VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

For all the vegans n here, i have a few questions out of sheer curiosity. 

What meat did you enjoy (if any) before you turned vegan?

What foods have you discovered now that you are vegan that you enjoy, that maybe beforehand you didn't think you would enjoy?  

how do you find digestion on a vegan diet in comparison to when you where not vegan? Better or worse?

I’m only Pesceterian, but I eat a lot of Vegan food. I went from meat at least twice if not 3 times a day to cutting it over night due to environmental concerns. I also avoid most dairy and I have seen improvements in how I feel.

so loved all meat. Discovered some amazing meat replacements like no bull burgers and Seitan fried chicken which taste so real. Most of Quorns stuff is pretty good, though when it’s bad it’s awful. 

As to foods I didn’t know I’d enjoyed. Lentils and chickpeas. Cauliflower in curry, I eat more fruit as well then I used to as well. 

Personally, if I felt so strongly in my beliefs that sentient beings shouldn't be slaughtered and tortured that I felt the need to tell other people they were wrong for partaking in an industry that does those very things then I'd probably steer clear of bragging about partaking in an industry that sees sentient beings being slaughtered and tortured. But it's sliding scales and some good is better than no good and I don't feel that strongly one way or the other to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing.

But yeah, don't tell me not to eat meat then stroll in to Starbucks in your crocodile shoes, pull out your iPhone then do a line of coke off it and expect me to take your moral judgement with anything but a pinch of salt. (Admittedly not a completely accurate portray of Maxwell)

I'm fine with knowing the impact my meat eating has and seeing tasty viable alternatives it's when somebody who is championing a cause preaches to me and tells me the thing I'm doing is wrong. Well fuck aye it is but you know, sliding scales.....

Oh and I completely own my meat eating, guilt free. It's nothing to do with upbringing, environment or caveman super senses. It tastes good.

12 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It is a real word, a much better suited one too. How do you determine if a word is a fake word?

Omnivore: An animal or person that eats a variety of food of both plant and animal origin.

Carnist wasn't found in the Oxford English dictionary. Googling it does bring up that Carnism is a psychological term. Carnism is the invisible belief system, or ideology, that conditions people to eat certain animals. A central aspect of carnism is that animals are categorized as edible, inedible, pets, vermin, predators, or entertainment animals, according to people's schemata.

That's something that doesn't really work with me.If I went to a country that ate dog I would be fine with it, rabbit is either vermin or pet, no animal, unless poisonous is inedible. 

Carnist is a label for someone who is omnivorous, that may not be factually correct.

Edited by Rey_Piste

5 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

A central aspect of carnism is that animals are categorized as edible, inedible, pets, vermin, predators, or entertainment animals, according to people's schemata.

That's something that doesn't really work with me.If I went to a country that ate dog I would be fine with it, rabbit is either vermin or pet, no animal, unless poisonous is inedible. 

It doesn’t work with you because you think it’s exclusive that carnists can only view animals in strict categories? That isn’t the point... The idea behind it is that you think animals are beneath you. If you eat them, you can’t argue otherwise.

Omnivore is the act, carnist is the idea behind it. If we are discussing the reasons why people are eating meat then carnist is a better word for it 

10 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It doesn’t work with you because you think it’s exclusive that carnists can only view animals in strict categories?

I don't think that, Melanie Joy who coined the word thinks that.

16 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

The idea behind it is that you think animals are beneath you. If you eat them, you can’t argue otherwise.

Omnivore is the act, carnist is the idea behind it. If we are discussing the reasons why people are eating meat then carnist is a better word for it 

I do think animals are beneath me, that's how evolution works. 

Looking at the 3 N's of Carnism. Central to the ideology, according to the theory, is the acceptance of meat-eating as "natural", "normal", "necessary",

Eating meat is natural, we have thousands of years of evolution that prove that. Eating meat is certainly considered the norm, because it is so ingrained in our nature. As for necessary, eating meat isn't a necessity, we are lucky enough where we can pick and choose what we want to eat. As an omnivore whether it flies, swims or walks I'll fucking eat it. That's just a choice, in the same way that you not eating meat is a choice.

So when you go vegan, do the tattoos starting coming up through the skin straight away, or does it take a few months for the transformation to really kick in?

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

So when you go vegan, do the tattoos starting coming up through the skin straight away, or does it take a few months for the transformation to really kick in?

Don’t think you understand what a tattoo is. For some reason, I’m not surprised 

3 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don’t personally know any vegans who have an issue with it,

I do, quite a few. They've given up the sniff but some grow their own weed. Organically of course!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don’t personally know any vegans who have an issue with it

It's already quite clear this is how you work Max. If you don't know of it personally then it can't possibly be true. There are plenty of examples of you using the same "Logic" all through this thread.