretend it does. Impressive.

Great promo from Cody. Best thing in this feud with Cena thus far. Drilling down to the crux of it. Heel Cena stealing the belt. I’m the Champion and I’ll fight you to stop you. Fuckin’ A. A billion times better to all the meta shit they’ve wasted time on.

My main takeaway is what cheap bastards they are. It annoyed me when Kevin Owens had the Winged Eagle and it annoyed me again here. This company has a five billion dollar deal with Netflix, yet they use cheap, shitty belts from WWEShop.com as props. They look rubbish. Pay some fucking money to make some proper replicas! As it was, they looked so shit that Cody may as well have been cutting promos against the toy ones from Argos.

Rey Fenix rules. I don’t care if it makes sense. Have Rey Fenix answer Randy Orton’s Wrestlemania Open Challenge. I want to see what that looks like!

Posted

Fenix Orton... Yeah that'd work for me. Nice.. 

 

It's very much a one to two match show for me, until someone reminds me of a match. Which isn't always a bad thing, as I'll watch regardless, but the lower expectations breeds room to impress. 

Cody V cena

3 way

Jey V Gunter 

Flair V Stratton 

Are kind of the matches that come to mind, but aside from cody/Cena and the 3 way.. Anything else is kind of passing interest, once I've been reminded of. 

Posted
15 hours ago, SwayWays said:

Fenix Orton... Yeah that'd work for me. Nice.. 

 

It's very much a one to two match show for me, until someone reminds me of a match. Which isn't always a bad thing, as I'll watch regardless, but the lower expectations breeds room to impress. 

Cody V cena

3 way

Jey V Gunter 

Flair V Stratton 

Are kind of the matches that come to mind, but aside from cody/Cena and the 3 way.. Anything else is kind of passing interest, once I've been reminded of. 

Dom’s coronation as IC champ is legit one of the things I’m most excited about 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...