d-d-d-dAz Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 Just now, RedTwoster said: Shunt him in the Gunther/Jey match and make it a triple threat. Everyone else is doing it, and it’s a rare case in which it would actually make sense. Sami has a long-established relationship with Jey, and plenty of history with Gunther, including a win over the guy at Wrestlemania. It would make the match better, and probably improve the story surrounding it too. You and me are going to have problems. Quote
Tennessee Moltisanti Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 I barely watch WWE, in fact, I think I've only seen some clips from the last few years, rarely watched a full match bar one or 2, but I saw that Smackdown was on at a reasonable time yesterday and checked out that main event segment, and I thought it was awful. 3 man brawls can't be done well, and it looked like play fighting. 3 guys, shouting at each other, taking turns, and then pointing to the Wrestlemania logo. Paul Heyman looked absolutely ridiculous. Punk with his new Vince McMahon hair, Rollins dressed like a handbag, at least Roman wore some fantastic sneakers. Quote
Mr Butternut Squash Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 Thought I'd check Smackdown as it was on at a reasonable time and skipped through basically everything. What a nothing happening Main event segment that was. Just the most cookie cutter shit. Triple threat is obviously a rubbish idea (and it's shocking outside of this place how many people see Punk as the unwanted spare part) but I'm not even sure Punk vs Roman would be much better. Roman, God bless him, clearly has his feet up these days and just isn't a compelling character right now. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 (edited) Who knows. There’s every chance it’s not a wind up on Punk. Maybe they genuinely think this Triple Threat is a good idea. This is the best they’ve got. All I’m saying is that if I held a quiet, decade-long grudge against Punk, it would be quite funny to finally give him his Wrestlemania Main Event in a crap, rubbish multi-man. Even funnier to then also comedically photoshop the shit out of him in the graphic. Man looks like a cartoon! Edited March 22, 2025 by Supremo Quote
FUM Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 15 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said: Roman, God bless him, clearly has his feet up these days and just isn't a compelling character right now. To be fair, he did warn us he would be nothing without his championship. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 Two months we’ve known that Punk v Reigns was going to collide with that Seth Rollins shaped iceberg yet announcing it officially still managed to leave me with a sense of massive disappointment Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 Jey Uso definitely isn't main eventing that's for damn sure. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 17 minutes ago, Supremo said: Who knows. There’s every chance it’s not a wind up on Punk. Maybe they genuinely think this Triple Threat is a good idea. This is the best they’ve got. All I’m saying is that if I held a quiet, decade-long grudge against Punk, it would be quite funny to finally give him his Wrestlemania Main Event in a crap, rubbish multi-man. Even funnier to then also comedically photoshop the shit out of him in the graphic. Man looks like a cartoon! @Devon Malcolm - I want you to look at this poster. Keep looking. You promised. I find the whole idea of the triple threat so absurd. I keep waiting for it to be revealed that the winner will get a title shot the next night or something, anything to give it a point. I have a good mate who bought tickets and flights for this year's Mania, partly under the assumption it HAD to be Rock v either Cody or Roman. The last Mania he'd paid to go to was 35. I don't love The Rock, but if I'd shelled out for Mania this year I'd be utterly bereft. Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 I wish I hadn't seen how Roman Reign's name isn't properly centered on that poster, because I'm probably going to get a really bad night's sleep now. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 They're almost definitely using some kind of AI filter on posters like that, it's not the first time people have looked "off". Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 @d-d-d-dAz Stop tagging me in these threads before I've watched the shows you berk! You know it takes me about 3 days (4 if I've got an especially long Euro Truck Simulator 2 delivery). Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: @d-d-d-dAz Stop tagging me in these threads before I've watched the shows you berk! You know it takes me about 3 days (4 if I've got an especially long Euro Truck Simulator 2 delivery). Absolutely not. I tag you, I don't force you to click. You click because you know what you've done. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 It's an odd one this year for sure, last year then genuinely seemed to turn chicken sht into chicken soup, and yet this year it feels like the opposite is happening. All the pieces were already aligning... Roman v Punk Sammi v KO Solo v Fatu Bianca v Rhea But they seem stuck in the "we need to pivot" mode from last year, very odd. Anyway my genie said I have one wish left, so Punk's favour is obviously a singles main event with Roman. Then Becky can come back and her and Seth can have a tag in the middle of the pre show against Miz and Maryse. Please and thank you. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: Jey Uso definitely isn't main eventing that's for damn sure. I think he might - I could see them closing night one with a Jey Uso title win. There’s just as much chance he’ll open the show, but I think a night one main event slot is very possible. I don’t think they’ll have Punk/Reigns/Rollins main event, on account of it being an utterly pointless match. Regardless of who wins, what difference does it make? What score does it really settle? I think it’s a match that’ll transition into a singles feud between Punk and Roman; and it’ll be placed accordingly. If they’d gone ahead with Rhea/Bianca I could have seen that close night one, but I don’t think Iyo/Bianca/Rhea will. Tiffany/Charlotte feels ice cold to the point I can’t imagine they don’t recognise that, so I don’t think that’ll get the nod. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: I I think it’s a match that’ll transition into a singles feud between Punk and Roman; and it’ll be placed accordingly. I think that would only work if Romans going to stick around for the next B show, which I doubt. Mind you, we live in a weird world where the top stars don’t actually wrestle all that often. Realistically whether Punk or Reigns win, it’s going to be weird if winning a match of such magnitude doesn’t get the winner immediately in line for the next title shot, and yet, that’s probably what’s going to happen. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.