VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I actually got fucked up with Pritchard and Dainton the other week, it was really cool to discuss the health benefits of Veganism with him as we were both tried to do as many drugs as possible 

I hope they were fair trade drugs produced and distributed by fully  cooperative and fairly compensated sentient beings.

45 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I had a proper good burger and fries from Fressh this past weekend, no idea why I haven't been in there before but I'll be going again for sure. It's amazing how far plant based burgers have come over the past couple of years, some are better than the "real" thing but there's a premium on them over the typical breaded veg mush from yesteryear.

And again, big up Iceland for their jalapeno No Bull burgers, they're stupidly good.

Also, a question for other vegans etc. How do you deal with foods that "may contain x and y" through cross-contaminaton? I personally still eat them.

Fressh is amazing, I eat from there once or twice a week. I try to avoid anything that says may contain personally 

6 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I hope they were fair trade drugs produced and distributed by fully  cooperative and fairly compensated sentient beings.

Never heard that one before. At the risk of going massively off topic, that’s an issue with the war on drugs more than anything else. Government making things illegal just makes the systems they exist within corrupt and puts people in danger. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Did I ever tell you lot the story of the time I hung out with Gangrel outside a petrol station? We'll never see days like that again. Not with all these social justice warriors about.

Are you mad? Didn't you consider moving the conversation somewhere a little safer? Considering his penchant for flammable surroundings 😟

9085_-_Gangrel_Raw_autoplay_gif_fire_gif_sunglasses_wwf.gif.ee53320735af92ea3dc0760b9f8402b5.gif

10 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Is veganism and drug use compatible? I mean the drug trade is full of people coerced, bribed,  and then murdered after being forced to take part in the trade.

It's also full of animals such as mules being used as, well, mules to carry the stuff around the mountains.  I'd say no, but I'd also say veganism is a personal journey about what you can personally do.  A bit like how some straight edgers wouldn't take caffeine or paracetamol but others would.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:33 PM, tiger_rick said:

I can identify with this. As much as i take the piss because I know a few over-bearing vegans and some Gluten intolereables, as someone who has just never really liked meat (I've never liked Bacon and still don't), I've always had to explain myself. It's even more difficult now. "Are you vegan? No. A Veggie then? No. What are you then?"

:(

5 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

So using animals for beak to the point of death from exhaustion is Vegan kosher. Good to know.

Pretty much anything mass produced will have had some negative effect on something at some point. Drug impact is tiny in comparison to most things. If we are gonna follow that logic then I can’t have an iPhone or go into a Starbucks 

Most the bad stuff with the drug trade is due to criminalisation by governments. 

I don’t personally know any vegans who have an issue with it, even if they take drugs or not. Only ever seems to be carnists who want to try and pick holes in an attempt to negate their own guilt. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Pretty much anything mass produced will have had some negative effect on something at some point. Drug impact is tiny in comparison to most things. If we are gonna follow that logic then I can’t have an iPhone or go into a Starbucks 

Most the bad stuff with the drug trade is due to criminalisation by governments. 

I don’t personally know any vegans who have an issue with it, even if they take drugs or not. Only ever seems to be carnists who want to try and pick holes in an attempt to negate their own guilt. 

Carnist? Fuck me, that's a term.