Paid Members air_raid Posted February 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 22, 2025 3 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Wait, was Dakota Kai on this week? It’s funny, while I’ve done a fair bit of reminiscing recently about how the build and execution of Mania 40 made it one of most satisfying shows of the last 25 years, I neglected to mention a thought I had watching Dakota winning last week - that they really didn’t capitalise enough on her one night transformation into the sexiest woman that ever lived. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 22, 2025 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: How would everyone feel about CM Punk being the guy who sells his soul to Dwayne? It may get him his precious main event. I don’t think it would work, but I’m not sure it would work as well with anyone as it would Cody - especially if the idea is to run a Cody/Cena match. You’d have Cody doing the one thing Cena never did - selling out his principles and turning heel, and that would make for an interesting dynamic. It could certainly be entertaining with other wrestlers, but I just don’t think it would work as well with someone else. I mean, it might work well with Cena himself, aligning himself with Rock because he is desperate to win that last title; but I think that’s unlikely. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 10 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I mean, it might work well with Cena himself, aligning himself with Rock because he is desperate to win that last title; but I think that’s unlikely. I’d love that. They never wanted to turn him heel but why not, if he’s finishing up anyway? Then you get to beat him by an up and coming babyface on the way out rather than risk a Corbin situation. I still think defiant hero Cena pulling a Rocky (n. Dwayne) and slaying Gunther Drago was the way they they should have gone but hey ho, the Yeetle have spoken. Quote
Chili Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 So is The Rock's we don't need to tell the story in a match, his way of saying "I understand the logical scenario in a wrestling angle format would be for myself as egotistical heel, to eventually lose the big match, and that is most definitely not happening' yeah? Or is it just idiots thinking what they do is actually above what they're really doing which is just wrestling as Paul Heyman wanks off in a corner thinking he's made Boardwalk Empire? Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 (edited) Gallus trained The Rock for last year’s Wrestlemania, didn’t they? I reckon Rock just didn’t fancy spending any more time with those whoppers. Don’t need to be trained for a match if you don’t bother having one. Delete Joe Coffey’s number. *All said and done, if this leads to a Cena heel turn, joining forces with the Rock as the FINAL BOSSES, then I reserve the right to wank myself silly over what was quite clearly the greatest night in the history of our sport. Pints of ket for everyone. Edited February 23, 2025 by Supremo Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 There are actually a number of good scenarios being thrown out that could make this Cody/Rock thing work. I'm pretty sure none of them will happen but the options are enough to at least keep me intrigued. I think the tough thing about the way we all fantasy book in our heads is sometimes the reality just can't live up to it. It's that strange thing about wrestling because it veers so much into the entertainment side of things. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 39 minutes ago, Chili said: So is The Rock's we don't need to tell the story in a match, his way of saying "I understand the logical scenario in a wrestling angle format would be for myself as egotistical heel, to eventually lose the big match, and that is most definitely not happening' yeah? Or is it just idiots thinking what they do is actually above what they're really doing which is just wrestling as Paul Heyman wanks off in a corner thinking he's made Boardwalk Empire? This is what I’m getting from the (admittedly limited) bits I’ve seen and read on this. I’m nowhere near as up on current WWE as you lot but the first place my mind goes to now whenever they try to act like wrestling is something other than wrestling, disappearing up their own arse like it’s some high performance art, is that they’ve been drinking that famous Paul Heyman ‘Kool Aid’ the ECW lot used to get laughed at for. They finally got rid of the old mental pervert who wouldn’t let them call it wrestling, they can call it wrestling again. But no, it’s “this is cinema” bollocks. Stories with no matches? Yeah, we smell what you’re cooking, Rock. We’ve already got that. It’s called Emmerdale. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 It’ll take a megapint of ketamine, laced with Teremana plus Prime to taste, to make me forget “I want your soul.” As mentioned, it’s the Debra we didn’t need. Or maybe, if we want to incorporate the Reigns/Rock revenge arc with Cody and Roman as the heroes, it’s an allusion to The Ministry Of Darkness (Corporate Ministry?) and we’re fully Secret Wars-ing this shit with Taker coming out of retirement to seek yet more revenge on Roman for retiring him in the Mania 33 of a different timeline! It would make little less sense than Taker & Kane vs DX happening in 2018, really. @The King of Old School No, this is not a serious suggestion. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 Cena and The Rock vs. Cody and Vin Diesel. Even CM Punk would be like, “fair enough, I don’t deserve to main event over that.” Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Cena and The Rock vs. Cody and Vin Diesel. Even CM Punk would be like, “fair enough, I don’t deserve to main event over that.” If this was WCW circa 1997, they'd totally do this as a tie in for Fast 11 or whatever it's called Quote
Mr_Danger Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 Forget your dream scenarios of Punk or Cena heel turns teaming up with The Rock. About a year ago I prophesied that Logan Paul would become The Rocks best boy and Uncle Rocky would sugar daddy him to big gold. So it shall be. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: Stories with no matches? Yeah, we smell what you’re cooking, Rock. We’ve already got that. It’s called Emmerdale. I think Timeless Toni said it best, if you want cinema go watch a fucking movie Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 I wonder if we'll find out what Rock put in Cody's hand last year before we find out what he meant with all this 'soul' nonsense. If you think about it, most of what The Rock has tried to do with his own creative since he came back has been absolute non-sensical Bullshit. He only got interesting briefly after being forced to listen to the fans for a bit. But, stealing Cody's title shot, the weird palming off a gift to Cody, the Netflix premiere, NXT and now this? Absolute cobblers. Wrestlers, regardless of their stature, shouldn't be allowed to lead on their own creative. My main issue with The Rock, above all else though, is something I've moaned about on here before; he clearly thinks he's above wrestling. He's the heir apparent to Vince's weird brand of addiction to wrestling, hatred of wrestling and self loathing for not being able to cut it off entirely. The best thing about the new era of WWE, and I think the extent of the change has been exaggerated in some quarters, is that it's felt like the company quite likes wrestling. Or at least doesn't think you're a cunt for liking it. Then The Rock turns up and just makes you feel a twat for even bothering watching it. Quote
Gooner Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 It's great to see The Rock back, I have no idea where they are going with this storyline but I look forward to seeing in the forthcoming weeks how it all plays out and as we get closer to Wrestlemania what all the matches will be as i believe as it stands the only matches set it stone are Gunther vs. Jey Uso and Tiffany Stratton vs. Charlotte Flair. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 38 minutes ago, Gooner said: It's great to see The Rock back, I have no idea where they are going with this storyline but I look forward to seeing in the forthcoming weeks how it all plays out and as we get closer to Wrestlemania what all the matches will be as i believe as it stands the only matches set it stone are Gunther vs. Jey Uso and Tiffany Stratton vs. Charlotte Flair. You're not seeing Dwayne again until EC and then probably April for Mania. He's not going to be around mucb Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.