Being reminded of the UKFF in real life

Onyx2

14 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I've loved that insult ever since Father Ted - "I don't know, Ted, ya big bollox." "You've been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal, haven't you?" 

Something about the fact they turned a plural into a singular makes it funnier too.

Bollocks/bollox could be one of the most diverse words in the number of meanings it has. 

• Paid Members

Speaking of Roddy Doyle, yiz should all go and watch The Commitments, The Snapper and then The Van.

Although it could be just a Dublin thing, and to the rest of the civilised world they are an absolute pile of gik, but all of them were filmed literally around the corner from my house, and my mate Philly Ryan was in the Snapper getting headlocked by Sharon Curly's sister in a scene filmed in our class, so I'll always have a love for them and watch them whenever they're on the telly.
The Van was poxy because I worked in a shop on my summer break from school, in the estate where it was being filmed, and there was certain times I couldn't leave the shop because they were filming, and I had to eat lunch in a room out the back of the shop, which smelled of cabbage, Rothmans, Scrumpy Jack and some yellow label version of Pedigree Chum, which was all the more pronounced because it was a stifling hot summer.

But yeah, Colm Meaney can irritate the all bollocks out of me in most things, but not those. There has never been a truer representation of a working class, middle aged man from North Dublin in the 80's and 90's, as that man in those movies.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

The Van's great.

The book's great, and my favourite of the Barrytown trilogy. I didn't like the film - it's not terrible, but the way Doyle describe's Jimmy's anxiety and thoughts are brilliant, and they're just not there in the film. Part of that is that his inner thought processes aren't really filmable, but still.

One of my balls has really swollen up, it’s about three times the size of the other. Went for a scan the other day and had a nervous shit before I left the house. Had a panic attack in the waiting room wondering if I’d wiped towards my Busters and got some poo on the big fucker that was about to be looked at by medical professionals. 

Even if it turns out I haven’t got bollock cancer, I doubt I’d be as relieved as I was when I checked in the surgery bathroom and saw they were clean. I thought it was going to be my Justice moment. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

One of my balls has really swollen up, it’s about three times the size of the other. Went for a scan the other day and had a nervous shit before I left the house. Had a panic attack in the waiting room wondering if I’d wiped towards my Busters and got some poo on the big fucker that was about to be looked at by medical professionals. 

Even if it turns out I haven’t got bollock cancer, I doubt I’d be as relieved as I was when I checked in the surgery bathroom and saw they were clean. I thought it was going to be my Justice moment. 

Best of luck with the results.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m genuinely so curious as to what position you assumed in a public bathroom that allowed you to check the back of your bollocks?

1 hour ago, MrK said:

I’m genuinely so curious as to what position you assumed in a public bathroom that allowed you to check the back of your bollocks?

It was a one person in and lock the door type, so I rewiped my arse and checked, ensuring that they were clean and that this post will be in the out of context thread. 

• 2 weeks later...