Paid Members JLM Posted January 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2025 37 minutes ago, Chili said: I see her name and wonder if the surname is a reference to Dorothy Stratten. Although that would be quite fitting, she’s said in interviews that Tiffany is her mum’s name, and she took Stratton from Stratton Oakmont after watching The Wolf of Wallstreet. Creative whittled it down to that or Veronica Swanson, and she was able to go with the one she’d submitted herself. Quote
Chili Posted January 11, 2025 Posted January 11, 2025 22 minutes ago, JLM said: Although that would be quite fitting, she’s said in interviews that Tiffany is her mum’s name, and she took Stratton from Stratton Oakmont after watching The Wolf of Wallstreet. Creative whittled it down to that or Veronica Swanson, and she was able to go with the one she’d submitted herself. Ahhh thanks for the fun fact. Veronica Swanson doesn't click as well so the right choice was made. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2025 4 hours ago, The King of Old School said: If Punk/Reigns happens at Mania it has to be for the real WWE title, have one of them beat Cody for it at EC. You can't have the biggest match at Mania being for the participation belt. I’m not sure why this is a consideration here? I don’t follow the logic that if neither is going to beat Cody it means Gunther has to lose his title. Punk vs Reigns as just a match to see who wins plus two title matches looks better on the marquee, especially if one is Gunther vs Cena. No sense cutting Gunthers legs off now. 4 hours ago, Callum1993 said: If PWInsider are to be believed Was it them that swore the plan for 40 was Rock vs Reigns, Cody vs Punk and Rollins vs Gunther as Rumble winner? Truck of salt. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 I tried watching this but it's too long. Going from 4 to 6 hours wrestling in a week is not doable, the daft cunts. I saw Chelsea Green and Jacob Fatu and Elektra Lopez and one of Pretty Deadly go "DIY! Where are yoooooou?!" and that'll do me. Quote
The King of Old School Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 9 hours ago, air_raid said: I’m not sure why this is a consideration here? I don’t follow the logic that if neither is going to beat Cody it means Gunther has to lose his title. Punk vs Reigns as just a match to see who wins plus two title matches looks better on the marquee, especially if one is Gunther vs Cena. No sense cutting Gunthers legs off now. What are you on about? I said that one of them should beat Cody and have Reigns/Punk for the real WWE title. Gunther can keep his runner up belt aslong as he wants. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 12, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted January 12, 2025 (edited) In contrast to most/all of you, I had a good time with this show. I’ve ploughed through all the WWE TV this week (giving it a try because Netflix) and found this by far the easiest watch and closest to my tastes. They showcased range of people, there was interesting storyline stuff, the commentary and ring announcing was way ahead of NXT and Raw respectively… Maybe it’s just because I always liked SmackDown over Raw, because it was the one they showed on Sky One on a Saturday morning in the 00s. But I can see myself reliving that and sticking this on quite regularly on a Saturday morning again. I can’t see myself watching another full Raw for a good while. Edit: One thing I’ve noticed on both shows that I liked - they’ve stopped calling it the “Royal Rumble match” and now it’s just the “Royal Rumble” again and that’s great. New this year? Edited January 12, 2025 by HarmonicGenerator It is now time, for the ROYAL RUMBLE! Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 1 hour ago, The King of Old School said: What are you on about? I said that one of them should beat Cody and have Reigns/Punk for the real WWE title. Gunther can keep his runner up belt aslong as he wants. The paragraph read to me that you were suggesting Punk vs Reigns would be the biggest match at Mania, and it should be for the “real title” and not the “participation belt.” Otherwise I don’t see what one has to do with the other. If you weren’t… then I’m even more confused. It thus suggests Gunther vs X would become the “biggest match at Mania” over Punk vs Reigns or Cody defending the “real title” without volunteering who Rhodes’ challenger would be either. Who do you have Cody with that makes Gunthers match (presumably with Cena) bigger? I can only imagine if it’s Gunther vs Cena and Punk vs Reigns it leaves Cody with The Rock. Which definitely goes on last on night 2 and makes it THE main event. That’s what I think it will be now they’ve blown off Punk vs Rollins and Reigns vs Solo, mercifully. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 18 hours ago, air_raid said: Wonder if there’s anything to that fake(?) Rumble format leaked that has Rock entering as number 31(!) but Cena still winning? On the subject of that, I’m starting to wonder if that was indeed legit, thanks to the detail of Stratton being listed as champion. This was ‘leaked’ prior to her win, and it’s quite a bold guess if it is indeed fake. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 Just now, RedTwoster said: This was ‘leaked’ prior to her win, and it’s quite a bold guess if it is indeed fake. I dunno, it’s not like they’d have much time left for her to cash in either side of Mania and her 12 months running out. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 Educated guess. She was mitb. She would've likely cashed in by then. Doesn't really prove much. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 7 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Educated guess. She was mitb. She would've likely cashed in by then. Doesn't really prove much. That’s not true at all, she still had months in which she could have cashed it in. It may indeed be a lucky guess - we’ll see - but if that’s the case, it’s a very lucky guess given the when it leaked and the small window of time between then and the Rumble. I certainly hope it’s a fake whatever the case, as I saw it by accident and wouldn’t have wanted to know any of that. Quote
Chili Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 If The Rock comes in at #31 and wins the Royal Rumble I will fucking lose it with laughter. Poochie of the Board! Quote
The King of Old School Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 4 hours ago, air_raid said: The paragraph read to me that you were suggesting Punk vs Reigns would be the biggest match at Mania, and it should be for the “real title” and not the “participation belt.” Otherwise I don’t see what one has to do with the other. If you weren’t… then I’m even more confused. It thus suggests Gunther vs X would become the “biggest match at Mania” over Punk vs Reigns or Cody defending the “real title” without volunteering who Rhodes’ challenger would be either. Who do you have Cody with that makes Gunthers match (presumably with Cena) bigger? I can only imagine if it’s Gunther vs Cena and Punk vs Reigns it leaves Cody with The Rock. Which definitely goes on last on night 2 and makes it THE main event. That’s what I think it will be now they’ve blown off Punk vs Rollins and Reigns vs Solo, mercifully. Yes. I'm suggesting that Punk vs Reigns is the biggest match they have now that The Rock seems unlikely to be working. I known its not always necessarily the case, but I like the biggest match being for the title. So I'd have one of these defeat Cody at EC for what I perceive to be the main belt, so Roman and Punk headline night 2 for the WWE title. Gunther I dunno, could be Goldberg he ends up facing? Cena for me doesn't need a title match at Mania when we have all year to tell the story, I could see someone like Logan Paul eliminating him from the Rumble leading to there Mania match. Cody/Orton and Sami/Owens possibly to round off the top of the card? Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 As great a moment as it’ll be to see Cena win the belt at Mania one last time it’s much more fitting and keeping with his character if he loses and spends the rest of his time trying and trying (never giving up) and finally getting it on his last go. Even better if he gives a lovely speech about not giving up and continuing for as along as he’s champion only for Logan Paul to cash in MITB and retire him instantly. Just rip off AEW but without suffocation. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 I love all that except Logan retiring Cena. No fucking thanks. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.