Lottery Bucket Lists

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Inspired by another thread, what are your super-grand rich bastard lottery dreams? 

I said elsewhere

"My 'lottery dream' (there's a thread in that) is to open a proper independent cinema in this neck of the woods. I hear about wondrous places showing obscure films, or devoting a week to a director or genre, or showing a whole trilogy / series... yeah, I'd love some of that.

I don't mean "I'd take the kids to Disney and pay me mum's mortgage", proper silly money pipe-dreams. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
58 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Gold plated sex yacht?

Tokyo sex whale?

For me, there are lots of things, but the main one is simple: travel. Everywhere. Such a big world out there, and it's one of my biggest regrets I haven't gone anywhere near the number of places I wanted to go when I was younger and could have more easily done it.

70AD5486-DCAD-4339-B5F6-EA40BA46B140_zps

After covering myself in 14ct Gold and telling my boss to take a hike, which obviously we’d all do, much like you Onyx I’d love to open up a cinema that isn’t just the latest stuff. Something akin to the Prince Charles Cinema but in the North.

Open up an actual decent gig venue in Hull. Hardly anyone ever comes here because the venues that we do have are shit. I’m not meaning building a massive arena, but something like your O2 Academy’s or some of the better theatre venues

Over than that, and depending on how big the win was, I’d pour a fair amount into Hull Kingston Rovers so that we’re not (delete as appropriate)

* battling for Super League survival

*slumming it in the Championship for a year en route to returning to Super League

every year

38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I just want to fucking retire. That's really all I want. I hate working and I never want to have to do it ever again.

I'm lucky enough to enjoy my job but I work 6:30 til 5:00 Monday to Friday and 6:00 til 12:00 a couple of Saturdays a month. Sometimes it's just so exhausting and the thought of not having to go work and spending all that time with the missus and daughter instead is brilliant.

• Paid Members

Proper stuff of dreams stuff would be buying Barnsley and pumping money into the club to make them a success.

More realistically I've always said Id want to buy a load of small, cheap houses and rent them all out to people who are down on their luck and need a helping hand on a break-even basis. No idea how I would qualify an individual's need for the "help" though...

• Paid Members

I would LOVE to own the rights to obscure/cult films and distribute top notch Blu-rays with great restorations. Basically I want to be Arrow/Vinegar Syndrome or 88 Films.

The world needs more obscure 80s slasher movies, Mexican lucha horror films, kaiju and Kung Fu.

Archived