Hulk Hemsworth

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

Anything that means more Hogan in WWE has to be a good thing. 

Keep living the gimmick, brother.

I didn't have a problem with his nostalgia run in 2002. These days he can't work, he can barely talk, he looks like an oompa-loompa and he offends half the locker room. Suffice to say, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Keep living the gimmick, brother.

I didn't have a problem with his nostalgia run in 2002. These days he can't work, he can barely talk, he looks like an oompa-loompa and he offends half the locker room. Suffice to say, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

They could just bring him in for his ring entrance and I'd be tuning in. As someone who mainly watched wrestling back in the day I love seeing the old nostalgia acts come back for whatever reason. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

They could just bring him in for his ring entrance and I'd be tuning in. As someone who mainly watched wrestling back in the day I love seeing the old nostalgia acts come back for whatever reason. 

I somewhat agree. But to widen it from Hogan, I think they've burned through them. Hogan and Flair in 2002 were great to see. Piper before that. Hell, I even marked for Haku in the Royal Rumble that time. Bret in 2010 was great to see back. Warrior a few years ago was the last big one. But they've nearly all been back. Most many, many, many times. It's the law of diminishing returns and they diminished long ago.

If there was a purpose, like the HOF or Gimmick Battle Royal v2, then sure, I'd be well up for seeing Warlord, Barbarian, Demolition or whoever (...isn't suing WWE). But they've rode every bit of value out of seeing a Hogan, Slaughter, Mean Gene, etc pop up.

(Just to be clear, I'm aware Mean Gene isn't popping up anytime soon)

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I'm with Tigs on this. Hogan and Flair have shown their face so much that they've lost value. It's a perfect example of diminishing returns, even if Hogan wasn't a giant racist.

Get the Bushwhackers, King Kong Bundy and the Nasty Boys round instead for those massive retro surprises. 

Oh, absolutely. If & when Hulk shows up again I won't be quite as excited to see him as I have been in the past, but I'll tune in nonetheless and I'll still enjoy seeing him do his entrance gimmick and all that jazz. For me it's something of an occasion, as I don't watch Raw these days. Last one I tuned in for was Hulk's tribute to Gene a while back.

I'm also aware that I'm in an ever-shrinking minority of people who enjoy seeing that kind of thing. The crowd pop isn't quite as big now, because the audience today doesn't have the same connection with someone like Hogan that my generation did, and that's fine. It happens.

We're probably at the stage now where the guys who were in their prime in 2000-2005 would get the "retro pop" if they came back. Generational shift and all that, eh?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

With Hulk on board this film will surely only be worth watching if it's full on fabricated nonsense. Or as my mate described it 'A Hogan For All Seasons'.

I’d rather see ‘Man Getting Hit By Football’ but I’d watch ‘A Hogan For All Seasons’. Swap Phillips for Spielbergo as director, of course.

• Paid Members
On 2/21/2019 at 9:57 AM, tiger_rick said:

These days... he offends half the locker room. Suffice to say, I don't think it's worth the hassle

Back in the day if he started with the old racism Roddy Piper would just turn the other cheek.