Paid Members Supremo Posted March 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 27, 2025 Momentum swings from one company to another. Back and forth. Booms come and go. But there’s one constant, and it’s that Kevin Owens is the best. Kevin Owens has called out Cody Rhodes for being "selfish." "He’s very selfish. I think the fact that he blows about three-quarters of the WWE pyro budget every year keeps a lot of people from getting to have pyro for their entrances. "I requested for years to have pyro added to my entrance... I wanted the same thing [as Psycho Sid], but instead of my name, I just wanted it to say ‘Balls’ with a Z at the end. And they just won’t do it." (Source: @AdrianRadio93) Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 27, 2025 Posted March 27, 2025 It's promotional malpractice how they've benched Sami Zayn and stuck KO with Orton for Mania. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 28, 2025 I didn’t hate Smackdown, but it’s still one big shoulder shrug of a show for Wrestlemania. So Roman/Seth/Punk really is going to close night one. Why? What’s at stake? You can’t prove you’re better than your two opponents, and depending on the circumstances, perhaps not even the one you pin. You can’t really get revenge either, not that anyone in the match seems bothered about doing that. It’s a pointless match, and a slap in the face to the women’s title matches, and Gunther/Jey and even the World title, which couldn’t feel any less important than it does right now. Why bother having two world titles if Cody is going to appear on both shows anyway? I’m glad that Fenix is joining the Snackdown brand, I think there’s much more upside in the former Lucha Bros as singles wrestlers than as a tag team. They seem to have completely dropped the Wyatt Sicks, after a few brief Alexa Bliss teases. Maybe they’ll show up again, but I’m going to predict that this won’t happen. I actually thought it was working reasonably well, and that Bo Dallas was doing a great job, but seemingly Triple H isn’t a fan of the group. I couldn’t feel less enthused about Wrestlemania right now. I’m absolutely amazed that they’ve managed to make as many errors as they have here. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 28, 2025 Posted March 28, 2025 Smackdown started with a fun segment and ended with a pretty great one (even if I still can't abide the triple threat). Punk and Cody are the absolute best right now. Roman could be there too, but don't get the impression he's doing anything but coasting through this Mania season. The tag match was fun, and seeing Fatu was nice, but the rest was a fucking slog. There was like 75 mins in the middle which was absolute death. Zelina Vega getting an anti pop was quite funny too. Quote
digforvictory Posted March 28, 2025 Posted March 28, 2025 CM Punk crying at achieving his lifelong dream of main eventing night 1 of a 2 night Wrestlemania, aka not really main eventing Wrestlemania, in a nothing triple threat match was truly emotional. I thought it was interesting how little of a fuck Roman Reigns seemed to give in that segment. I mean maybe that's part of the act and in character but it felt like the actual real man behind the character didn't really give a shit. With nothing on the line for the triple threat I think they needed to really get across the idea that all 3 hated each other to make the match make sense but I think they've just completely failed at that. I think in kayfabe it makes no sense to have this go on last on night 1. I thought the whole reason CM Punk was mad was because Rollins cost him his chance at the Rumble and the Chamber? But now he's just getting the main event anyway? So he's got no reason to be angry, Roman Reigns doesn't seem to give a shit at all about any of it. That's 2 out of the 3 competitors who aren't that bothered about the match. They've made such a balls up of both Women's world title feuds and Uso vs Gunther that I suppose this is the least worst option though. Quote
Chili Posted March 28, 2025 Posted March 28, 2025 Has Punk just full-on Rey Mysterio'd himself into the big Mania match then? Teddy Long should have announced it. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 28, 2025 Posted March 28, 2025 (edited) 18 minutes ago, digforvictory said: CM Punk crying at achieving his lifelong dream of main eventing night 1 of a 2 night Wrestlemania, aka not really main eventing Wrestlemania, in a nothing triple threat match was truly emotional. I thought it was interesting how little of a fuck Roman Reigns seemed to give in that segment. I mean maybe that's part of the act and in character but it felt like the actual real man behind the character didn't really give a shit. With nothing on the line for the triple threat I think they needed to really get across the idea that all 3 hated each other to make the match make sense but I think they've just completely failed at that. I think in kayfabe it makes no sense to have this go on last on night 1. I thought the whole reason CM Punk was mad was because Rollins cost him his chance at the Rumble and the Chamber? But now he's just getting the main event anyway? So he's got no reason to be angry, Roman Reigns doesn't seem to give a shit at all about any of it. That's 2 out of the 3 competitors who aren't that bothered about the match. They've made such a balls up of both Women's world title feuds and Uso vs Gunther that I suppose this is the least worst option though. I dunno, this felt to me like the first time they've even gotten close to why this makes sense and what motivation any of these men would possibly have to take such a - kayfabe - high risk and low reward match. CM Punk actively searching the contract before signing it was the best bit, hinting that why on earth would he sign it if that clause wasn't in it. He wants a Wrestlemania Main Event, any which way it comes. Rollins? He just wants to fucking stop Punk. Even more so now, he's absolutely furious Punk has gamed a Mania main event and his only recourse is stopping him from - horror of all horrors - winning a Mania main event. And Roman just doesn't give a fuck. He's the superstar, he'll do whatever. These plebs crossed his path and parked their tanks on his lawn so fuck it, he'll fight them. He's the best in the universe in his mind. Just another day at the office. I wish it was a singles match, but this was about as good as they can do to give this some juice and make it make sense. Considering the booking recently? I'll take it. One thing that did occur to me today was, in the venue Cody, Cena, Punk and Roman were over. The only other two that got near them in terms of merch you could see, or chants starting independently of them actually being in the ring were Jey and Rollins. This Mania might not be for me really, but if that is true across their audience you can't argue they've moved the people that matter to their fans into each other's orbit. That's too positive a post for how negative I've been recently. So... erm... Charlotte is absolutely dog shit and ridiculously thin skinned. About 5 people chanted 'fuck you charlotte' and she told the fans to go fuck themselves. Also, I think I'd have been about as over as Michin and Zelina Vega. Oh, and the new ring announcer is shit. 'USA title' indeed. Edited March 28, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 29, 2025 (edited) Check out the little devil on CM Punk’s shoulder, telling him not to give up. Keep fighting for it. One day, your dream will come true! Today was that day. Punk’s dream came true. What he’s tirelessly worked for, seemingly forever. What we thought we’d never see. It happened! It finally happened! CM Punk referenced AEW in a way that was actually funny and got a real reaction from the crowd! Drew McIntyre getting thrown through some real glass, in London, crying in pain, as Punk walks past grinning. Genuinely funny moment. Congratulations, Phil! You did it! Proud of you! This was probably the best episode of WWE television in weeks, which is saying something considering how much shit there still was. The Bad Thirty minute opening promo, leading to an impromptu match. DQ finish in the US Title Match. The Miz vs. Jimmy Uso in two thousand and twenty fucking five. Miz’s attempt at The Rainmaker needs to be seen to be believed. Charlotte forgetting she was a heel for a few minutes, playing babyface to the crowd, before suddenly remembering and flipping them the double bird. I think she might be a bit rubbish, you know. Teasing Charlotte vs. Jade as a future program? Are you out of your fucking mind?! Pretty Deadly were robbed. No boy! As predicted, they didn’t have a particularly good idea as to why the Triple Threat could main event. Just because! The Good Fair play though. Punk’s performance in that closing segment was fantastic. Him crying and then closing the promo on that hook of Heyman still owing him a favour was great. They should have played the Eastenders, “DOOF DOOF,” thing as they faded to black on that line. Punk calling Roman, “the Big Dog,” ruled. This was easily the most engaged and interesting Roman has been in ages, too. Pissing charisma. Smug prick. Couldn’t help but once again imagine how much better all of this would be without Seth Rollins though. He adds nothing. Still wondering if Hunter’s holding some crazy grudge against Punk, too. You can have your Mania Main Event, but it’s only Night One of a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Extravaganza, in a crap Triple Threat, and you’re losing clean to Seth Rollins. Naomi hit a home run promo. She’s carrying this Jade angle. Great new look, too. Genuinely funny when the only reaction Zelina Vega got was everyone cheering and laughing at her getting beaten up three-on-one. Climb in the cupboard with Malakai already! Those smokey vignettes suggest he’s got a cracking vape in there. A few flourishes of great creative that would be commonplace last year. The stuff with Drew and Lewis Capaldi planning a bender, leading to the car angle, leading to Punk smirking as he walked past. And then the stuff where B-Fab and Michin were slagging off Naomi to Jade, leading to Naomi attacking them, leading to Michin starting her match at a disadvantage against Charlotte. All of it felt leagues above what Smackers has delivered recently. Way beyond Road Dogg’s auto-booking capabilities. Rey Fenix! Yes! I’d assumed he was being saved for Mania, but I guess we’re in a Break-Glass-In-Case-of-Emergency situation, with this current run of Smackdown. Must suck for Ricky Saints, watching the Lucha Bros stroll onto the main roster, keeping their names. My son asked if Strowman’s “ONE BIG SOB,” T-shirt meant he liked to cry. Between the material Tiffy was given, and how far apart she was kept from Charlotte, someone clearly got a bollocking over how bad last week was. Much improved, here. Tiffy didn’t look half the loser. Have I mentioned how shit Charlotte is? Drew getting the big babyface reaction again. The man’s got something. This is the way. Funny that both Randy and Drew were also baggsying the next shot at Cody. How often do you see people doing that in the lead up to Wrestlemania? It’s almost like absolutely everyone watching or involved in this product has written this Road to Wrestlemania off as a pile of wank and are already wanting it to be over and on to the next thing. Randy Orton, putting over Cody wrestling in Hell in a Cell with a torn pec, saying he’d never seen skin turn purple like that before. Randall, look in the mirror, mate. Ever since you get on the gear you’re giving Peak Lesnar a run for his money! Cool that they’re putting Bret vs. Stone Cold into the Hall of Fame. Best match ever. Bet they slag Hunter off backstage. Have you heard that Triple H does the best Wrestlemania entrances? Fucker told us himself. So funny that he still thinks that Terminator entrance is anything other than a complete embarrassment. Looks so fucking cheap. That he’s beyond realising is almost enough to make you think he might be a massive mark for himself or something. But yeah. Really funny that Bret can say stuff like this about Hunter publicly, and still be inducted into the Hall of Fame for a second time. A level of don’t-give-a-fuckery we should all strive for. He’d probably say it to Hunter’s face. With tears in his eyes. Edited March 29, 2025 by Supremo Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 I think the beauty of the favour angle is the affection Heyman has for Punk. In Vince's time it'd be a forced favour between enemies, like a bad mafia storyline. But these are bezzie mates. Of course Heyman helped get Punk the main event because he loves him, and its good for Roman too. And of course Roman assumed it WAS the favour because he hasn't got his head around their relationship yet. Lads, more of this and I might get on board. At the back with a look of derision, but on board nonetheless. I want to tag Devvers but he told me off last week because it takes him a week to watch the show.. Quote
OzExile Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 Add some stakes to the triple threat and it's big time. Winner gets Paul Heyman. Whoever takes the pin is banished until they are rehired by the new raw general manager / commissioner Foley. winner gets winner of jey v Gunther on night two, anything. In fact, all of the above. Roman wins, punk takes a few months off and the ulla falla is put around the neck of Jey Uso on the Sunday. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 I've been getting more confident this is what they'd do because it's the only match worthy enough and with a big enough build and interest and they've done absolutely nothing other than rushed thrown together segments and interactions which is so disappointing. I think I feel similar to quite a few people that the difference between wrestlemania this year and last is shocking, they gave everything to build and make everything feel like a wrestlemania card but they've done so little for everything there's nothing that feels exciting it's a bunch of matches like playing create a ppv on a smackdown game and it's effected all of it I'm barely bothered about anything from the collective/mania week Bonanza. Genuinely care punk is getting his flowers and place deserved Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 A few more enjoyable things on this show but definitely glad I didn't give in to my temptation to buy tickets. Wouldn't have been worth the money they were asking in the slightest. Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 d-d-d-dAz making perfect, positive sense of the rational for the triple threat is the road to WrestleMania twist I didn't know I needed. It's still been underwhelming, but I'm buying it. And people will dress down how Punk's actually got there with varying degrees of humour and disgruntled peer cynicism but WrestleMania's actual main event has been a superfluous non-certainty constantly since like the 2000s. The boy did it. Like Liverpool winning the covid league, it's still going on the books and he'll have that shit eating grin all the way to the bank forevermore whilst the rest of us hash out the validity of it. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 Another negative post, but I feel like I've been making this point for 5 years; How is Montez Ford STILL in that tag team? He absolutely oozes star power and physical charisma. I don't know what Triple H sees as being the biggest blocker to him being a big star. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.