UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018

Fatty Facesitter

• Awards Moderator
10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

"A Christmasļ»æ Carol,ā€ with Vince as Scroogļ»æeļ»æ ļ»æ

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now. God it would be fucking great.Ā 

Except Vince would never go for a storyline where shunning money is the main plotline.Ā 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It something Iā€™ve been thinking about recently. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any TV show on the planet that breaks the fourth wall as much as WWE. Literally one day after they nearly kill each other in a Last Woman Standing Match, they show photographs of Charlotte and Becky posing together with Ric Flair onĀ Raw. And yet, they never really have any fun with it. Like when Triple H remarked how Kofiā€™s accent had magically vanished. From what I remember, that got a big pop and some laughs. The closest weā€™ve got recently is the stuff with Matt Hardy, but you can tell Vince really isnā€™t behind it.

Itā€™s funny. In 2003, all I wanted was a straight-faced wrestling show where all the wrestlers had a jolly good wrestle. Nowadays though, Iā€™d fucking kill forĀ Vince to be haunted by some ghosts. Imagine Edge and Christian as the Marley Brothers from the Muppet Adaptation. Lovely stuff.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

For the sake of balanceļ»æ, ļ»æSupremo's is obviously great fun but WeeAl's is spot on what WWE would actually book, right down to Vince's speeches.Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

Cheersļ»æ ļ»æguys. Yeah, shout out to WeeAlā€™s great entry. He did so much stuff I was considering that it forced me to go in a completely different directionļ»æ.ļ»æ

Thanks lads. This was a lot of fun to do I have to say! A really enjoyable competition with heaps of entertaining entries to read. Great craic.Ā 

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I always wanted them to do a musical episode. Hoping that it would be so bad that it's good. It's Always Sunny got away with it. With Elias as the focal point and some special guests, I think they could do it!Ā šŸ˜‚

The dream I dream of Les Miz could still happen...

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I always wanted them to do a musical episode. Hoping that it would be so bad that it's good. It's Always Sunny got away with it. With Elias as the focal point and some special guests, I think they could do it!Ā šŸ˜‚

I feel like that couldā€™ve been a great scenario in this competition. Having all the wrestlers only talk in rhyming couplets.Ā 

One thing that surprised me when mooching around online forĀ ideas was that no-one has ever thought about making a proper updatedĀ version of the, ā€œLonely Road of Faith,ā€ montage. I was convinced someone wouldā€™ve triedĀ it, but nothing really came up. I considered doing it myself but quickly realised I didnā€™t have the skill or patience. It was hard enough trying to find footage of all the unsolved mysteries in WWE, canā€™t imagine how long it would take to catalog and edit all the best moments since 2002.

• Paid Members

1830064581_giphy(1).gif.f833bf22edc93ade4b77f337b6cc1340.gif

THE FINAL RESULT

The two finalists have submitted their entries and the panel have cast their votes, thereby concluding the 2018 UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic. First, if you haven't already, check out both of our finalists' entries because they're both brilliant in their own right.Ā 

WeeAl -Ā https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3199335

Supremo -Ā https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3199949

Excellent entries both. Before we reveal the winner though, first it's time to reveal...

472d463451006feb2caff1b750bc80c2--love-life-my-life.thumb.jpg.a18fa43577354f4f97c3c30eac11d4d1.jpg

THE PANEL

First of all, when you start a panel, when you set out to do what no one else can do, the first thing you do, is you look to yourĀ buddies. You look to your heart. You look...to the BANDWAGON BUMBERS. Seen here playing the part of Olivier Giroud, it's @PunkStep!!Ā 

736380127_ScreenShot2018-11-02at22_06_56.png.15759bfc99cfac544021cb2b30f46092.png

Punkstep's comments:Ā 'Well done to the winner, but remember- 4th place is just as good as winning things'.

This next judge was one of my prime targets, and just to add to the legitimacy of this prestigious competition,Ā if I'm not mistaken this chapĀ probably the only member of the panel who has actual, real-life wrestling booking experience. He's also the 2017 on-topic UKFF Poster of the Year. It's @BomberPat!!

patroach.jpg.2c449d9264a0b73232f84611be6b5777.jpg

Pat:Ā "I'ļ»æve never been here before, there are no Hulkamaniacs here"

Next, a controversial one but I thought it would be good to get an opinion on the entries from someone who's not actually connected with the forum at all - a very talented budding creative writer in his own right and someone who, at some point might join the forum to help my inject a lethal dose of poison...I haven't used a picture of him but instead one of his favourite wrestlers/fighters who goes by the same first name...it's Fatty's real best friend MATT!!

usa_today_9905305.0.thumb.jpg.147a97a3e0a11c7e838d115d8fb83d77.jpg

Matt's comments: "To quote Vince McMahon - 'Old Chicken makes good soup!'

Next, one that I saw as something as quite a big coup. He hasn't posted on here in a fair while but we still keep in touch via the power of social media, and he's a poster I think we all remember quite fondly in here, especially in off-topic in footie chat. An all round good egg who has gone on to do really well for himself in terms of family life and also professionally. Ladies and gentleman, show your love for the winner of the first ever UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic winner and Sunderland's #1 fan, revealed here by his old signature...His stage name is Michael Hamflett from WhatCulture wrestling, but we'll reveal him by his real name...IT'S ONLY FUCKING @NEWM!!!!

mb1f8z.jpg.85dade87bbf895d30227fd61504deb35.jpg

NEWM:Ā ā€œThis was really fun to judge, until it occurred to me just how long it was since I had a single creative thought myself. Before my children sapped every last bit of my energy I once had John Cena flipping off troops and and Sable getting an F5. Kudos to the finalistsĀ and everybody else, these were a blast to read. Iā€™d like to say weā€™re all winners, but I think itā€™s quite apparent just how big losers we all are. All my love, NEWM xxxā€

And last but not least, as a backup in the event of any split decisions, I'd obviously have to have a fifth judge ready to take the helm. With that in mind I scoured the forum far and wide. A few graciously declined due to their busy schedules, some had full PM inboxes. With that in mind I had little choice but to revert...to a HIGHER POWER.

200.gif.71f7e06d66e759bc2f6939b611665571.gif

It was ME forumers! It was me, all along Forumers!! After all, it's my competition innit?...Although in saying this, I don't think I actually cast anymore than two votes in the end during the earlier rounds, and the final although the other judges had already swung the voting by that point. I wanted a current forumer (and got two), a previous winner and a non-forum ear to lean on. And thus, there's your panel. A nice melting pot there I think.Ā 

Ā 

THE RESULT

But enough about them. Because we want to know the WINNER. And now, I can reveal, that the UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018 winner is......

Ā 

Ā 

*Drumroll...*

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

saudiprince.jpg.8efa2d498fe031aafd5c7e915a6aab95.jpg

HIS EXCELLENCY THE CROWN PRINCE OF THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA!!!!!

BuyingĀ late entry into the competition, his scenario was to book WWE Crown Jewel 2018, and without spoiling it, what an entry. Nothing could top that in the realms of fantasy booking, surely?

I jest. The final panel comments and the winner are below. Congratulations again to both on making it this far, and thanks for taking part.Ā 

Ā 

Panel Comments!

Fatty FacesitterĀ - I mean WeeAl gets points for Hollywood Rock (or at least the theme) for a start. Anytime the Lonely Road of Faith vid gets played never fails to stir the loins either. I dug it and although Iā€™d probably switch up a few KOTR names in there, the booking itself of a Final night of WWE came across as a very realistic portrayal. The backstage catering bit was really funny too.Ā Supremoā€™s is superb from a creative standpoint with a lot of extras thrown in and really hitting the spot with the comedy element. As another judge say below, I donā€™t know what he does for a living but his talents are wasted. Heā€™s a twisted genius.Ā Fatty's vote: WeeAl (1-0)

PunkstepĀ - WeeAl's was good, and I'd enjoy watching it especially for the nostalgia, but Supremo man. Fucking hell. Whatever he does for a job, I suspect he's wasted. Creative genius and I love the effort he puts in with the video. The fact Hade Vansen is one of the major players on the final night of WWE is funny as fuck. Punkstep's vote: Supremo (1-1)

Matt -Ā Supremo's entry is fucking crazy, love it! Hilarious when Hogan was trying to butter up the New Day.Ā WeeAl's is better I think in the sense that it feels a little moreĀ realistic. AĀ fitting tribute. Matt's Vote: WeeAl (2-1)

BomberPat:Ā Supremo's. Wow. It's ambitious, it's (in places) utterly preposterous, but you know what? I could actually see Vince being mad enough to run an Armin Tanzarian angle on himself. More than anything, though, he deserves to win this whole thing for the closing video. Jim Ross is currently on the run from the authorities" is the clincher. WeeAl's is fun, but just feels like an excuse to throw together the biggest card imaginable, so is less fun than Supremo stringing an angle together to run through it all. Pat's vote: Supremo (2-2)

NEWM:Ā WeeAlā€™s was bizarrely on point - it felt a bit roughshod and actually like how theyā€™d maybe book that show. But this is a fantasy booking contest, and Supremoā€™s was fantasy stuff from beginning to end. Big Hade was a bizarrely brilliant touch. NEWM's vote: Supremo (2-3).Ā 

Supremo.thumb.jpg.a53f8fb30e65244b3558fd2e72acaecd.jpg

UKFF FANTASY BOOKING CLASSIC 2018 WINNER: SUPREMO

Congrats Supremo, well deserved, and again fair play to WeeAl who was also superb throughout.Ā 

Thanks all,Ā I enjoyed that, but I don't think I have it in me to start another one of these for a long time!Ā A massive thank you to all of you who took part, either as contestants or judgingĀ - some of the entries this time round have been outrageously good across all the rounds. Even if you registered initially and had to drop out (scum), it's only an internet fantasy wrestling booking competition, and the fact you even registered in the first place gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.Ā 

2JlZ.gif.8bb1bf5d06d57a892632c4599ba415b7.gif

Ā 

• Paid Members

giphy.gif

Awesome! Cheers lads! Congrats to WeeAl too for a sterling effort throughout.

This has been great fun so a big thanks to Fatty Facesitter and the judges for running it. At least now, if my bosses ever discover how much company time I've wasted pissing about making videos about Jerry Lawler getting Yewtree'd, or William Regal deciding if you can ever truly trust a goth, I can at least explain how it earned me victory!

Leave the memories alone.

stone-cold-steve-austin-double-beer-smas

Well done everyone, and some good hosting too, @Fatty Facesitter! IĀ KNEW you were one of the judges after the semi final - I canā€™t remember the line but I remember reading something and for whatever reason it clicked with another thingĀ you mustĀ have written elsewhere.

Good stuff @Supremo, your entries were laugh-out-loud funny. Although my personal tastes prefer to see booking that is more realistic to what WWE would actually do (ie not use the theme from The Bill) but entertainment was the name of the game.

Looking forward to next year šŸ˜‚

Archived