DavidB6937 Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 Just you wait when it's revealed that he's actually starring in Split 2 and these are all just different Rocks. Then you'll look silly. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 I’m part way through my mid-morning sort of watch of SmackDown - when Tiff started wrestling Chelsea I was terrified I’d be wheeling out my third Garth of the month but they did the right thing. Andrade vs Jacob was excellent, the most I’ve enjoyed a foregone conclusion match in years. Their skillsets complemented each other perfectly! Wade called a Poison rana! The ref was rather attractive! Great stuff all round though hot on the heels of Tozawa doing Trouble In Paradise quite close to a New Day match the other day, I was surprised to see Fatu do the Prettiest Moonsault Ever straight after Strattons match. If ever there was a time to bring back the non-canon self contained Battleworld of the MMC, it’s now - I’d be totally onboard for the unlikely romance of Tiffy & Fatty. It’s giving “He’s All That” vibes is what I’d say if that was a film I’d seen. Or just go full blown cultural exchange and do “Fatu & Stratu, The Headshrinkers.” It’s weird how though the tag team scene has numerous teams involved, it feels really played out. I hope the Hardys last hurrah leads to a flashback match with the Guns, that at least would be novel. As soon as as Priest came out to interrupt DM Hunk I assumed it would be a simple “continue the build to their inevitable singles match at Mania” but when Rollins came down too, I immediately shouted (internally) “THATS your triple threat!” Keep Rollins away from Reigns vs My Phil. Unless Dwayne, Eater of Souls is robbing me of that himself. He’s on the board, what have you done? Meanwhile the real best baddie continues to be Logan. I didn’t get to watch the six woman yet, which is a shame, it will be the best match. Liv’s a consistent “five stars” from me these days. There’s a joke in there linking “Omega” and “Oblivion” but I’m not yet awake enough to make it. RAID OUT Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Just you wait when it's revealed that he's actually starring in Split 2 and these are all just different Rocks. Then you'll look silly. Apologies for your double post but… there’s your Secret Wars. Don’t worry, Doom will save us all. He’s the OTC. I just realized if I made Rocky into Galactus in my previous post, Paul Heyman could have been the Silver Surfer. What a sight that would be. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 I loved that he claimed he's a medium now. He can talk to the dead! Maybe he'll impart that wisdom to Cody if he sells his soul. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 38 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: I loved that he claimed he's a medium now. He can talk to the dead! Maybe he'll impart that wisdom to Cody if he sells his soul. It's a shame he can only talk to the dead. If he could do resurrections, I might have more faith in this Final Boss character. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: I loved that he claimed he's a medium now. He can talk to the dead! You've set this up so nicely that I have to slot the ball into the open goal. IF HE CAN TALK TO THE DEAD HE SHOULD BE IN FRONT OF AN AEW CROWD AMIRITE!!! LADS LADS LADS. Spoiler Sorry but it had to be done ☹️ Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 Last year, the only saving grace was that we only got one week of Sad, Confused, Little Brother Cody. This year, there’s been about three or four already. He looks like such a loser. A million miles from the heroic, top babyface he’s become. Honestly, it’s as if The Rock doesn’t clue him up beforehand and Cody’s constantly left baffled and confused, trying to react in real time. Like he’s stuck in an endless episode of, “Whose Line is it, Anyway?” completely against his will. Get Ryan Stiles or Tony Slattery on the phone, Cody! Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Get Ryan Stiles or Tony Slattery on the phone, Cody! That might be difficult. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 1, 2025 Members Posted March 1, 2025 8 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: That might be difficult. 3 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: I loved that he claimed he's a medium now. He can talk to the dead! Maybe he'll impart that wisdom to Cody if he sells his soul. Should be fine. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 I’ve seen the rest of the show now - six woman was good fun, shame we missed Raquel Diesel’s heat stretch to an ad break. Evading the split legged moonsault to do that Snake Eyes-stun gun was very nice. Bayley doing three dives in a row was the most interesting she’s been for ages, her getting pinned by Roxi made sense even if Bliss attacking The Juicy at the end felt out of nowhere to me. Gun to my head, however… I’d have preferred Bayley losing to Lyra in the qualifier than to Perez here. The WICT would have benefited, rather than currently looking like the losers division title. Didnt watch Rock talking at Cody. Why would I? The meat on the bones will be tonight. Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 Only saw the image of Rock's 'Cody's Soul' belt but laughed my balls off at it. Bet Gewirtz had a cigarette in bed after typing that one out. Can't wait for the resulting Behind The Definitely Our Intention doc where they bang on about taking fans on the ride of their lives etc. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 The Rock putting Cody's dad's death date as a way to entice him is certainly a choice. No doubt Dusty told him to do it during one of their many paranormal conversations. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 (edited) The Rock after cutting that hilarious promo to HHH, 'tonight-ahh, I am the Game-ahh' and capping it off with saying in this very ring I will be talking and saying absolutely nothing for the next 20 minutes has now absolutely mastered that art himself. Edited March 1, 2025 by NeverYield Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 Wow, they really doubled-down on the ‘soul’ stuff. That was odd. I can’t remember who suggested it, but a Logan Paul/Rock partnership seems a very plausible outcome of this whole thing. I’m hoping we get Logan Paul vs CM Punk at Wrestlemania, instead of the triple threat. Their mic battles are a bit like a weaker version of MJF/Punk, but I’ll take it over the alternative. 5 hours ago, air_raid said: It’s weird how though the tag team scene has numerous teams involved, it feels really played out. I do wonder if I’d feel differently about the tag division if AEW didn’t exist. It is, in theory, a dose of quality wrestling each week, but that’s not hard to find these days. Even though the tag belts are involved, it just doesn’t feel like there’s a purpose to any of it. Still, Montez Ford looks like the coolest man on the planet, and the Street Profits are fantastic heels. They’re a step above everyone else in this division and really do deserve a bigger push. Roxanne Perez is absolutely incredible, she’s fast become one of my favourite wrestlers to watch. Tiffany Stratton, on the other hand…man, that opening promo was painful. She’s like Mercedes Mone in AEW, except her ring work - while solid - isn’t quite good enough to make me forget what a horrendous character she is. She’s one of my least favourite wrestlers in some time, I find her totally unwatchable. Jacob Fatu had another great showing here, and I think they’d be making a mistake to do heel Fatu vs babyface Solo, as the fans will side with Fatu. Solo/Jimmy vs Fatu/Tonga is the way forward. Aside from the fact a Solo/Jimmy reunion will be a nice moment, I don’t think they’d should turn Fatu babyface just yet. I’d be seriously intrigued to see a heel Fatu wrestle Cody or Cena for the title. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 (edited) Could Punk be the one to sell his soul instead? I would love a heel run from Phil, and him actually selling out to become Company Man Punk, would be great. And if they need to tie it into the Heyman favor, then just say that Heyman had a word with Rock, and that's why it's happening. It may be shit but it'd really heat up a dead and cold mania build. Edited March 1, 2025 by TheScarlettChad Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.