d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 It's absolutely baffling how few instincts Charlotte has for the industry. You could see she has absolutely no idea how those sort of promos should work, no concept of when to give a little to the other person. She also seems to have staggeringly thin skin for someone in a public profession. Quote
poetofthedeed Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Charlotte flair when promo's are explained to her. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 21 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said: Charlotte flair when promo's are explained to her. This confused me at first as I assumed the point you were making is that men are terrible and the reason we don't like Charlotte is we're threatened by her natural wit, charm and humour. I'm sure I'm terrible for lots of reasons, but I don't think this is one. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Charlotte really is the worst. I know she can give you a good match in the ring, but a lot of the women on the roster can do that and don't come with the baggage that she does. Also, it's obvious that the fans are sick of her and, really, who can blame them? She's been on main roster TV for, what, a decade now? I know she just came back from a long injury layoff, but she could do with going away for a while after her match at 'Mania. She was rattled here and Tiffany left her looking like a fool. Shame about Owens, but it's hardly a surprise that he is banged up, given his style and how long he's been doing this for. Hope he's on the mend soon and curious to see if they go with Orton/Aldis at 'Mania as a Plan B after that segment. Caught Rey Fenix's debut and he looked really good. There is no 'next Rey Mysterio' but it feels like with his look and style he could be the next best thing. I reckon a decent singles run for him and Penta before they inevitably team up should be alright. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said: If anyone wants to watch a contender for the worst most amateur/embarrassing in ring segment featuring two main characters go watch the Charlotte/Tiffany shocker. Almost immediately forgot everything and went full shoot on each other with Charlotte coming off worse didn't serve any purpose because went off script dreadful. Yeah, Tiffany totally SHOT on Charlotte. She totally went into business for herself. It was a work. You and Charlotte both got worked. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Heyman is definitely ending up with Seth, isn't he? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 Real or fake it was cathartic to see Charlotte Flair take a whopping big loss, and that 0-3 divorce line seemed to really rattle her. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 29 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: Shame about Owens, but it's hardly a surprise that he is banged up, given his style and how long he's been doing this for. Hope he's on the mend soon and curious to see if they go with Orton/Aldis at 'Mania as a Plan B after that segment. I like to think Owens got into a scrap down the Orient game and that's what caused the injury. I mean it was probably the big bumps against Cody and Sami, but Brisbane Road does funny things to a man. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 (edited) Two of the worst wrestlers on the mic in an in-ring promo segment, what else was going to happen? I can hardly blame Charlotte or Stratton, it was entirely foreseeable. Whoever kept it in the running order was to blame. Dominik Mysterio deals with significantly more in the way of boos and does just fine, the way she almost gave up was bizarre. It’s a shame that Naomi/Jade wasn’t the title match at Wrestlemania, both women have played their parts really well, and Jade’s offence looks vicious. Naomi is thriving as a heel, and it’s great to see. I enjoyed the Punk segment, but it really just illustrated how much better this match would be if it was Punk/Reigns one-on-one. Even though it wouldn’t make any sense at all, I was hoping the favour would be Punk wanting a singles match, with Rollins subsequently ending up in a feud with Orton, maybe attacking him on the way to the back or something. I’m curious as to what they do with Orton now though. A returning Malaki Black? The Wyatts? Sami Zayn? Solo Sikoa? A match with Nick Aldis? It’s one of the more intriguing things on the card with plenty of good - and plenty of bad - options. Edited April 5, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 Rey Fenix’s entrance was really similar to AJ Styles to me. Similar hand gesture/pyro, Thought it was strange. Decent match against Frasier, but went a bit long and couldn’t believe this was kicked out at 2, this looked really dangerous Well Tiff got her revenge on Charlotte alright, they seem to legit hate each other which is either great acting or is going to be really awkward at Mania. is it me or has Heyman really aged recently? Looks like Hugo Savinovich. I can’t believe that was the favour. The opportunity to add a stipulation to the main to make the winner have something more than bragging rights. Roman sold it well, but I just thought it was a damp squib as a favour. Outside of DIY/MCMG’s match against each other, which must be almost double figures by now the amount of matches they’ve had together, it was a decent episode of Smackdown. Quote
The King of Old School Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Can't be many people who want to see Orton vs Nick Aldis. Up there with the suggestion of Drew vs Wade Barrett when that was mooted. Dreadful. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 Given the Mania build so far, Orton v Aldis would probably be the match I'm looking forward to most to be honest. Give them the big grand entrances, turn the match into a big schmozz.. it has a novelty value at least. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted April 5, 2025 Posted April 5, 2025 28 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I’m curious as to what they do with Orton now though. A returning Malaki Black? The Wyatts? Sami Zayn? Solo Sikoa? A match with Nick Aldis? It’s one of the more intriguing things on the card with plenty of good - and plenty of bad - options. I completely forgot these even existed. They show up, murder everyone backstage, have forgettable feuds with Chad Gable and friends, then do something with The Miz and disappeared. I’m not huge fans of any of the group individually, but surely there’s something more substantial for them to do. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 The Wyatts have disappeared so completely you'd think Tony Khan was booking them!!! Joking aside manufacturing someone for Orton to RKO now is a tricky task that can't really be done well. He can't even fall out with someone over a shampoo advert. Someone is getting thrown to him to lose that's for sure. Owens in the Bret jacket with the pink on it did make me think we were getting Mark Henry'd for a minute but it's a shame that it wasn't that. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2025 6 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: I completely forgot these even existed. They show up, murder everyone backstage, have forgettable feuds with Chad Gable and friends, then do something with The Miz and disappeared. I’m not huge fans of any of the group individually, but surely there’s something more substantial for them to do. They briefly hinted at a tie-in with Alexa Bliss, but she’s disappeared, and they’ve yet to even appear on Smackdown. I thought Bo Dallas was playing the role well, and although I’m not a fan of supernatural characters, daft murder scene aside, they were never really presented in that way. I suspect they’ll be gone from the company by the end of the year, which is a shame as I quite liked them 15 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Can't be many people who want to see Orton vs Nick Aldis. Up there with the suggestion of Drew vs Wade Barrett when that was mooted. Dreadful. To be honest, I’d be more than up for that. It’s different enough from what you’d expect for me to be interested in seeing it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.