Little Tommy Robinson

Devon Malcolm

55 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So did he had to serve the suspended sentence because he got nicked again? How does that work?

Essentially, he was given 3 months suspended for 18 months.  That's the 1st contempt of court in the list Loki posted.  He was sentenced today for the 2nd one on the list.  He was originally given 13 months but due to the handling of it by the prosecution, he was rightly freed and the case was referred to see if it should be retried.  Essentially, due to the breaking of court rules, the conviction was overturned.

The case was retried, he was found guilty and was given 6 months.  Because the offence occurred within the 18 months of the suspended sentence, that 3 months was added to todays verdict totalling 9.  And because he has served time relating to this offence (When he was put away after the first rushed trial) that time served will come off the 9 month tariff.

He could've been given 2 years but his supporters try and make out he's been made an example of because of who he is.  If that was the case, he'd have been given 2 years.  And who he is does have a bearing on him sent to prison, he's a repeat offender with violence and fraud convictions.

It's a situation where the authorities really can't win. They jail him and he turns into a martyr of sorts who'll likely come out of jail to a fortune in "donations" that have come from people who can ill afford it and have been brainwashed into thinking he's the only one who "gets them" and understands their problem.

They don't jail him and he walks free with that fucking grin on his coupon and proclaims that he's beaten the government despite them trying to "get him."

At this stage I fully expect Trump to post a Tweet demanding his release before flying him over to Washington and installing him as Middle East intelligence advisor.

Whilst a custodial sentence had to be handed down, i would’ve liked to see community service being part of it. His ego would’ve taken a massive knock if he was picking up litter on the side of the road every Saturday. Or having to paint over graffiti at a mosque. 

• Paid Members

I'm not usually on the side of "the rule of law is the most important thing", but the authorities shouldn't be worried about "winning". They should be giving him the appropriate sentence and seeing the law enforced. 

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

I'm not usually on the side of "the rule of law is the most important thing", but the authorities shouldn't be worried about "winning". They should be giving him the appropriate sentence and seeing the law enforced. 

Of course they should, I'm just saying that there's no real "win" here in the grand scheme of things.

7 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I think I'll be staying away from Luton Town's Kenilworth Road stadium by the sound of his rap sheet.

If any of Peter Staniforth's mates are reading this: next time you see him down the pub could you ask him if he ever ran in the same circles as Mr Yaxley-Lennon?

What a meeting of two worlds that would be.

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Hey, we're back up! I saw an article saying Tommy had been decked by a 70 year old fellow inmate in jail and I thought of you guys.

Here you go!

Cracking bit of journalism to wake up to.