Paid Members air_raid Posted April 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 12, 2025 5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I did read they announced Tiffy/Charlotte had been fined for what happened in their segment last week. Which is just... fuck me. Given they didn't put hands on each other, what's the storyline justification there? Their battle promo became too battle-y? For some reason this reminds me of a time after a fairly lacklustre boxing match, a lot of pushing and shoving started between the boxers, their managers and various other hangers-on. My dad remarked “If we’re not careful, a fight may break out here.” It’s worked shooty bollocks, isn’t it? Trying to act like acknowledging the human beings went too personal than they should have done in their story and will be punished [[flashing neon]]THIS PART IS REAL[[/]]. It’s just like Matt Hardy told us that while Lita was married to Kane as part of the wrestling show, Amy Dumas was engaged to him but had cheated on him with his mate Adam. So naturally this was going to lead to Matt Hardy trying to take revenge on Edge and Lita as part of the wrestling show. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 19 minutes ago, air_raid said: For some reason this reminds me of a time after a fairly lacklustre boxing match, a lot of pushing and shoving started between the boxers, their managers and various other hangers-on. My dad remarked “If we’re not careful, a fight may break out here.” It’s worked shooty bollocks, isn’t it? Trying to act like acknowledging the human beings went too personal than they should have done in their story and will be punished [[flashing neon]]THIS PART IS REAL[[/]]. It’s just like Matt Hardy told us that while Lita was married to Kane as part of the wrestling show, Amy Dumas was engaged to him but had cheated on him with his mate Adam. So naturally this was going to lead to Matt Hardy trying to take revenge on Edge and Lita as part of the wrestling show. I agree with all of this, but should also advise you never take a job as a defence lawyer. It's made me hate it more. I now don't just want their match cancelled, I want the whole show cancelled so WWE can think about what they've done. Also, fucking big LOL at Orton/Solo if that's what they're doing. 'Did you think you know ICE COLD, WWE Universe... watch this!' Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 12, 2025 17 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I agree with all of this, but should also advise you never take a job as a defence lawyer. Agreed. The Chewbacca defence would only get me so far. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 (edited) 12 minutes ago, air_raid said: Agreed. The Chewbacca defence would only get me so far. Just think. When you next do a Mania season re-watch marathon, you'll have to watch this Mania again. Good grief. Godspeed. Edited April 12, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Captain SlackBladder Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 Was it just my feed, or did anyone else get a blank screen during the Tiffy/Perez match? Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 12, 2025 6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Just think. When you next do a Mania season re-watch marathon, you'll have to watch this Mania again. Good grief. Godspeed. Ah, at least The Final Boss will have given me a break from the worst dross of the darkest days. Daniel Bryan getting called a turd, title tug of war, need I go on? Just musing on Reigns vs Lesnar…. has there ever been a “and nobody cared” title match/last match of a Mania than 38, ever? Such was the level of I don’t give a shit that I’ve never watched the match, not even just the finish. It was title for title and it meant squat to me ; they finally succeeded in making Reigns an engaging character by allowing him to be the big bad, only to let him lapse into a part time schedule and give him an interminable reign perhaps even worse than that of his beastly nemesis… then when it came to a Mania title defence - I’m sorry, but Brock Lesnar was not the hero we needed. When reviewing all the Manias I’m not sure whether I’m dreading most that match, which I’ve never seen, or their match from 34 because I know how bad it is. Hal Jordan ain’t never seen a Blackest Night like that. As a further aside to this aside… plenty of matches have happened twice at Mania, but are Undertaker vs HHH and Lesnar vs Reigns the only ones to occur thrice? Quote
digforvictory Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 10 minutes ago, air_raid said: As a further aside to this aside… plenty of matches have happened twice at Mania, but are Undertaker vs HHH and Lesnar vs Reigns the only ones to occur thrice? Rock vs Stone Cold! Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 Hopefully they course correct. The boom is bust. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 12, 2025 3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I did read they announced Tiffy/Charlotte had been fined for what happened in their segment last week. Which is just... fuck me. Given they didn't put hands on each other, what's the storyline justification there? Their battle promo became too battle-y? That’s not quite what happened. They released ‘fan footage’ of the pair fighting in a car park, and that’s what they were ‘fined for’, not the promo battle. I tried watching the show, but gave up. Of all the options they could choose for Orton, naturally they’d choose the most boring one. I’m 50/50 on whether I’ll even watch Wrestlemania at this point, which is a mad situation to be in. Even during the darkest days of Vince McMahon, I at least watched ‘Mania and the Rumble. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 (edited) 2 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: That’s not quite what happened. They released ‘fan footage’ of the pair fighting in a car park, and that’s what they were ‘fined for’, not the promo battle. I retract. But still, wrestlings shit. It's an interesting point on not watching, even though you'd have watched during the dark days. I think there's something in that. During the dark days, there'd at least be the one big gimmicky clustershag of a ladder match or something that'd be fun, and maybe one match you knew was going to be THE match of the show. This Mania feels like it's got absolutely nothing going for it. It's got some poorly booked main events and that's it. Really bad. Drew/Priest might be the best booked match at this point, and Drew threw a wobbler when he was told that was what he was getting at Mania. Edited April 12, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 12, 2025 1 hour ago, digforvictory said: Rock vs Stone Cold! Why, OF COURSE I forgot the one where the final act is one of my favourite Mania matches ever, one of my favourite “end of chapter” feud deciders ever, and for 19 years was my favourite “someone’s last match” ever. 33 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Drew threw a wobbler when he was told that was what he was getting at Mania. Which is weird, because with last years Mania and his own subsequent failed revenge cash in, Drew st least has something with meat on the bones for why it’s happening. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 5 minutes ago, air_raid said: Which is weird, because with last years Mania and his own subsequent failed revenge cash in, Drew st least has something with meat on the bones for why it’s happening. I imagine he threw a wobbler when it felt like Mania was going to be the crowning moment of the boom period, with hot angles boiling over left, right and centre. Looking back, I imagine he's absolutely thrilled with his lot. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 (edited) https://www.instagram.com/p/DIVXK0lT81A/?img_index=1&igsh=b21mdHFlaHcwMThx Seeing it written down doesn't make it better, does it? *edit* Hadn't considered it might be a spoiler to some people, but it's the announced Mania card for both days. Edited April 12, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
digforvictory Posted April 12, 2025 Posted April 12, 2025 (edited) We know Mania will look fantastic, big huge crowd and a bigtime setup and all of that. And there's a lot of incredibly talented men and women on the card, and a lot of very over people too. So I reckon the actual show itself is likely to be good no matter what. They've utterly fucked the buildup though, it's the worst build to a Mania in God knows how long. 9 or 10 years maybe? I admittedly only skimmed through Smackdown yesterday but it felt like a random filler Smackdown in about september to build to Backlash or something. Not a week to go until Mania. I cannot believe how utterly bland the Cody/Cena feud feels. They've managed to make a heel Cena run feel like it's nothing special, it's remarkable. And that's before you get to the Rocks involvement in the feud at the start and then complete disappearance for 8 weeks. Cody has tried his best with his promos but he's got so little to work with. Be fascinating to see how things go after Mania. Can they get back on track or are we legit in the beginning of the end of the boom period? Edited April 12, 2025 by digforvictory Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.