VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The tarts in the opening round were almost entirely fantastic looking too

Hark at Dapper Meltz there. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm planning some Apple & Cinnamon cookies for the weekend. I looked into making vegan ones, just for a challenge really, but the amount of shite you need put me off. Maybe one day that sort of stuff will be part of my store cupboard but it's massively excessive currently compared to butter, eggs and flour that I have anyway.

I'm not vegan, but I have many friends who are, and I will say one bit of info that was super helpful for vegan baking is knowing that Stork in block form (not the plastic tubs which have buttermilk added to them) is unintentionally vegan. 

http://www.veganoo.net/2014/09/is-it-vegan-stork-block.html

Although Stork is not on this particular list, here are a load of other stuff that is accidentally vegan. It's a useful resource I've found. 

https://veganuary.com/starter-kit/accidentally-vegan-products-uk/

34 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd be interested in a series where they cookedpractical vegan dishes to replace what most people eat day in, day out. I found it really interesting.

I actually got fucked up with Pritchard and Dainton the other week, it was really cool to discuss the health benefits of Veganism with him as we were both tried to do as many drugs as possible 

7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

No wonder you were able to drop meat so easily what with your ability to drop names.

Well it’s not like I’ve casually dropped into conversation that Jamie T follows me on Instagram (he does.) Its a relevant joke about a YouTube series

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Finally, thought I was gonna have to bring this up myself 

Exactly.

Anyone else in your position would be like "fuck those neckbeard muthafukkas, they can sit there and eat McDonalds and Twizzlers for the rest of their life!"

But you take time away from real life to try and educate the plebs on the benefits of veganism, only to get cheek from ungrateful sods. Some of us appreciate you, fella. Don't ever forget that.

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

Anyone else in your position would be like "fuck those neckbeard muthafukkas, they can sit there and eat McDonalds and Twizzlers for the rest of their life!"

Don't fuck around here David. Twizzlers were banned 13 years ago due to Jamie Cunting Oliver. That wound hasn't fully healed.

I had a proper good burger and fries from Fressh this past weekend, no idea why I haven't been in there before but I'll be going again for sure. It's amazing how far plant based burgers have come over the past couple of years, some are better than the "real" thing but there's a premium on them over the typical breaded veg mush from yesteryear.

And again, big up Iceland for their jalapeno No Bull burgers, they're stupidly good.

Also, a question for other vegans etc. How do you deal with foods that "may contain x and y" through cross-contaminaton? I personally still eat them.

Edited by Merzbow