The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I don't remember any of the build-up to Kofi/Bryan at all.

The build up was good. It was Vince putting objects in the way of Kofi facing Bryan. There was Kofi beating 5 people in a gauntlet to earn the title shot. He beat them and then Bryan beat him immediately. Then they had Woods and Big E run a gauntlet in a last chance match. The same match that had The Uso’s forfeit rather than face them because they believed in Kofi. Once the build got going after Elimination Chamber, it was great stuff. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Eddie Guerrero and Daniel Bryans title wins to me felt like elevating them to main-event status at the time, regardless of how much WWE dropped the ball next. Whereas the Kofi title win just reeked of 'we haven't built any new stars up, lets stick the title on a midcard guy whose been around a decade'. I'm not sure why it was different but it felt very much like they were demoting the title rather than elevating the man.

Saddling Kofi with Ziggler for the first three months of his reign was no help at all.

• Paid Members

I’ll save the best until last and get the dross out of the way first.

Uncle Howdy in a Bo Selecta mask. Get in the bin, Bray.

Hit Row beating Legado Del Fantasma?! For shame. Pure Vince booking, that.

Imagine being poor Becky Lynch, sitting at home, watching Ronda Rousey constantly stink the joint out, knowing you’re likely going to be relied on to carry Ronda to a Wrestlemania feud and main event match. Becky must be dreading it. What on Earth happened to Ronda? Was she always this shit, but we refused to admit it? She’s painful to watch right now.

Also, since I’m on a roll, just because it can never be said enough, Karrion Kross is so, so rubbish. He’s the walking example of how it’s still possible to make a good living in this business provided you have a half decent physique. There’s nothing else there. Even his new tattoos on his back are fittingly crap.

Anyway, enough with the moaning because nothing else on this show, in this company or in this entire industry matters compared to the best thing going today, which is the Bloodline. Another absolute top tier segment from the lads. Maybe the best one ever. I thought the T-shirt segment would never be topped, and yet here we are. A genuine rollercoaster of emotions. The drama, tension, excitement, actual gasps from the audience, all topped off when even Jey Uso broke character and started corpsing. Some of the best pro-wrestling television I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t stop smiling. This thing is a masterpiece. Looking forward to the skit where Sami legally changes his name.

Shout out to Hunter, too. He didn’t let us down. The streak continues.

123816AB-C46A-434D-B0C6-FBD0D513BE8F.jpeg.f979e9041a7231b91023af0f08452e0c.jpeg

”Remember Emma?”

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Nothing else on this show, in this company or in this entire industry matters compared to the best thing going today, which is the Bloodline. Another absolute top tier segment from the lads. Maybe the best one ever. I thought the T-shirt segment would never be topped, and yet here we are. A genuine rollercoaster of emotions. The drama, tension, excitement, actual gasps from the audience, all topped off when even Jey Uso broke character and started corpsing. Some of the best pro-wrestling television I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t stop smiling. This thing is a masterpiece. Looking forward to the skit where Sami legally changes his name.

I'm SO glad I caught this, it was amazing. The segment came after the opening match, check it out if you can!

I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself, but if this is going where it feels like it’s going then they can retrospectively explain all the laughing anyway as them all being in on the joke at Sami’s expense as they stove his head in.

“The whole time we were laughing at you, and you didn’t even stop to notice.”

Sami vs Roman is the only thing I care about in the world.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

The best bit for me in the Bloodline segment is right after Sami uses the term Ucey for the first time and Jey tries to turn away and Roman pulls him in to face it head on clearly making the whole thing even more difficult to 0laybstraoght for Jey. 

When was the last time on screen talent seemed to be having so much fun week in week out?

• Paid Members

That Bloodline segment was their best to date, just everything about it was fantastic. Jey saying he doesn't care what The Tribal Chief says and Romans reaction getting a genuine gasp from the audience was don't brilliantly. Romans face when Sami said Jey isn't being very Ucey had me rolling, then Jey finally cracking made it all the better. Solo must have gone aswell because they weren't showing him on camera.

Imagine being as ridiculously good looking as Santos Escobar and hiding it being a mask. The man is money. Shame they lost to Top Dolla who came out as Mr Softee from the old softmints adverts.

I'm still very much intrigued on the Bray stuff and I'm trying to not think too far ahead to where we all know it's going to shit, but that Uncle Howdy mask is terrible. I guess it's probably Intentionally bad, but it really just makes me think of The Hitcher from The Mighty Boosh.

download.jpeg

Seriously I didn't think anything would want to make me get up early on a Saturday morning but fuck me I can't wait to see this shit every week.

Damn full range of emotion through the whole thing. Shock. Anger. Laughter. Joy. Roman must be having the time of his life being in segments this entertaining.

I love them all. They're all playing their parts perfectly. Including the crowd by the way - they got involved at all the right times and lifted it up even further.

• Paid Members

It's amazing that things like The Bloodline have become immediately more interesting since they are no longer strictly scripted. You can see clear as day that some of the stuff being said isn't in the script, such as 'Ucey' and this would never happen with the previous full script rather than bullet points. Imagine that, people being allowed to show some character.

• Paid Members

9C4AA7CF-54AC-4F1E-A432-999D3F8D1A69.png.0ac89e3b6de1d6f82adf91dd0412b650.png

Look at this man. The heat when they eventually turn on him is going to be too much to bear.

Also, I don’t know how long it’s been the case, but Jimmy Uso has very quickly become one of the coolest wrestlers in the business. Just chilling in the back as all the drama unfolds, grinning at everything, the cool red hair, belts hanging over his shoulder. What a man.

Imagine if one day Jimmy Uso chooses Sami over Roman? Greatest moment of all time.