Being reminded of the UKFF in real life

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

"Dan" just did OJ Borg's midnight mastermind spot on Radio 2 promoting wrestling in the North East. Which Dan is that? 

😬

Edit: and now I have a random smiley in there I can't delete. Weird. 

Edited by Onyx2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Two instances yesterday of being reminded of this place.

spacer.png

Never see or hear Hull without thinking of Rick. Hope he's good. (Side note, watched 1st episode and it's pretty decent)

And this could only remind me of one poster here :)

spacer.png

I was reading that blurb on All4 Last night and thought the exact same thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The wife is away doing a fancy dress pun crawl in Leeds (Otley Run?) for someone's birthday. She just messaged.me as another group is in fancy dress as wrestlers and she's telling her group who they are all meant to be.

She knew nothing about wrestling until she met me, now she's pointing out Goldust and Roddy Piper.

That's ma girl.

• Awards Moderator

I was clearing out my golf bag and I found this. I'd completely forgotten about it. 

20220515_115226_copy_1008x567.thumb.jpg.abdf9222a0b5209e89a007c73eadaab7.jpg

It's a signed towel from comedy wrestler Kikitaro (sometimes Ebessan). Cagematch tells me it was for RQW No Pain No Gain 2007 (https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=9857) and I only went last minute as a chance to see Mutoh in person. I went with @Midnight Zeusbut the reason I got this towel was because I was dragged to the merch stand by @$tewwho rightly guessed I would love this wrestler. He stole the show. Rest in peace Stew, can't believe you've been gone nearly 8 years. 

• Paid Members

I've had to get up at stupid o'clock, and the shipping forecast has come on the radio. I understand all of the words but can't make any sense of them in the order in which this bloke is reading them out. 

RONNIE OUT.

• 4 weeks later...