UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018

Fatty Facesitter

Firstly I apologise for my tardiness. Little pilchard has been a git all week, so not had much time to formulate a storyline. Originally I was going to go with a bizarre love triangle between Snitsky, Heidenreich and Michael Cole, but there was a chance I would get disqualified as I could not make either three of them a face. Still I am not going to waste this picture. 

867635?filename=1537541186458_21-09-2018

Leave that to your imagination......

CRITERIA

• Book a Love Triangle storyline in a promotion of your choosing. 
  • Book an initial three month storyline.
  • Book a clever introduction for the third party who enters the picture. 
  • Book at least ONE face or heel turn in this scenario. 
  • Optional: Gender and sexuality! It's 2018 after all.

Before I start I would like to add the caveat that I am the least romantic guy there is. When I first asked the wife out I lead with the line "Fancy a kebab and a fuck?" and twelve years later I can't get rid of her. 

So cast your mind back to Money In The Bank 2017 and local jobber who got lucky James Ellsworth helped Carmella to become Miss Money in the Bank. This stirred the loins of the Staten Island Princess to no end, and gave the chinless wonder a massive kiss for his troubles.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBTUXsIfV9WgQzfg8tt5v

After months of chasing Ellsworth finally gets his girl. After the initial elation of winning the briefcase they have a "hooneymoon period." Doing everything that Carmella wants to do like shopping, clubbing and grooming dogs. 

He has a stunner on his arm, he has a WWE contract, life could not be better... Or is it After a few weeks the blossom is falling off the rose in Ellsworth's world. He is basically a massive cuck, Carmella physically and mentally abuses him week after week. But James sees no better, until the night after SummerSlam and there is a snap WWE draft. The newest member of the SmackDown female roster is......

tenor.gif?itemid=12283393

Bayley! 

Bayley's first match  on SmackDown is against Carmella and the hugger grabs the win after Carmellsworth have a miscommunication where Ellsworth does the old blind trip spot inadvertently tripping Carmella after Bayley reverses an Irish whip. 

Backstage Carmella is furious with the Gollumalike.

tenor.gif?itemid=9692788

After Carmella gives Ellsworth her right hand, out of the shadows Bayley offers a hug to the crest fallen Ellsworth. 

8b991ac7a87f781114622cec0e8cf7abf17a7823

Before Ellsworth could feel the warm embrace of a Bayley hug Carmella drags her boyfriend away from the serial hugger. 

Week after week Ellsworth has been letting Carmella down and the Money in the Bank holder repeatedly abuses Ellsworth. Bayley is always around the corner to offer hugs but keeps getting scuppered by Carmella. 

At the next PPV Bayley and Carmella face each other with Ellsworth in the shark cage over the ring. Towards the end of the match Ellsworth escapes the cage and accidentally knocks over Carmella whilst reaching terra firma. 

Ellsworth is stunned and does not know what to do. He looks behind him and sees Bayley with her arms stretched wide open. The crowd are chanting "Hug her! Hug her!" After seconds of hesitation he decides to receive the warm embrace of Bayley. But wait a minute.......

867f8d?filename=1537566199114_21-09-2018

Bayley low-blows Ellsworth. Turtle head is stunned writhing in pain in the middle of the ring. Carmella has a wry smile on her face whilst Bayley stands tall over Ellsworth. Bayley helps Carmella up and instead of a hug they both kiss passionately in the middle of the ring and high-tail it to the back and become the most dominant female couple in 'Sports Entertainment' today. 

867fa0?filename=1537566570615_21-09-2018

Sorry it went a bit Mills and Boon at the end there. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

First Round - The Results! 

jimcarey.gif.f127898ec7919fff55161a1fa51bd18d.gif

Match 1 (Book a King of the Ring tournament)

• @HarmonicGenerator - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3186383   
  • @cobra_gordo - (WITHDRAWN)
  • WINNER: HarmonicGenerator

HG's title defence kicks off with a win, albeit via default. Still, a great, compelling KOTR tournament thrown together all the same. a KOTR with titles being defended in tournament matches? Aleister Black taking four titles and the overall crown? I'm down widdit. 

Select Panel Comments: N/A - Default winner. 

Match 2 (New Paul Heyman Dangerous Alliance stable)

I'm something of a Paul Heyman guy so I enjoyed reading both of these. Both had a good cast of characters for Paul E to advocate with Brock out of the picture. It was tight in the voting, but Liam got the duke with a deciding vote in the end to advance into the quarter-finals. Well played both. 

Select Panel Comments:

• "Liam wins it for me for the more detailed and fleshed out booking, especially of Heyman and tapping into his characteristics. Prefer the thought of Omega being brought in as a big start rather than Okada, but that's personnel at the end of the day and the booking wins the day."
  • "Liam just shades it for me - but I liked both entries. Joe's in particular is probably more realistic in terms of how WWE would play it out, but Liam's thinking outside box and I like the detail he went to in terms of Heyman's motives behind the new alliance."

Match 3 (Ooooh you tease - tag breakup)

Rick decided to break up the New Day, while bigfoote opted to severe the ties between the AOP. Interesting angles both. Ultimately the panel preferred Rick's dismantling of the more established of the two pairings, but bigfoote definitely wins some plaudits for ambition and trying to develop AOP's individual personalities. 

Select Panel Comments:

• "I liked tiger_rick's New Day break-up - it manages to logically break up a three man team in a way that makes sense and isn't confusing, and give all three new purpose and shifts in character that don't feel completely abrupt. Xavier as a top level heel could be a hard sell, given that it's Big E that's doing all the work up to that point, but it seems like a DiBiase/Andre situation, so it's not insurmountable."

Match 4 (Being the WWElite)

LaGoosh had to withdraw - Shy Dad hasn't submitted. But the show must go on, and this now opens up a spot in the quarter-finals. Stay tuned and find out what happens when the Quarter-Final draw comes your way....

Select Panel Comments: N/A

Match 5 (Loser Leaves Town)

Wrasslin's withdrawal ensures that the good Doctor has booked an appointment for next week in the quarters. Doc opted to send Dean Ambrose packing after a feud with Seth Rollins, albeit with an interesting reveal at the conclusion of his entry....

Select Panel Comments: N/A - Default winner. 

Match 6 (HBK comes out of retirement)

Two of the first entrants to get their entries in, and two belters submitted. Weirdly, no sooner had this draw been made when rumours of HBK's real-life return to the ring started to pick up steam - funny how art mimics reality. Supremo gets the nod here, and to be fair it was a fantastic entry. But well played all the same, Adam. 

Select Panel Comments:

• "I like the slow build of Michaels being spotted at the Performance Center, letting rumours build and the fans figure out the story for themselves, rather than spelling it out on TV every week. That's the kind of booking I like in a long-term angle. Roman taking out Michaels before he can hit the Superkick is great. It gives the fans the sense that if Michaels had hit his finish, things could have gone differently, so the babyfaces have a valid excuse, and because it robs the fans of seeing the Superkick, it makes them think The Shield have robbed them of something they were owed and screwed them out of something, without the Shield technically having done anything wrong." 

• "HBK/HHH/Undertaker vs a heel shield is a feud I didn't know I wanted, but I now need it. And the reveal at the end with the Undisputed Era was magic." 

Match 7 (Who's the Daddy?)

Showtime led us on a journey with everyone's favourite 205 Aussie Buddy Murphy, while Al made Drew McIntyre the centre of his piece. Again, both good entries, but it was Showtime's entry that had the panel's hearts in the end. 

Select Panel Comments:

•  "(On Showtime's entry): Fucking brilliant. The sit down with Cole was wonderfully scripted. Why don't they do shit like this often in real WWE? Then it becomes classic soap opera wrestling...only decent. Great idea getting Jericho involved and I could totally buy into this elevating Buddy. Just brilliant booking."

Match 8 (Love Triangle)

air_raid gets the duke here - Glenryck's was a really fun entry to read, but raid's entry - whilst not necessarily a love triangle in the traditional sense - was really well thought out and played out, as tantalising as the prospect of Carmella/Bayley lezzing it up was. 

Select Panel Comments:

• On air_raid "Oh man, that was some entry. Not something I was expecting but definitely thinking outside the box. Would have been cool to see the art but a great entry even without it. Interesting to see a scenario play out in New Japan as well." 

So there you have it! Thanks to all those who submitted, and even if you had to withdraw cheers for showing an interest. You'll see from the brackets from the first round draw who will come up against who. The one quarter-final spot remaining will be addressed tomorrow - but I can tell you now it won't be a bye into the semi-finals and it will, indeed, be filled. Until the next time...

• Paid Members

Wow, my story of gay AND Japanese gets the win? The panel clearly are enlightened. And voted Remain.

I must say what I liked about Pilchards' entry was the idea of turning Bayley heel. The power of love is a curious thing indeed.

• Paid Members

I was gutted I'd not seen this at the time to throw my hat into the ring for a go, but then  read the entries and am  glad I missed it as I'd probably have struggled. They're all cracking reads.

Thanks! I thought my attempt was strong but maybe not silly enough, even with Jericho’s latest persona of alcoholic sexual deviant.

In my director’s cut version, after Curt Hawkins’ shock win over Y2J, I was going to give him a post-match promo just so I could shoe-horn in “Hawkins 3:16 says I just whipped your dad!” But then the fans would force a Curt mega-push and Mania payday, overshadowing Buddy, so best to leave it out...

• Paid Members

Quarter-Finals BAY BAY

giphy.gif.59fe5cbefa00bf9d24090b41b89f3a59.gif

Here are your scenarios below. As usual, post your entries in here rather by PM. 

Deadline: MIDNIGHT - SATURDAY. THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS.  I'm usually pretty lenient with this but in this case I have an extremely busy couple of weeks in store so in an ideal world I'd like to wrap this up as quickly as possible. None of this "I'll get it in on Sunday" business. Apologies for that, to be honest though I think six days including an entire weekend-day is a pretty good window. It'll be the same again in terms of the results and the draw for the next round going out on the Sunday, which then leaves a week for the next round and then a week for the final. 

Word Count: Let's go with 1,250 words. 1,000 was probably a bit tight retrospectively for some of the scenarios so I'm happy to beef it up slightly. As usual, it's quality over quantity at the end o' day. 

As with last time, the scenarios were drawn at random, with one exception, as you'll see when you read on below. 

Any queries, @ me in here and I'll respond to you asap. Happy booking! 

NOTE: As you know, we had one tie in the first round in which neither poster submitted an entry - therefore, technically @tiger_rick didn't have an opponent for the semi-finals. In light of this, Rick has been given a WILDCARD, the details of which I'll explain below...

Quarter-Final 1: @HarmonicGenerator vs @Liam O'Rourke - Wargames are afoot! 

war-games-696x392.jpg.33717e633cdd6771667ac05be2881eee.jpg

Love me some Wargames. Interestingly, the fabled match stipulation with two rings inside a giant cage has only ever been contested once in the WWE, when NXT ran it as their main event on a Takeover show last year. As defending champion, Harmy Genners will have to go to war and book a Wargames match with the young pretender in Liam O' Rourke. This scenario also holds a bit of significance in this comp - in the first edition in 2011, this was actually the scenario in the final. 

CRITERIA

• Book a Wargames match from any era and with any personell of your choosing
  • Book the build-up to the match, the match itself and a quick note on the immediate aftermath. 
  • Someone MUST bleed in the match, because red = green! 

Quarter-Final 2: Last chance saloon - Debut a UKFF'er!

ukff.jpg.fb4a2199c88e9b4ff327fae4428c4953.jpg.fce7395d091f958e2d450f95c2828706.jpg

Because we had some absolutely cracking entries in the last round even amongst those who fought the good fight but ultimately lost the battle, with so many dropouts I think those who submitted deserve a second shot. Also, it's a really fun opportunity to do something a little different. As you'll see from the scenario, your mission will be to take a poster from the UKFF and book their big debut in the WWE. This is down completely to your imagination. The best entry from this quarter-final will then take a spot in the semi-finals. 

ENTRANTS (Note: Only open to those who submitted an entry)

CRITERIA

• Book a UKFF poster's arrival in WWE (or another promotion of your choosing, if you wish). 
  • Build up their character profile, give us some backstory and detail their initial movements in the company. 
  • Book them to debut for any brand or on any PPV event of your choosing. 

Quarter-Final 3: @Doctor Whos Next vs @Supremo - Roman gets the F out. 

Roman_Reigns.0.0.0.thumb.jpg.5a321ec627adeec241771b1713be2a82.jpg

Think I ran a similar scenario with John Cena in one of the previous booking comps - alas we're updating it here for modern-day purposes. In this scenario, Roman Reigns is taking his ball and going the fuck home, ala Stone Cold in 2002 and CM Punk in 2014. He's the Universal champion and they're most-promoted star, and he just fucks off and leaves them. WWE is in total chaos and on the verge of collapse, having obviously never seen this coming. 

CRITERIA

• Book the immediate aftermath of Roman's walkout in WWE. How does the company address the situation on television? What happens next to the title?
  • Book someone to take over Reigns' mantle as the new top dog in the industry. 
  • Roman can NOT return. He is G-O-N-E. 

Quarter-Final 4: @Mr.Showtime vs @air_raid - The Velveteen Experience

dream-1.thumb.jpg.0c9d58eeffc9bede3d866bd62d11023d.jpg

That's right - it's time to call this talented NXT star up to the main roster. One of the hottest prospects in WWE today, The Dream is still only in his early 20's and is being tipped for a very, very bright future. There's every chance that WWE's creative will ruin him, but luckily we are on an internet wrestling forum and excellent at fantasy booking, and we know better, so there. 

CRITERIA

• Book the Dream's debut on WWE's man roster. 
  • Book his run from his main roster debut up until at least Wrestlemania. 
  • At least one opponent must SAY HIS NAME. 

WILDCARD

Mattel-WWE-Hall-of-Fame-Elite-Wild-Samoans-Review-feature.thumb.jpg.5d7e7255f54511314e334627cff3abde.jpg

As you'll have noted above, tiger_rick hasn't been assigned a match and has a wildcard. So, Tiger (if that is even your real name), the choice is entirely yours. You can choose to join any of the above matches you want. Obviously if you join the UKFF battle royal match it then becomes a five-man match, which in a way decreases your chances of progression (or maybe it heightens them if you're going up against four first round losers?) or you can join any of the other three matches you like, thus turning that scenario into a triple-threat. Appreciate that means you don't have a one-on-one match so apologies for that.

Thanks again for your participation folks - the entries so far have easily been the best yet in the three instalments of the comp so hopefully we can keep that standard going into the next week. 

Archived