VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Just ploughed through this thread and being a stereotypical Libran I can see both sides of the argument.

I did dabble in veganism a few years back when I quit dairy and said I might as well go all out, but I was absolutely bollocksed - steamrollered - 90% of the time and couldn't get through a working day let alone my workouts (which I genuinely need for my mental health, even more so than my physical health or vanity) so it wasn't for me.

One of my mates and his wife are vegan and I fucking hate getting lumbered with either of them after a night out because they turn into awful crusading, judgmental bastards when I want an Aberakebabra or even a slice of poxy ham or at 4am.

In saying that, I completely understand why people don't want to put animal product and their many offshoots into their body and I do like the idea of it, but I don't think I could ever be some militant Cruciferists like that pair.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Just ploughed through this thread and being a stereotypical Libran I can see both sides of the argument.

I did dabble in veganism a few years back when I quit dairy and said I might as well go all out, but I was absolutely bollocksed - steamrollered - 90% of the time and couldn't get through a working day let alone my workouts (which I genuinely need for my mental health, even more so than my physical health or vanity) so it wasn't for me.

One of my mates and his wife are vegan and I fucking hate getting lumbered with either of them after a night out because they turn into awful crusading, judgmental bastards when I want an Aberakebabra or even a slice of poxy ham or at 4am.

In saying that, I completely understand why people don't want to put animal product and their many offshoots into their body and I do like the idea of it, but I don't think I could ever be some militant Cruciferists like that pair.

Your mates sound awesome, I wanna party with them.

If you ever fancy giving it another go check out a bloke called Torre Washington, he has a website full of useful info which might be help out.

https://www.torrewashington.com/

vegan-bodybuilding-torre-washington-coac

18 minutes ago, David said:

Are steroids considered vegan? 

Legit no idea, you’d have to ask a Vegan bodybuilder.

Had a look and apparently he doesn’t take any performance enhancing drugs. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well of course. None of them do. No one ever has, and I'm not sure they even exist tbh.

Note my use of the word apparently. He has passed drug tests (but that doesn’t really mean an awful lot.)

Either way, steroids alone wouldn’t make someone look like that. He would also have a good nutrition plan and workout routine. Or do you just pop the steroids in and get massive over night? 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Either way, steroids alone wouldn’t make someone look like that. He would also have a good nutrition plan and workout routine. Or do you just pop the steroids in and get massive over night? 

I don't think anyone's suggested that.

9 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

A good workout routine, yeah, the need for a good nutrition plan is questionable. I've known guys who feast on McDonalds burgers every day, but they take PED's and work out like fuck. They look like a million bucks, but their insides probably aren't in great shape.

44 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I don't think anyone's suggested that.

Well if no one is suggesting steroids can be used to instead of working out and nutrition then I don’t see the point in bringing it up... except that David literally did just say that nutrition isn’t important and it was kinda used to ignore Washington’s credentials. 

Either way, the bloke has been Vegan for 20 years and competing for 10 years. He also has a website with nutritional info, which Scott might find useful if he ever tries it again.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well if no one is suggesting steroids can be used to instead of working out and nutrition then I don’t see the point in bringing it up... except that David literally did just say that nutrition isn’t important and it was kinda used to ignore Washington’s credentials. 

Either way, the bloke has been Vegan for 20 years and competing for 10 years. He also has a website with nutritional info, which Scott might find useful if he ever tries it again.

Come on, now - you know why it was brought up. I'm not saying he's on steroids either, but the claim being made is that he can't achieve that level of build with just a vegan diet, that he had to have used steroids in conjunction with, not instead of diet and workout. David did say nutrition wasn't important, but that workout was; bear in mind that David can also be a right wind-up merchant, too.

Either way, you're easily equipped to argue against that position without resorting to cherry-picking.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Come on, now - you know why it was brought up. I'm not saying he's on steroids either, but the claim being made is that he can't achieve that level of build with just a vegan diet, that he had to have used steroids in conjunction with, not instead of diet and workout. David did say nutrition wasn't important, but that workout was; bear in mind that David can also be a right wind-up merchant, too.

Either way, you're easily equipped to argue against that position without resorting to cherry-picking.

I knew similar guys that David was talking about, they would finish a training session and scoff a bucket of KFC. Whereas I was on a low fat, high protein diet with minimal carbs and struggling to shift the weight. Genetics does play a part and looking at some of his other pictures he's not massively jacked. He does look incredibly vascular in his photos, which would mean he is fairly dehydrated to tighten the skin to show off his musculature. Which of course he's going to post photos of him at his best because he's shilling his dietary plan.

Edited by Rey_Piste
me no spel gud

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Right, cherry picking: I posted a link to a place where Scott could maybe pick up some nutrition tips. Meal ideas that’s wont leave him fatigued. I didn’t post Torre as an example of what you can achieve using only a vegan diet. I never said, nor that’s why it was posted. He is a bloke with a website that could help someone who works out a lot eat a vegan diet. 

Seems like trying to cherry pic debates out of thin air and ignoring what I’m actually saying. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I knew similar guys that David was talking about, they would finish a training session and scoff a bucket of KFC. Whereas I was on a low fat, high protein diet with minimal carbs and struggling to shift the weight. Genetics does play a part and looking at some of his other pictures he's not massively jacked. He does look incredibly vascular in his photos, which would mean he is fairly dehydrated to tighten the skin to show off his musculature. Which of course he's going to post photos of him at his best because he's shilling his dietary plan.

I'm sure. I personally am not arguing that the guy is on steroids; there's no way for any of us to know either way.

9 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Right, cherry picking: I posted a link to a place where Scott could maybe pick up some nutrition tips. Meal ideas that’s wont leave him fatigued. I didn’t post Torre as an example of what you can achieve using only a vegan diet. I never said, nor that’s why it was posted. He is a bloke with a website that could help someone who works out a lot eat a vegan diet. 

Seems like trying to cherry pic debates out of thin air and ignoring what I’m actually saying.

Don't see how. I never cast doubt on what you posted. David effectively implied potential steroid usage, and you effectively implied that he (or someone else, maybe) was claiming that you could replace workout and fitness with steroid usage, by saying this:

"Either way, steroids alone wouldn’t make someone look like that. He would also have a good nutrition plan and workout routine. Or do you just pop the steroids in and get massive over night?"

I simply responded by saying no-one said that. I never said anything about the original point, which I actually find interesting. I've said already I've enjoyed what you've posted re: vegan food, and that, politically, I agree with you on a number of issues; honestly not having a go at your dietary choice.