Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 29, 2025 47 minutes ago, Pinc said: Someone should have told Punk in 2021 then. I'm not responsible for either the stupidity of wrestlers or time travel, and if I was I wouldn't be wasting the latter on the former. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 Christ. Heyman telling Punk he's was a Wrestlemania main eventer eas one of the worst, cringeworthy things i have ever seen. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 7 hours ago, The King of Old School said: Christ. Heyman telling Punk he's was a Wrestlemania main eventer eas one of the worst, cringeworthy things i have ever seen. Out of interest, why? I'm not being snarky or anything, just genuinely interested as I can't see anything bad in it. I actually find it quite moving, with how well performed it was. It was one mate telling another that his lifelong dream was coming true (I suspect that's true in the kayfabe sense for his character, and at a personal level), and them both being really happy about it. I don't really know what's cringe about it. I get the argument that he's a hypocrite more, given his past comments, but I don't know that feeling joy is particularly cringe. Quote
Paid Members Weezenal Posted March 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 30, 2025 I’ve not seen it but it one loser is going around calling themselves ‘Main Event’ then it must be a big deal, so a legit reason to be please about it. Quote
Doog Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 (edited) Also, night one isn't really the main event is it. I mean yeah, technically it closes the show, but the real main event is whatever goes on last at the end of the weekend and closes WrestleMania, not just closes until the next night. Think that took away the emotion of it for me, I love Punk so it's not a pop at him per se, but feels like you give the night 1 main event to placate someone and to convince them they're the main event but they're not really. It takes away so much of the shine with it being two nights. And it's not even a thing because the roster is so amazing they have to do two nights so you can count it, a standard 4 hour show like they used to be, with the big stars would be fine, two nights just gets too much filler on anyway. Edited March 30, 2025 by Doog Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 You've all lost your minds. I consider KO/Austin, KO/Sami vs Uso's and Cody/Seth v Rock/Roman as main events. I hadn't even imagined anyone wouldn't. Yes you're main eventing Night 1, but that's a symptom of them being successful enough to run two nights at a stadium. I just think there's something odd about us all sat at home eating crisps questioning whether this huge career achievement, that only a handful of people have ever achieved, is huge enough for him to care about. It just feels astonishingly bad faith or just... mean. It's the two night era, headlining one of the nights counts now. It's fine. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 30, 2025 Members Posted March 30, 2025 (edited) Being the last match on night one IS the main event. I genuinely don't understand the argument against it? Are we also saying that the acts that go on last on the Friday and Saturday of Glastonbury aren't the headliners? Edit: @d-d-d-dAz erm no crisp slander please. Edited March 30, 2025 by SuperBacon Currently Tomato Wheat Crunchies Quote
Doog Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 It's a main event of sorts, but it's not thee main event.0 Whatever goes on last on night 2 is the main event of WrestleMania, it's the marquee match, the one the company want to close out the whole weekend with, with your biggest stars. That's what it's been since the two night format started. Similar with Glastonbury, the marquee slot is what closes the whole thing. When you're in the night 1 slot for WrestleMania it's basically saying it's a big match but not worthy of headlining and closing the whole weekend. As I say the other argument is that there's a damn good 4 hour one night WrestleMania in some of the cards they've done since the 2 nights, and if that was the case this match would never be the main event. Same with KO/Sami v Usos etc. It's a big achievement, but it's not thee main event. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 Main event chat approaching ratings chat. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 (edited) 6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Main event chat approaching ratings chat. No, ratings are a matter of empirical fact. This is just bad faith nonsense. Also @SuperBacon don't misunderstand me, I'm a big crisp guy. No dips, though. Edited March 30, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 30, 2025 I thought the whole thing just proved the power of promotion. I want to be a snarky, cynical prick about Punk going on last on Night One of a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Extravaganza, but then the fucker starts crying and I'm completely sold on the fiction. Sell it, and I'll buy it. In that one moment, a completely flawed, failed booking suddenly felt massive and earned. Phil will probably get all choked up during the ring announcements on the night and it'll fucking RULE. Then he'll lose clean to Seth. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 2 minutes ago, Supremo said: I thought the whole thing just proved the power of promotion. I want to be a snarky, cynical prick about Punk going on last on Night One of a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Extravaganza, but then the fucker starts crying and I'm completely sold on the fiction. Sell it, and I'll buy it. In that one moment, a completely flawed, failed booking suddenly felt massive and earned. Phil will probably get all choked up during the ring announcements on the night and it'll fucking RULE. Then he'll lose clean to Seth. I actually think they might be about to send Seth down loony bin alley by having him lose to Punk. Almost like giving him a poundshop Adam Page style arc where he descends into madness sparked by Punk's ascent. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 1 hour ago, Doog said: Also, night one isn't really the main event is it. I mean yeah, technically it closes the show, but the real main event is whatever goes on last at the end of the weekend and closes WrestleMania, not just closes until the next night. Think that took away the emotion of it for me, I love Punk so it's not a pop at him per se, but feels like you give the night 1 main event to placate someone and to convince them they're the main event but they're not really. It takes away so much of the shine with it being two nights. And it's not even a thing because the roster is so amazing they have to do two nights so you can count it, a standard 4 hour show like they used to be, with the big stars would be fine, two nights just gets too much filler on anyway. Thank you!! THE main event is night two. Punk isn't main eventing night two. So he still hasn't main evented. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 He's main eventing more than you miserable bastards ever will. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 30, 2025 Posted March 30, 2025 14 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Thank you!! THE main event is night two. Punk isn't main eventing night two. So he still hasn't main evented. I'm genuinely embarrassed for you. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.