Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2025 2 hours ago, Supremo said: Biggest news from this week is that it appears they’re splitting up The Miz and Karrion Kross by moving The Miz to Smackdown! Absolutely diabolical decision, if true. They’re a great double act. Anyway, a reminder of the, “GOAT,” that’s returning. This is like one of those Chikara matches that goes into slow motion. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2025 Going to ignore these comments about Charlotte Flair because I took an extra day off work and watched Smacksown against my better judgement and it was good, so I'm in a good mood. Arseholes. Great crowd and a proper interview between Joe and Rhodes, complete with a small Kevin Owens chant! They're going to have to keep an eye on that, aren't they? Rumble's going to be interesting if Cody wins. Pretty Deadly and MCMG had a match I was going to fast-forward through but I'm glad I didn't because it was surprisingly good! They should turn Pretty Deadly babyface, I reckon they'd be really popular. There was a lot of DIY on this show though, which nobody has ever asked for, and they're doing a 2/3 falls match with MCMG at the Rumble?! You have limited space in your PPV for regular matches and you pick that? Fucking hell. And Apollo Crews actually beat someone and it was Gargano. Baffling, but ok. I did notice that Matthew McConaughey had gone for a piss during this match though. Understandable. Disappointed they split the Miz and Kross up as well but Miz was very funny on this episode and even got a laugh out of A-Town Down Under. The Jacob Fatu / Braun Strowman video was like something out a 1990s DTV sci-fi action film, probably starring Olivier Gruner, but in a good way. And their brief interaction was superb. Can't bloody wait (I haven't watch SNME at time of writing). Loved the Owens / Joe / McConaughey segment with Wade Barrett backing away slowly and Jimmy Uso coming out. There were lots of good little segments like this all night rather than just matches. The Michin / Chelsea Green thing has to end though. I know it's an actual story but Chelsea needs to work with someone people care about and you can hear silent farts when Michin comes out, even if she is quite good. Main Event Damian Priest has swapped over, which I'm fine about. I reckon they'll have him beat Nakamura for the US title. Good match with Carmelo Hayes too, who's been booked well enough for it not to feel like a burial. They had one of those 'everyone comes out' segments that are often shite but at least they're now remembering there's a Women's Rumble match. Is Tiffy a babyface now? She acted like one and then did a runner when everyone started fighting and she wasn't in the tag match, which was actually loads of fun. Looking forward to Jade Cargill coming back and battering Backstabber Bianca Belair. Knight and Tonga had a match, I didn't care. Then Owens came out in another award winning top choice. Disturbing they sell Naomi tops in XXXXL though, even in America. Jimmy's much better than Jey in the ring but I don't know about him as a single. Much better episode though! Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 Jacob Fatu makes me feel alive whilst watching him. He is absolutely electric, and him vs Priest would be an absolutely superb feud. If I wasn't a 37 year old, white, out of shape, department head... I'd buy a Jacob Fatu t-shirt or something. Yadadadamean? FA...TUUUUUU ? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 That man could read the damn phone book and I'd feel like he's about to murder someone. What a guy. Good luck to everyone else in the Rumble. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2025 17 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Jacob Fatu makes me feel alive whilst watching him. He is absolutely electric, and him vs Priest would be an absolutely superb feud. If I wasn't a 37 year old, white, out of shape, department head... I'd buy a Jacob Fatu t-shirt or something. Yadadadamean? FA...TUUUUUU ? order one in, wear it proudly Daz Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 The other thing I thought wasn't great necessarily, but opened up a potential world of great... Punk v Owens. That feels like it'd be a final test for Phil and his newfound bonhomie. If he can survive a feud with Owens and KO tearing him to shreds on the mic? Then I guess miracles do exist, and the transformation is real. So, I think what I'm pitching for Mania at this point is; Night 1: Cody v Punk main event, Jacob Fatu promo as co-main Night 2: Roman v Punk main event, Jacob Fatu promo as co-main Bonus Night 3: KO v Punk main event, Jacob Fatu promo as co-main Great. Glad that's sorted. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2025 With thirteen eliminations being the record in a single Royal Rumble match, I wouldn't be against Jacob Fatu doubling that and going for twenty six. Have the first forty-five minutes of the match just be Jacob chucking lads out, cutting mad promos in between, and then the last ten minutes can be the rest of the top guys fighting to win. Punk and Owens felt electric. I swear you can smell danger though. There's something there similar to Punk and Hangman, where it feels like it could go off the rails if they start improvising. Excited to see them eventually feud after Mania. Once again, the next CM Punk feud is always the most exciting fued. Not satisfied being the best commentator in the game, and not even satisfied now proving to be the best in-ring interviewer in the game, Joe Tessitore proved on this show that he's also an excellent TV character. So fucking good in that opening segment. He's got so much goodwill and gravitas in the bank, that Kevin Owens asking if he was a tough guy felt like a terrifying transgression. Can you even imagine the day someone actually shoves Our Joe? It's going to feel humongous. Final prediction is Punk wins The Rumble, after Heyman pulls Roman out, similar to Hulk and Sid. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 (edited) Punk also looks in tremendous shape. The caveat there is always 'by his standards', but he looks as if he's really got stuck into whatever WWE are offering for training and rehab. The bouffant needs to go though. The lady who does his hair and make up (I'm not being sexist, he's regularly a bit too familiar with her - and Rhea Ripley - on Instagram) needs to just pin a picture of his Survivor Series return up on a wall and just do that. Plus, he should definitely see a sleep therapist. But, broadly speaking, tremendous shape... ...by his standards Edited February 1, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
uklaw Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 I’m much more invested in Damien Priest now than at any point when he was World Champion. He’s more comfortable on the mic, and gets across the badass aspect of his presentation, especially when confronting someone. See his exchange with the sublime Jacob Fatu. It feels like they got it back to front with him, whereby they honed his presentation and mic skills after the horse had bolted. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 19 minutes ago, uklaw said: I’m much more invested in Damien Priest now than at any point when he was World Champion. He’s more comfortable on the mic, and gets across the badass aspect of his presentation, especially when confronting someone. See his exchange with the sublime Jacob Fatu. It feels like they got it back to front with him, whereby they honed his presentation and mic skills after the horse had bolted. I think being champ gave him the confidence to be who he is now. He'll definitely have another run one day and it'll be a far more comfortable and believable one. Quote
FUM Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I think being champ gave him the confidence to be who he is now. He'll definitely have another run one day and it'll be a far more comfortable and believable one. In hindsight, he’s the only guy who has made that World Championship feel like it actually meant anything. Good to see the didn’t go with the age old big Rumble brawl on the go home show. Echo every bit of praise for Fatu, he is a monster. Looks like he may get stuck in the tag division for a bit but I’m fine with him murdering Johnny Gargano for now. Quote
Chili Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 If Heyman turns heel on Roman to help Punk, my apologies to everyone who then has to sit through all of Heyman's acting after that in his promos. Got his eye on that Emmy still. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 Turning Punk heel would feel a bit random at the moment. Not against it at some point but doesn't feel like they've really been building to that beyond the "favour" stuff. Will be interesting to see what comes of it. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Turning Punk heel would feel a bit random at the moment. Not against it at some point but doesn't feel like they've really been building to that beyond the "favour" stuff. Will be interesting to see what comes of it. I dunno, it felt like they went a bit Chekhov Rifle with him last night when he went so heavy on how he's never had to rely on other people to win titles or get opportunities. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 1, 2025 Posted February 1, 2025 3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I dunno, it felt like they went a bit Chekhov Rifle with him last night when he went so heavy on how he's never had to rely on other people to win titles or get opportunities. Just feels like they've built him up as a "good" (ish) guy since he's come back in all his feuds so just feels a bit strange timing to me. Not saying it can't work and I enjoy his heel work so we'll see. I think I just need a bit more motivation there to justify it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.