Paid Members air_raid Posted March 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2025 10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: HHH's favourite. Fitting because several of his Mania main events seemed to suck time out of the universe. Quote
Jacko Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 Well that was shit. This years wrestlemania build seems to be stuck in neutral Quote
Captain SlackBladder Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 I fell asleep not long after marvelling at the fact Big Jim can pull off a dive to the outside better than his twin, then go and balls the next one up within minutes. I woke up up to a load of masturbatery sign pointing. Crowd seemed into it though, so they will count this as a win. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 I watched Severance instead of this. I feel justified in my decision. I'm not sure I'll even bother with any shows before Mania at this rate. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 I liked the brawl. Was fun. The sign pointing was cheesy but it was always cheesy. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 18 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: I liked the brawl. Was fun. The sign pointing was cheesy but it was always cheesy. Its cheesy enough during a promo. Stopping to do it during a supposedly heated brawl is just fucking stupid. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 You wonder how AJ feels watching these episodes of Smackdown a few weeks later. Am I wrong? Is Road Dogg a shit writer? …Is the Earth a sphere? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 (edited) 48 minutes ago, Supremo said: You wonder how AJ feels watching these episodes of Smackdown a few weeks later. Am I wrong? Is Road Dogg a shit writer? To be fair on him, Raw’s also been pretty dull, so he can quite honestly say he’s not changed the standard of what they’re doing right now. But my goodness, that was a boring show. The only positive thing I was able to take from it was that I genuinely learned something new through Randy Orton’s promo. I always thought his theme song was said the voices ‘talk to me, they understand’ - turn out it’s ’council me’ and I’ve been mishearing it for decades. And did I completely imagine the Street Profits heel turn? What the fuck was that segment? Clearly the crowd was on their side, but Ford and Dawkins seemed to completely drop the characters they’d been playing as of late. The tag division is tedious on Smackdown, but I’d enjoyed their character work. This was a giant leap backwards. It’s rare that I am this negative about a show - but I genuinely have nothing good to say about it. It was a total waste of time tuning in for that. At least the crowd seemed to have fun. Edited March 21, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
digforvictory Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 Another boring slog of a show I'm afraid. It's a good job they're not doing their usual pre Wrestlemania schedule with all the shows in America because my God can you imagine how bad these shows would have been in front of the regular crowds? The Mania build has been a sloppy mess. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: The only positive thing I was able to take from it was that I genuinely learned something new through Randy Orton’s promo. I always thought his theme song was said the voices ‘talk to me, they understand’ - turn out it’s ’council me’ and I’ve been mishearing it for decades. The "Talk to Me" part is in their it's after the "they understand" part I didn't know it was "council me" either though I always thought it was "come to me" So I've always heard it as "I hear Voices in my head, they come to me, they understand, they talk to me" Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 Poor Zelina Vega, literally zero crowd reaction. In fact most of the night they were quiet, worst European crowd in years. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 Lads, I don't think this triple threat idea was a good one. Really terrible Mania build, though I'm at least getting some validation from people coming round to my way of thinking. This year of WWE TV so far has been predominantly ice cold, with even it's 'high points' actually a muddled mess. The fact that the big gold belt is STILL with Gunther and Jey is mad, too. Call an audible. Get those lads that WWE SPEED title or whatever the fuck it was called, and put the big gold belt in the triple threat or something. Rubbish. It's all rubbish. It's just wrestler soup, as they've failed to make ruthless decisions about what the big matches should be, so everyone's just floating around together. Shite. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 40 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: The fact that the big gold belt is STILL with Gunther and Jey is mad, too. Call an audible. Get those lads that WWE SPEED title or whatever the fuck it was called, and put the big gold belt in the triple threat or something. I’m fine with that match, even if I don’t personally care for it, although the World Heavyweight title might as well be the WWE Speed belt for how they’re treating it. The WWE title - supposedly a Smackdown belt - is more prominently featured on Raw than Gunther’s title. Even so, that match would have been fine had they not pissed up the rest of the card. Roman/Punk is a genuine dream match, and the fact they’re wasting their first bout as part of a triple threat is bonkers. Imagine if they’d taken Rock/Hogan at Wrestlemania 18, and added Chris Jericho to the mix? Cena/Cody and Roman/Punk would have been enough to carry both shows. And Rhea/Bianca would have more than carried the load on the women’s side. But the card as it stands is seriously disappointing. It even looks like they’re ditching Fatu/Solo in favour of including both men in a multi-person US title match. They’re absolutely squandering anything mildly interesting they have going right now. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 I just realized, with the gradual watering down of PLEs, inclusion of huge amounts of filler and running the fewest number of matches possible, there’s a chance this years 2-night Mania will have fewer matches than some of the traditional one night affairs. Stupendous. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 The only highlight was the smile on Punk's face as the Italian crowd sang "Like Mussolini" Barring that they need to get Paul Heyman one of those black horse yolks that they use at the world gurning championships because his facial expressions when he was looking at Seth Rollins would win him the title. Absolutely ridiculous. It was good of Zelina Vega to show her husband what kind of crowd reaction he will get after a couple of weeks of his spooky bollocks returning. Cold as a witches tit. The rest was instantly forgettable which considering Jacob Fatu was on is remarkable work. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.