VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

4 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I've decided to try a few meat alternatives(with the intention of swapping a few days of meat per week, but still can't see me going full time) so have been enjoying the food photos.  Must be honest through, the Pizza doesn't look at all appetising to me and the second photo looks a bit "dry" to me. The last one looks good though. What is it?

The pizza was a funny one, it was nice but not what I’m used to. But I put that down more to not being able to read the menu, I basically just pointed at random stuff. You can just about see a cheese platter in the photo which they nailed, so I assume they can do a good cheese and I just ordered a weird version. 

I also recently tried this, wasn’t expecting much but it was on offer and I was really pleasantly surprised.

noImageAvailable&resMode=sharp2&id=sv6SZ

Last night I ordered from Zindyia who do some amazing Vegan Indian Street food 

D84639-E3-75-FE-4-B98-859-C-037-E8-B1-CB

The Onion Bhargis were easily the best I’ve ever had in my life 

• Paid Members

The vast majority of the best vegetarian and vegan food I've ever had has been Indian. There's a place not far from me in Turnpike Lane (and they have a branch in Stroud Green near Finsbury Park) called Jai Shri Krishna, and they're both delicious and surprisingly cheap. Their menu's a mix of vegetarian and vegan dishes.

• Paid Members

Max, do you do any Vegan cooking at home? 

Curious as to what the various takeout meals posted cost.. They do look rather nice, if not pricey. 

Me and the misses usually eat meat daily with our evening meal. We picked up 2 Quorn options this week for a quid each, so looking forward to giving them a go. 

1 minute ago, Silky Kisser said:

Max, do you do any Vegan cooking at home? 

Curious as to what the various takeout meals posted cost.. They do look rather nice, if not pricey. 

Me and the misses usually eat meat daily with our evening meal. We picked up 2 Quorn options this week for a quid each, so looking forward to giving them a go. 

I don’t even have a microwave at home. Or any of that other stuff used for cooking like pans or the wooden spoon stuff. Can’t remember the last time I actually cooked something myself. 

Basically I live eating out or deliveroo and Uber eats when I’m at home. That’s totally down to being lazy and having the disposable income 

• Paid Members

I did Quorn toad in the hole yesterday and my wife and daughter didn't even notice.

Completely ruined the veg though. Spent a couple of hours prepping and roasting baby pots, squash and carrots then put them in the bottom of the oven completely forgetting we have a fan oven now and it savaged them. Bollocks.

image.png.70feb15c63e01344b10c5bc04cb23d5b.png

7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don’t even have a microwave at home. Or any of that other stuff used for cooking like pans or the wooden spoon stuff. Can’t remember the last time I actually cooked something myself. 

Basically I live eating out or deliveroo and Uber eats when I’m at home. That’s totally down to being lazy and having the disposable income 

Out of interest, is King Maxel's mum vegan?  She doesn't insist you feed him meat or anything like that when you have him?  I hope not, after all, you've shown that even Power Rangers don't need meat to be super heroes.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

noImageAvailable&resMode=sharp2&id=sv6SZ

I eat this all the time, and actually started buying them before I cut out dairy. When I had to drop dairy from my diet, my main concerns were having to go without pizza, and without a LOVELY BIT OF KWESH, and this really helped out.

The only other vegan pizza options in shops near me were either small and expensive, or incredibly bland vegan cheese things that ended up being expensive by the time I'd bought all the additional toppings to make them worthwhile. That Falafel one has been a bit of a lifesaver, in all honesty, and is one of my go-tos for when I can't really be bothered making any effort.

It can be a bit dry, so I tend to have it with a bit of salad cream on the side. I've not cut out eggs yet, so still on the Heinz stuff, but may switch to a vegan one if I can find one, once I'm done with this bottle.

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Out of interest, is King Maxel's mum vegan?  She doesn't insist you feed him meat or anything like that when you have him?  I hope not, after all, you've shown that even Power Rangers don't need meat to be super heroes.

She was vegan when we were together and seems to have started again since recently breaking up with her fella. His favourite snack is cucumber and hummus but I let him have chocolate. He doesn’t want to eat any animals but is too young to explain why dairy products are bad. 

He loves animals though and wants to be a vet when he is older 

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

He loves animals though and wants to be a vet when he is older

Ah man, that's cool!  You should get some pans and cook the fella a meal once in a while though, as nice as Deliveroo is!